Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: When and how you should use the game orders & Tactics? Let's see here :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keepout24 View Post
    great work Adel..

but what about tackling.. i always use normal..

see the 7th section it's done in the last update.

Quote Originally Posted by Adel Gamal View Post
    1- I'm usually play with hard attacking home or away and my main squad always 6* and the weakest are 5* 99%.
    2- Short passing need too much players in middle like if u play with 4 4 2 classic or 3 5 2 or any formation contain 4 or 5 player at middle so using short passing need strait middle and 4/5 in mid.
    3- mixed passing focus used when you didn't find any weak point in your opponent formation like his wingers or DR/L or his mid.
    4- The possession come from using whole pitch beside using strong players not depending on attacking ... you may play with normal mentality and whole pitch and then the possession become for you ... and you may play with attacking mentality/own half and you lose the possession so what?

The possession depends mainly on whole pitch/strong players but about the players it represent secondary element in possession

Anything else m8 ?
    Okay, I have been under the impression if you control mid field you will control possession. So, I try to have as many if not more players in mid field than my oppoenent, for example if I play against 442 classic, I will ensure I have at least 5 players in mid field to counter thus attaining a posession advantage. What you are saying is if you play attacking & whole pitch, the possession advantage will come. I almost always play own half.

Also, if I play short passing then I need at least 5 in mid field, maybe 6. So if I play say 442 classic, then I should play mixed passing.

And playing at home is no different to playing away, it simply depends on your opponent's formation & team strength.

Cheers
    No regrets

------------------------------------

Club: Massie Lodge FC
    Level: 16
    League Titles: 6
    League Runner Up: 2
    Third Place: 3
    Champions League Winner: 3
    Champions League Runner Up: 2
    Cup Winner: 2
    Cup Runner Up: 2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luskin Star View Post
    Okay, I have been under the impression if you control mid field you will control possession. So, I try to have as many if not more players in mid field than my oppoenent, for example if I play against 442 classic, I will ensure I have at least 5 players in mid field to counter thus attaining a posession advantage. What you are saying is if you play attacking & whole pitch, the possession advantage will come. I almost always play own half.

Also, if I play short passing then I need at least 5 in mid field, maybe 6. So if I play say 442 classic, then I should play mixed passing.

And playing at home is no different to playing away, it simply depends on your opponent's formation & team strength.

Cheers
    In short words if you wanna control the possession play with whole pitch ... and if your opponent play with whole pitch and the same player in middle so the possession will be equal .

If you wanna ensure you will gain the possession play in middle more than your opponent with one + use whole pitch

I am having my first real crack at the treble this season, so I am nervous to change my successful tactics. I'm 11 points clear in the League, might try out whole pitch in the remaining League matches.

I must say I have had an issue with playing attacking in the last 2 seasons, so have changed to normal mentality this season in most games unless playing a weaker oppoenent or an abandoned team.

I have found in Level 8 there are no easy games, League or CL. The further up in Levels I go, tactics & orders seem to be the most important issue, especially as I don't buy tokens.

Thanks again m8
    No regrets

------------------------------------

Club: Massie Lodge FC
    Level: 16
    League Titles: 6
    League Runner Up: 2
    Third Place: 3
    Champions League Winner: 3
    Champions League Runner Up: 2
    Cup Winner: 2
    Cup Runner Up: 2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luskin Star View Post
    I am having my first real crack at the treble this season, so I am nervous to change my successful tactics. I'm 11 points clear in the League, might try out whole pitch in the remaining League matches.

I must say I have had an issue with playing attacking in the last 2 seasons, so have changed to normal mentality this season in most games unless playing a weaker oppoenent or an abandoned team.

I have found in Level 8 there are no easy games, League or CL. The further up in Levels I go, tactics & orders seem to be the most important issue, especially as I don't buy tokens.

Thanks again m8
    You are welcome; but try just try and see ... you should play rightly so as not to let the game engine play with you, don't give it the chance to randomize play in the right way.

Rookie
    Hey, could you help with a few questions I have:
    1) I've read before that others recommend using offside trap when playing whole pitch, but you say the opposite. Is it definitely best to only use when playing own half?

On page 2 of this thread in your post re 4-5-1V vs 4-4-2 you say to use offside trap when using whole pitch and attacking. So this is ok too?

2) How do you know what your opponent is doing? E.g. Know they are playing whole pitch, or counter attack, or attacking?

3) I understand to focus passing where your opponent is weak, but what about where you are strong? I normally focus passing there. Using your 4-5-1V vs 4-4-2 again, I thought it would be better to attack down the wing as you will be using 2 AMs.
    Last edited by Rob1984; 03-04-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Great job Adel.
    I used your advices for the last 3 games and it worked very good.
    I dont understand one thing, if you could explain, if my oponent is 2 or 3 quality points better then me(ex. 29 me and 32 him) can i still play ofensive or should i switch to normal or defensive? And what is, in your opinion, the quality diference that will make you switch from a atacking mentality to normal or defensive.
    Thank you.

P.S. Sorry about my english, missed a few lesons.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1984 View Post
    Hey, could you help with a few questions I have:
    1) I've read before that others recommend using offside trap when playing whole pitch, but you say the opposite. Is it definitely best to only use when playing own half?

On page 2 of this thread in your post re 4-5-1V vs 4-4-2 you say to use offside trap when using whole pitch and attacking. So this is ok too?

2) How do you know what your opponent is doing? E.g. Know they are playing whole pitch, or counter attack, or attacking?

3) I understand to focus passing where your opponent is weak, but what about where you are strong? I normally focus passing there. Using your 4-5-1V vs 4-4-2 again, I thought it would be better to attack down the wing as you will be using 2 AMs.
    1- About the offside trap : I'm personally use this option if I'm playing normal or defensive or hard defensive mentality, other wise i don't ... but It doesn't mean this the right standard and you know the game randomization .

The offside trap suppose to work great with the attacking mentality but what? I don't find it useful ever when i use it while playing attacking/hard attacking ... but works good and can feel it's effect in normal/defensive. (this phrase will be added to this thread so as to be clear from now and don't be so sad )

I'm always prefer and as i said before (all this what said/mentioned here or any thread or comment from me is generated from my experience with the game engine in 13 months so you may find some wired information doesn't correspond to the default standard ) so I said in my comment in page 2 use offside trap while using attacking mentality and i said that because 4 4 2 classic formation not an attacking formation and has two strikers who doesn't have any support from the back (AMR/C/L) so it's easy for your defense to trap them .

and generally using offside trap depends on the existence of AMR/C/L in the match ground or not, if not then use it safely but if there are any AMR/C/L then don't ever use offside trap regardless of using defensive/normal or attacking.

2- I suppose always you are an active manager and watch your games so when you play and see your opponent's possession near yours or more then be sure he is using whole pitch ... if you saw that his attacks twards your side is much more than you then you will feel that (your are a professional manager and know where the game going to).

3- I didn't mentioned when your opponent weak or strong, I said specifications to use short,long or mixed passing so read again (this doesn't require from you using against weak or strong it doesn't matter)

Using AMR/C/L don't require/force you play down both flanks, but depending on the weak points for you opponent if has no wingers or DR/L then fell free to use AMR/C/L and ... but you can use down both flanks against any formation but if it doesn't work to break the opponent defense then you depriving yourself from using the mixed passing focus and use all possible methods beside the down both flanks .

I hope I could answer you questions in the right way ... and i hope all of this is adequate

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mironalin View Post
    Great job Adel.
    I used your advices for the last 3 games and it worked very good.
    I dont understand one thing, if you could explain, if my oponent is 2 or 3 quality points better then me(ex. 29 me and 32 him) can i still play ofensive or should i switch to normal or defensive? And what is, in your opinion, the quality diference that will make you switch from a atacking mentality to normal or defensive.
    Thank you.

P.S. Sorry about my english, missed a few lesons.
    Using attacking mentality depends on the opponent quality but it requires too much difference between you and your opponent to fear from using attacking mentality like if the difference is more than 5 in the main squad rating (the overall rating don't equal the main squad rating) so if the difference less 5 then play as you want (attacking/normal/defensive).

And where should I put at the entrance?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast