Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)

I created this thread to show a point.
    In addition, I am sure that I am not the only one experiencing what you will see in the next words (and screenshots).
    The big text is because I'm really frustrated with the game at the moment. I love tough competitions, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

So here we go.
    My league seems to have many random results. The matches result just seem they were pre-determined before the match started. And, with those "suspicious pre-determined" results, weak and/or inactive teams are giving a lot of headache to teams that should be easily fighting for the title.

And all I want is someone from Nordeus team to explain me what is happening here. And if it’s NORMAL, I think it’s time to start playing another game.

This is the league at the moment:

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)-league-01.jpg

This is a small resume of the teams:

Cacique FC – This guy tanked season before (he was 1 level above me) and now has an amazing team (about 114%). He is daily active and playing mostly 3W-1-2-3W-1;
    AJU Sport Club – This is one of the best teams in my level/server. Daily active, changing formations all the time. His squad is about 107%
    Moniko City – This is my team. 113%, playing mostly 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1V
    Sutthiphod123 FC – Average team, 94%. He plays 3W-2 DMC-3W-2. I saw him attending only 1 of his matches. All the others, he was absent.
    Christian FC – It is another one of the best teams in my level/server. Daily active, playing mostly 4-5-1V or 4-1-1-3W-1. 113% quality squad + all players are scout or recommended.
    Partizan – Average team, about 90%. Plays a weird formation (DC, DC, DR, ML, MC, MC, MR, AMC, AMR, ST). I did not see him attending any of his matches.
    Bobotoh – The last one average team, with about 95%. He plays with a 4-1-2W-2N-1 formation. I did not see him attending any of his matches.
    Alfab0101 FC – It was a good team, but looks like it is abandoned this season. 86% quality, 4-1-2-1-2 wide diamond formation.
    Bergheim, tai-fun, TOP.WOLD, jokerlen, Taquarussu – I’ll forget them. These teams are just terrible, between 50-70%.
    Marc FC – By far, the worst team ever. Abandoned, his players were retired last season; I believe system set his subs to fill some positions automatically because there are many players out of position. His goalkeeper is a DL/DC.

Now take a look at the 8 finished rounds of this league.

Round 1:
    I am ashamed here. And I swear I was playing “down right flank”. Suspicious result #1

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)-league-02.jpg

Round 2:

This Christian FC 113% drew against a 57% team. Suspicious result #2

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)-league-03.jpg

Round 3:
    I had an easy win against this Christian FC. I really did not expect to win so easily as both managers were present and none of us used "weird formations" It was 4-5-1V (Christian) vs 4-4-1-1 (me). Suspicious result #3.

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)-league-04.png

Round 4:
    the biggest troll ever. Cacique drew with this Marc FC. Amazing. Suspicious result #4

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)-league-05.jpg

Round 5:
    Finally a round with nothing suspicious.

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)-league-06.png

Round 6:
    My turn to get another embarassing result. I suffered a goal at the beginning. I had plenty of time to try to change formations, mentality, players. And I did!!!! but “it was not our day”. Suspicious result #5

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)-league-07.jpg

Round 7:

AJU’s turn for a shame match. And again, this “Partizan” giving headache to the favs with his weird formation (I’m already thinking of using it. Should I?). Suspicious result #6

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)-league-08.png

Round 8: what happened to this Bobotoh FC, who beated me before??? And sutthiphod123 beated Christian. Suspicious results #7 and #8. Partizan finally lost.

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)-league-09.png

So, at this moment, 3 teams look really overpowered:
    Partizan (and his weird formation), sutthiphod123 and Bobotoh. And you may start to believe these teams could be under some great management...

And then I come with another mouthful of screenshots to show you that they aren’t!
    These are the Champions League groups of those 3 teams. Note that they may have superpower in the League, but here, they are just free points to everybody (and those groups aren’t as strong as this league)

Is this League a football simulation or pure randomness? (warning: big text here)-league-10.jpg

So, am I being insane to believe that this league is not normal? :s
    madflo19, KenoticFC and Niddhoeggr like this.
    --
    I am playing against the randomness. And the randomness is winning by far.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    So, am I being insane to believe that this league is not normal?
    The luck factor can reach a 35% in one season - league games.
    Jean.Monico likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    The luck factor can reach a 35% in one season - league games.
    I suspect luck is involved too. But it's more than that. Those 3 inactive teams look like real monsters when they face the favs. And they probably aren't even trainned (poor preparation level).
    On round 7 I faced this jokerlen 57% (he plays a wide open 4-2-4) with my main team. Could barely score after 70', when I was already hard attacking + 3 STs.
    And today I won a match 9-0 against this tai-fun (4-4-2 classic 80%). Started normal mentality, scored twice. Halftime I changed to defensive (i wanted to finally end a match without conceding), then score 3 more goals. 65', I changed to hard defending, replaced a MC by a DMC and scored 4 more goals. ;O well, I have no control of anything :/
    Last edited by Jean.Monico; 12-20-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    --

And they probably aren't even trainned (poor preparation level).
    no, you don't know that.
    Maybe the managers preparing their teams but not showing in their games (maybe from their job's schedule).

Those 3 inactive teams look like real monsters when they face the favs
    yes, troll favors more the "auto" teams.
    Jean.Monico likes this.

I do believe for a fact that some teams are favorites from the beginning of the seasons when the draw is made,strange matches that we call trolls I suspect happen to favor them or the already predetermined events , I don't know what the game takes into consideration other than the team quality (I suspect highest quality player, the amount of good players a team has not based on their skills but day to day performance ,previous competition successes,maybe transfer activity etc). I and many also noticed that no matter where I finish in the league most of the times the last match is against a direct rival for the place.

Famous
    I do not know about the luck factor but one thing is certain: thay have killed the tactical aspect of the game. Whatever the way I play, I win or lose because of quality difference. And there, I remain exposed to the "luck" (or else) factor that may ruin your season. I am facing more and more teams with no defense on the wings and in this particular case my deadly wingers cannot score a bloody goal. This was not the case 6 months ago. Actually, I came to the conclusion that the whole game became similar to what are asso games: one day you win 6-0. An 2 hours later, with the same tctic and the same oppo, you get destroyed. Pathetic.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

that's true.
    Not that the old days there weren't weird results (like my super wingers were stopped by 3 mediocre DCs) but the last months I 'm counting more in q difference and orders during my match.
    That's why I 'm not involve anymore in Formations section (for advice).
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 12-21-2017 at 04:15 PM.
    Jean.Monico and madflo19 like this.

I just had a weird cup match today against a team that was playing an irregular formation (2 fullbacks 2 side midfielders and 2wingers plus he didn't have a DC at all just his 2 fullbacks.) I struggled in the match and I only won 2-1 with the goal scored in the 90th minute. Tactics have been hit really hard and the result seemed more like gizzmo said a consequence of the fact that we had similar team quality and maybe because he is 1 level higher than me.
    Jean.Monico and nikolgiorgos like this.

Yeah boys.
    As the league is a "long term" competition, what you do in the 1st day will impact in the last competition day. It's not like a knockout competition where you lose a match but you have a chance for a comeback soon. And if you lose again, you leave the tournament and life goes on.

In the league, you have to plant your seed today, water the plant everydays and expect it to be a beautiful tree after the 26th round.
    And these fistful of trolls are certainly frustrating for who is dedicated. It's wrong and doesn't look like a real thing.

By my side, my league is already destroyed, unless there's a miracle and those major opponents gets some 2 or 3 trolls in the 2nd half of the tournament.
    I'm doing really fine on Cup and Champions League at the moment. I'm still unbeaten on those ones, but as I was added on level +1 Cup and CL, I don't expect to go so far. So, no matter how dedicate I am this season. I won't win Champions League and Cup because my team is not good enough (and I don't have enough available players in the market to boost my quality, as I'm limited to 99%) and my league is following this road of randomness.
    There's something that is not right here.

I just really wished someone from Nordeus could come here and say "sorry, our servers were overloaded. and some of those matches didn't have real simulations", or "sorry to hear that, but we add some balance factors to all teams on league. Some of them are stronger now, but in the 2nd half of the tournaments the factors will be the opposite and if your team looks weaker now, it will be stronger later, that's how we balance things and it's the same for all teams", or "sorry, but your team is too much young and that's why they don't perform regularly"

Well, I will wait for something.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    I am facing more and more teams with no defense on the wings and in this particular case my deadly wingers cannot score a bloody goal. This was not the case 6 months ago.
    It's sad to see those defenses with 3n are looking fine against AML and AMR ;/
    --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast