Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Team Performance Affected By Certain Constructions

  1. #1
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054

    Team Performance Affected By Certain Constructions

    I have noticed this twice: my team performs strangely (poor performance - losses, draws, and unconvincing wins against much lower quality teams) when there is a construction going on. These constructions are those related to the stadium, for instance, stadium upgrade or grass upgrade. In the next match after the construction is over, my team performs as it should.

    What kind of thing is this? I'm so disappointed and annoyed given that I have already invested a lot of money in that game by buying tokens to build the team and so on. If this continues, I will quit the game at the end of this season, given that I can't upgrade certain areas without any performance penalty .

  2. #2
    VIP talisman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Clevedon, UK
    Posts
    3,764
    Palace Terriers have the people in installing Sprinklers on the pitch at the moment - didn't stop them winning 4-0 in yesterday's League match. They're at home again in the Cup this evening, I'll keep an eye on their performance then. Perhaps it's just a coincidence.
    pcmacdaniel and Blackkiwi like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...


  3. #3
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Palace Terriers have the people in installing Sprinklers on the pitch at the moment - didn't stop them winning 4-0 in yesterday's League match. They're at home again in the Cup this evening, I'll keep an eye on their performance then. Perhaps it's just a coincidence.
    This does not happen with some others as well; I have asked them. But, with my team, it went on for about 16 days. When the construction was over, the team started performing as it should (that is, relative to the overall quality, tactics used and so on). This might have been a coincidence, which is why I did not report it before, but there were doubts after I eliminated the other factors that could cause the decrease in performance. Then, when I started the sprinklers construction, the strange performance was back again. It is as if something is blocking my team from playing as it should. I became more sure that there is some relation. I have just rushed the construction using tokens so that this 'bad' period goes away as I have an important match in a few hours.

    I know that this is strange and should not occur, but it has occurred twice already. I will confirm after my next few matches. If I notice the change, then definitely there is something wrong. And if it is the case, I'm not going to buy any more tokens. It seems that I have wasted my money on this game (375 tokens bought so far).
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-03-2015 at 06:33 PM.

  4. #4
    Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    17,712
    it's your idea. I keep building all the time so far so if there was a connection between construction time and performance I would noticed that.
    Also want to say that (I think I 've read all the posts of the forum ) I didn't see anything about this from older ones.
    The only similar subject was about when the grass lv is update, the new grass can cause injuries in games or training.
    Also that if you're playing with opponent that has low quality facilities (and grass), that can cause an injury in your players.
    From my experience, those are "urban legends". Even if it affects, it's just a usual +- 1% which I believe none can have a solid conclusion from observing.
    Gert Funck and Blackkiwi like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

  5. #5
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    it's your idea. I keep building all the time so far so if there was a connection between construction time and performance I would noticed that.
    Also want to say that (I think I 've read all the posts of the forum ) I didn't see anything about this from older ones.
    The only similar subject was about when the grass lv is update, the new grass can cause injuries in games or training.
    Also that if you're playing with opponent that has low quality facilities (and grass), that can cause an injury in your players.
    From my experience, those are "urban legends". Even if it affects, it's just a usual +- 1% which I believe none can have a solid conclusion from observing.
    Like I have said above, others do not seem to have that problem. Take into consideration that many of you are in different levels and are on different servers and have different databases. For my team, there is something strange going on. I will confirm this after the next matches as I have just rushed a construction; if the difference in performance is clear, then it is no more a coincidence. And if ever it is not related to constructions, still there is something wrong, like something just pick your team so that it no longer performs as it should for a certain period.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-03-2015 at 05:50 PM.

  6. #6
    Apprentice sincity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    265
    I think it's just a coincidence, tactician
    Cat Harrison and Gert Funck like this.

  7. #7
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by sincity View Post
    I think it's just a coincidence, tactician
    The thing is that the strange period lasted for almost 16 days, which was during the construction of the stadium. Then, another strange period came during the construction of the sprinklers. Before the stadium construction, the team was winning convincingly, during no, immediately after yes; just before starting the grass update yes, but during, no. It is as if my team had a block during those constructions. So, I will confirm it with what happens in the next few matches as I have rushed the current construction and completed it.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-03-2015 at 07:08 PM.

  8. #8
    Famous
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,271
    Its probably a coincidence.

    The other aspect of this equation is, since your team is a token buyer team you've got a target on your back. Other active managers will recognize your high quality team and this may increase the likelihood of them maxing their win bonus, player morale and/or player condition for this match, compared to other matches against lesser quality teams.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-04-2015 at 04:51 AM.

  9. #9
    English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    StL
    Posts
    8,062
    Building has no affect on performance. Upgrading grass does lower injuries, a bit. But other than that there is zero affect on your players from building/upgrading.
    Just a coincidence.

    Teams can go through periods where they are not performing well, but the facilities won't change that..
    Gert Funck likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Building has no affect on performance. Upgrading grass does lower injuries, a bit. But other than that there is zero affect on your players from building/upgrading.
    Just a coincidence.

    Teams can go through periods where they are not performing well, but the facilities won't change that..
    What is the duration and frequency of these so called unexplained bad periods?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast