Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1

Not really, the live action doesn't do horror tackles justice. I only play hard against teams with poor subs now. Usually only in league or legs I don't have many players at risk for suspensions. I like Gareth Bales not VInnie Joneses. I always have one or two enforcers on my squads though. Sometimes somebody gonna get the hurt. I've been contracting my legbreaks out from SE Asia lately.

4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1-s19bflip.jpg
    The man can flip some meat, let me tell you.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Punchee FC Semi-Final 2nd leg (Update)

Update on my semi-final - 2nd leg (won 1-0 1st leg)

DreamTeam FC (0) 2 - 3 (1) Punchee FC
    Punchee FC won 4-2 on aggregate

Well that game went down well! I'm well chuffed to win this game.. even if the other team wasn't managed.. nobody turned up (again) and I checked his league position and form etc. no change from before the 1st leg, as it was still the same.
    I gambled on him using the same formation 4-1-4-1 [I'm assuming that this team has to be un-managed, he's only won one game in five with four defeats.

As a result of looking at his form/formation, I stuck with the same formation I'd played in the 1st Leg of the Semi-Final. A 3N-3W-2-N-1, and it worked (just) and I changed it a tad in the second half. [see attached screenshots]

I couldn't watch the whole game, as I was working, so I had to check it as the game progressed. I got a bit worried as he banged one in to go 1-0 up after nine minutes! I got it back to 1-1 in the thirty-fifth minute (T. Grant) only to go in 2-1 down at half time, ! wasn't too worried as I was level [2-2] on aggregate, as I had the advantage of the away goal.

I then made the switch in the 2nd half and put my sub on in the 50th min and Nordeus then took their time (as always!) and Espincho finally came on in the 63rd minute(!). I then adjusted my tactics after Cauich (DML/ML/AML) scored in the 73rd min to make it 2-2 in this match and this put me 3-2 up on aggregate. I adjusted my tactics and formation and then got the "decisive" goal on 80 mins, when McGroary (MC/ML/MR) scored to put me 3-2 up and 4-2 on aggregate. I did "pucker" a bit as DreamTeam FC hit the post (twice) in the second half but I played possession football in the 2nd half and eventually ran out winners 3-2 and 4-2 over the two legs.

Bonuses used in this game, if I recall correctly it was this:

First Half:
    Defensive (once)
    Condition (twice)

2nd Half
    Possession (twice)
    Condition (once)

I also switched from Defensive to Normal in the 70th minute as well.
    So on the whole I think I did well, all things considering, and to be honest, if this team was managed during the game, I do think I would have lost (both legs) considering the ratings/skill levels of DreamTeam FC.

Now I face a lower ranked team in the Final.. He's only a Level 10... (only! lol)
    Giant Killing on the cards? Not counting my chickens or being overly confident but I think I might lose if the manager turns up for the final, as well as the time of day, I work mainly when these games are played, so it's not always possible to be logged on and at the game.

Note: the yellow cards you see on my players are for league matches (I've displayed the formations I played in the 2nd half of this Cup Semi-final using my home PC [after work]. Not all those players are playing at the same time, or I'd be screwed in my league [I'm currently top by one point with 5 games to go but I'm concerned over the way Nordeus game engine dishes out yellow/reds in games as some of the yellows were picked up with Tackling Style set on Easy!

Below are screenshots of the match (with details).
    Hope this helps out with other people's formations and tactics (given that a lot of people don't actually add a lot of detail into some of them when asking/giving advice, I've added as much as possible to aid others.

4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1-punchee-cup-final.jpg

4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1-punchee-2nd-leg-semifinal-1.jpg

4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1-punchee-2nd-leg-semifinal-2.jpg

4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1-player-ratings.jpg

4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1-semifinal-lineup-1.jpg

4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1-semifinal-lineup-2.jpg

4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1-semi-final-1st-half.jpg

4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1-2nd-half-formation.jpg

4-1-4-1 countered with 3(N)-3(W)-2(N)-1-1-formations-subs-played.jpg

Cup matches played with scores

"Dear Nordeus" can you answer me this:
    Why is it that in every Cup competion I've played in, since I took this team on (I'm now in my eight season) I've been playing teams 2-4 levels higher than me, every season I've played in! It's been like this every season, so far, why!?
    Also under the old style Top Eleven format I'm listed as playing a regular 4-4-2 formation and hard attacking. (I do neither of these options)

This seasons Cup Matches played and results (my score first)

Qualy Rd
    FC Kittke [Level 12] No show by Manger
    5-1
    4-1
    (9-2)

2nd Rd
    FC Matth [Level 10] This guy turned up late in the 2nd leg and it probably pissed him off too looking at that result, as he had a player sent off too.)
    2-1
    6-1
    (8-2)

3rd Rd
    FC Marseille [Level 9] This guy turned up to both games.
    3-0
    4-2
    (7-2)

Wang FC [Level 10] Manager present at both games
    3-1
    1-2
    (4-3)

Mustafa FC [Level12] Manage present in 1st leg
    1-0
    2-0
    (3-0)

DreamTeam FC [Level 12] Manager not present at either game
    1-0
    3-2
    (4-2)

Cup Final: Bor.Monasteria [Level 10]
    details to follow.....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by KT Cole View Post
    "Dear Nordeus" can you answer me this:
    Why is it that in every Cup competion I've played in, since I took this team on (I'm now in my eight season) I've been playing teams 2-4 levels higher than me, every season I've played in! It's been like this every season, so far, why!?
    Also under the old style Top Eleven format I'm listed as playing a regular 4-4-2 formation and hard attacking. (I do neither of these options)

This seasons Cup Matches played and results (my score first)

Qualy Rd
    FC Kittke [Level 12] No show by Manger
    5-1
    4-1
    (9-2)

2nd Rd
    FC Matth [Level 10] This guy turned up late in the 2nd leg and it probably pissed him off too looking at that result, as he had a player sent off too.)
    2-1
    6-1
    (8-2)

3rd Rd
    FC Marseille [Level 9] This guy turned up to both games.
    3-0
    4-2
    (7-2)

Wang FC [Level 10] Manager present at both games
    3-1
    1-2
    (4-3)

Mustafa FC [Level12] Manage present in 1st leg
    1-0
    2-0
    (3-0)

DreamTeam FC [Level 12] Manager not present at either game
    1-0
    3-2
    (4-2)

Cup Final: Bor.Monasteria [Level 10]
    details to follow.....
    It's because you finished the season with a strong team, it rates your top 14 players and averages you into a competitive group. I'm the same

In 2 I was in 3
    3 I was in 4
    4 I was in 6
    5 I was in 8 (won)
    6 I am in 9 (in final)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12