• 1 Post By LeManiaque
  • 1 Post By CobhArsenalFC
  • 1 Post By ibangali
  • 1 Post By LeManiaque

Thread: Player Ratings question - Predetermined or dynamic

Rookie

Player Ratings question - Predetermined or dynamic

Hi all,

Does anyone have a handle on how player ratings come to be? Is this either a advantage or handicap that is hardcoded into a match before kick off? As in will one player have a miserable day regardless of condition, morale, position arrows etc?

I just had my second leg of a CL match in which i won the first leg 1-0. We both played the same formations each leg, he was a 4-1-4-1, somewhat defensive and i was a 4-1-3-2 counter attack (zonal, low press down arrows on my defenders etc) With this formation I have had decent luck, only conceding maybe 1 goal per match regardless if weaker or stronger. In this case however i was 12% stronger and I got smoked 6-2. I noticed that half my team registered 5.5 or lower rating whilst his team stayed steady at around a 7 average. I'm thinking this was the cause of my big loss. I don't feel my tactics or formation were inappropriate. A draw or 1-2 goal loss, sure crap luck but 6-2 with the low player ratings seems like the more likely culprit.

So my question is do you think owners can effect player ratings mid game or is substitution the only solution.

Cheers

I'm not very expert but my understanding is you beaten by counter formation. You playing 4-1-3-2 and if I'm playing against you I'll happily go on your flank, using 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1v or 4-3-2-1; my both dc + dmc plus one mc will good enough to protect your 'through the middle' attack, so my 4 wingers easily dominate your flank.

If you are 25 or 30% or more higher q than me then I might have to put blue arrow on my second mc and wait for my wingers bring result by defending with counter attack.
    Last edited by ibangali; 12-27-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Famous
    Short opinion- absolutely yes, you can and should have an impact on player ratings during a match (both yours and opponent's).

Ratings are fickle. This game probably means you have missed something, that pressing or passing strategy was a poor match for this case, for example. I do believe that players can have bad days where substitution is the right answer, for some reason. They also may not keep up well with the action, and certainly don't predict the future; I often sub my ST late in the game only to have a goal before the swap, and my DR sometimes seems to "warm up" starting low and ending high. It's not clear to anyone, pressing up your attacker doesn't mean + ratings boost or goals.

Advice is to watch and experiment. Try arrows, passing, and mentality changes to start.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ibangali View Post
    I'm not very expert but my understanding is you beaten by counter formation. You playing 4-1-3-2 and if I'm playing against you I'll happily go on your flank, using 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1v or 4-3-2-1; my both dc + dmc plus one mc will good enough to protect your 'through the middle' attack, so my 4 wingers easily dominate your flank.

If you are 25 or 30% or more higher q than me then I might have to put blue arrow on my second mc and wait for my wingers bring result by defending with counter attack.
    Thanks for the input, but i'm not understanding how they dominated my flanks when i had 2 wings and 2 defenders out wide. Even if his defensive backs played all the way up wouldn't my ML/MR and DL/DR match his ML/MR and DL/DR. Thats why i was comfortable in my formation. His 4-1-4-1 looked more like a possession formation not one poised to take advantage of my counter-attack minded 4-1-3W-2 through the flanks.

Cheers for the clarification.

Famous
    If you share screenshots of the actual ratings, the match stats page, and your full tactics we might have a stronger answer.
    ibangali likes this.
    "Please stay polite"

Pueblo FC

Rookie
    Sure
    Player Ratings question - Predetermined or dynamic-img_2106.jpgPlayer Ratings question - Predetermined or dynamic-img_2108.jpg

My formation was 4-1-3W-2 with down arrows on all four defenders. Bonuses were at 8% across the board and morale was excellent, condition 95-100%, win bonus maxed out. I played defensive bonus throughout most of the match

Tactics: counterattack, long ball, mixed passing locality, low pressing, zonal marking, offside trap off and normal tackling.

After going down 4-2 I changed to 4-3W-1-2. Attacking with high press, man to man, offside trap on and counters off. I subbed my DMC for an AMC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Player Ratings question - Predetermined or dynamic-img_2107.jpg  
    LeManiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CobhArsenalFC
    somewhat defensive and i was a 4-1-3-2 counter attack (zonal, low press down arrows on my defenders etc) With this
    Quote Originally Posted by CobhArsenalFC
    to take advantage of my counter-attack minded 4-1-3W-2 through the flanks.
    4-1-3-2 and 4-1-3w-2 not same formation, 4-1-3w-2 can counter by 4-1-4-1, 5 [1-4] midfielders against 4 [1-3w].
    anyway, LeManiaque explaining better
    thanks
    Last edited by ibangali; 12-28-2016 at 05:10 PM.
    CobhArsenalFC likes this.

Famous
    My feeling is he played flanks, normal or attacking, short passing, possibly high pressing, and may have had up arrows on his MCs as well as his 4 flank players. I wouldn't dwell on it. (5 saves for your GK with a 6 rating? Hmph)

I've noticed my AMC can do great with an up arrow when opponent's DMC has a down arrow. Perhaps the 4 down arrow defenders opened up space for his midfield, since they had best ratings. Maybe the low press+ arrows allowed too many shots from outside the box, which could be easier to save and account for your GK rating. I notice my D line sometimes needs tweaking, like my DR might need an arrow to position himself aggressively.
    CobhArsenalFC likes this.
    "Please stay polite"

Pueblo FC