View Poll Results: Do you see this thread deserve to be sticky?

Voters
304. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, deserve to be sticky.

278 91.45%
  • No, should be as it is.

26 8.55%
Page 63 of 200 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How to Win Against Any Formation?

I've got an important cup match this evening. My opponent usually plays with a 4-1-2-1-2narrow with strong 5-star DMC, better than average MCs and good AMC and DCs.
    The logical choice against him would be V-style to block dmc and attack through wingers. However, i believe that his strong dmc, if red-arrowed, would benefit quite a lot, being free to start the action and giving my opponent too much ball possesion. Am i wrong? Or would it be better to play with 3 MCs?

3-1-3W-1-2 should work well, your two wide MC's will drag his centre Mc's all over the place while getting balls into the two ST, your own DMC and AMC cancel out his.
    Better still if your MR/ML are also AM.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Hey, which formation should i have against this team ? His formation is 3-4-1-2(here is a pic with his formation) How to Win Against Any Formation?-formation.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    3-1-3W-1-2 should work well, your two wide MC's will drag his centre Mc's all over the place while getting balls into the two ST, your own DMC and AMC cancel out his.
    Better still if your MR/ML are also AM.
    The problem si that i don't have any amc what about a 3-1-4-2 then?
    Last edited by giond; 01-03-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    Kyankov ....To late I see you have decided on your original.
    I'd have gone with the V formation, although it leaves one AM player free, your four at the back should cope, it is also your most balanced formation and offers something in attack with your own AM players supporting the striker and feeding ballsl to him, the AM players will keep his DL/DR busy while the striker goes through the centre of the two other DC's.

DR----DC--DC----DL
    ---------DC/DCM
    ------MC-------MC
    AMR/MR-----------AML
    ------------ST

Play everyone flat to start give it 15 minutes if possession looks OK put up arrows on your AM players.

Normal, Both flanks, Own half, Short, Normal, Zonal, No O/S No force counter.

Second half you are holding your own but not to many chances try forcing counter and switch passing to mixed with up arrow on the striker, then long passing if still goals.

If you are happy with a draw stick to the first set of orders without the arrows.
    Hi, I see your proposal as playing with 4-3-2-1 against 4-3-2-1. I am not sure if this will be in my favor but I will try it. Game is in 30 minutes.

EDIT: Thanks for your help Accyrover. I won 0:1 using 4-3-2-1 (my usual formation) as you suggested. Only change I made for better was to switch passes through the center and this was enough to change things in my favor - his wings were significantly better than mine, but I was better in the middle. The only problem I see, is that all attacks are executed by my wings and my ST doesn't receive a chance to play. My AMs dont make crosses. Do you know how to change that?
    Last edited by kyankov; 01-03-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Hello Guys,
    Next game I will play against an unusual formation 4-2 (2 DMC)-2 (ML/MR)-1-1
    My team is 23 stars and his level is 15 stars.
    Please let me know your opinion about best formation for me.

--------GK--------
    -DR---DC-DC---DL-
    ----DMC-DMC-----
    -MR-----------ML-
    -------AMC-------
    --------ST--------

Thx a lot
    Last edited by Luisfran; 01-03-2013 at 09:31 PM.

I'll play against the 1st of my league (I'm second)
    he plays:

-------ST----ST--------
    -------------------------
    ........MC-MC-MC------
    ----------DMC----------
    DL---DC-----DC----DR

he plays ultra offensive (i know it beacause he is my friend in real life)
    How should I play? I always play 4-5-1 with 3 mc and aml/r or 3-5-2 with 3DC's 3MC ad aml/r and I always loose.
    Please help meee! I need to win this league thank you

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonçal View Post
    I'll play against the 1st of my league (I'm second)
    he plays:

-------ST----ST--------
    -------------------------
    ........MC-MC-MC------
    ----------DMC----------
    DL---DC-----DC----DR

he plays ultra offensive (i know it beacause he is my friend in real life)
    How should I play? I always play 4-5-1 with 3 mc and aml/r or 3-5-2 with 3DC's 3MC ad aml/r and I always loose.
    Please help meee! I need to win this league thank you
    Try the 3-5-2. Normal Mentality, down both flanks, zonal marking, short passing, normal tackling. If you need added offense, put arrows on both wingers and add counter if you like.

Rookie
    Here's an odd formation that I can't figure out:

DL---DC---DR
    --DMC--DMC--
    ---MC---MC---
    AML-------AMR
    -------ST-------

Note I do not have a DML.

EDIT: I guess it's called the Butterfly formation. How do I beat this? I could not find the answer either on this forum or on the old forum.
    Last edited by ThePsycho; 01-04-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Well I have pretty much looked through this whole thread but can't find a formation to counter this one:
    DL DC DR
    DMC
    MC MC
    AMC
    ST ST ST

Also if I need any arrows and what type of tactics. Thanks heaps