Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By gamer5289
  • 1 Post By Toxcatl

Thread: Figuring out associations draw system

Figuring out associations draw system

Has anyone figured out the draw system in associations?

Our last 4 draws have been terrible.
    All our teams are competing against 10-40% greater q opponents.

Before these 4 straight bad draws, everythng was normal.

We had a challenging, but we were favorites in first round.
    And a competitive final +-5%quality.
    Fair enough.

From last season it seems a switch was turned on and even progressing to finals seems impossible.

All above in gold1 division and our teams at the same stars on the overall.

Has something changed?
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 04-07-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Could it be that at the time of draw there is a calculation based on 14 best players like in the cup?

There are many teams that are devoted only to associations (aka remanin level never lose quality participating only in asso tournaments)
    I have spotted that at the time of draw the team may be at 95% quality because the oppo team has set his "bad" team for the league.
    Afterwards he sets up his reserves and in a minute the team is boosted to 140%

Could it be a clue for unfair draws?
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Dreamer
    Association quality is definitely determined based on best 14 players in squad.
    Even if a team has worst 11 on pitch, if you check the Association overview, you would see his best 14 average stars.
    My guess is that, the 2 important factors in the draw are:
    1. The overall average quality of the association determined using the best 14 in each team
    2. Last X weeks results.

We had a season where we facing monster associations, 1 after another.
    The season before that, we had 4 out of 4 wins in association tournaments.
    So there is definitely some history which affects the draws.

Plus, there is the obvious rule that all draws will be made between teams in same association division.
    GOLD1 will not face a GOLD2 division team.

All the above "rules" are based on my observation.
    Not written anywhere
    So, they may be right, may be wrong.
    Cloverfield and jarharnamme like this.

Famous
    Regarding good/bad draws, one thing I am wondering is, what happens when the number of association in a quality range is not divisible by 4. For example, lets say there are 41 associations between 115% and 125% in Gold 3, nordeus can create 10 tournaments of nothing but associations w/ average quality between 115% and 125%. However, what happens to the 1 association that cannot be placed in such a tournament? Do they go against a 6* opponent, 5* opponent, 8* opponent? Could a scenario like this create unbalanced draws, due to the association draw engine not being able to handle an overflow of associations in a given pot.

Worst draw i've seen, was back in Bronze 1 w/ my original association. The draw consisted of one low 7* association, two high 6* associations and one low 5* association. So maybe our pot of potential consisted of a number of teams when divided by 4 = X and 3/4, and we ended up in a potential overflow pot of teams, so a team from another quality range which had an overflow was added to our pot, so one association was 35% weaker than everybody else.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 04-08-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Regarding good/bad draws, one thing I am wondering is, what happens when the number of association in a quality range is not divisible by 4.
    Well, it's easy. Because:
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer5289 View Post
    Plus, there is the obvious rule that all draws will be made between teams in same association division.
    There is no such strict rule.
    It wasn't our day.

Dreamer
    @Toxcatl

In my personal experience, I have never faced an association in a higher or lower division than mine
    Have you faced one or has something like this been reported on form?
    I always felt that, Nordeus pairs groups competing for the same higher division together, alongwith the additional filter of quality.
    If this is not the case, I would not mind facing some groups from a lower division

Yes, I have, gamer5289, many times. Though it was in Copper/Silver divisions, it was pretty usual to play against association that is couple divisions higher or lower.
    Maybe the rule works only for Gold/Platinum, because I don't remember playing against other divisions in Gold2/1/Platinum. But it definitely doesn't for lower divisions.
    gamer5289 likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

The teams we played were not in the same league as I wanted to look at their position in the league but they were not in our league which defeats the purpose of a league with promotion and relegation.