Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: how to beat 4-4-2 Classic.. VS slightly better quality team?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BMD23 View Post
    I've found 4-1-3w-1-1 to work well for me this season. Throughout the game I either add a red arrow to my amc or a blue arrow to increase possession whether the blue arrow actually helps Im not 100% sure. I also toggle between attacking the flanks and mixed passing. I always have red arrows on my dl,dr,mr,ml. I figure my wide backs Will cutoff his wide attack while supporting my flank attack while ml&r are free to attack.
    I have also had good results with the wide diamond believe it or not. WD has been one of the stronger formations this season. I keep reading that 4-2-2-2 hexagon is the formation to beat this season but I tried using it a couple times to see what all the hype was and had no such luck. I have a pretty strong team and toyed with 3w in the back quite a bit and was surprised to see great results although I assumed it would leave me exposed. 3w-1-3w-1-2 has been pretty effective. The guy in 1st place in m y league swears by it and has only lost one game all season(to yours truly). Love this site guys. Keep up the good work
    This guy is right.
    I had a great result against 4-4-2 playing 4-1-3W-1-1.

Made it to the CL final just an hour ago, thanks for sharing!

My 4-4-2, which has helped me to a comfortable first place position, was just CRUSHED by a slightly lesser opponent by a score of 1-7. I was the away team playing against a slightly lesser opponent (86.8 v 86.4).

He played a 4-4-1-1. My settings were Defensive with Counter-attacks.

I wonder if the game settings have just been changed?

A major caveat here too, I was down 3-1 when I picked up a red card but still at the time I was getting killed in score and statistically (possession, shots, etc.). So maybe there isn't enough data here and it was just a fluke where the computer randomly gave him goals on his first few shots.

My comfortable 6 point lead is now down to 3 with 3 games to go.

You can also try a 4-4-2 classic

If he's supposed to attack on flank, just put blu arrows on ML/MR and red on MC.

This way you'll defend with a 4-2(DMx)-2-2 and attack with a 4-3-1-2
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

Finally I've tried the 4-1-3w-1-1.

Not bad for a Cup final. Really not bad

how to beat 4-4-2 Classic.. VS slightly better quality team?-cupfin1.jpg

Quality of the starting formations: 66,7 (him) vs 67,1 (me)
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

ohhh I hate the 4-4-2 -.-''''' alwais problems... and the 4-1-4-1 too xD only can do something with the same 4-4-2... but next matches I will try something new.... a 3-1-5-1 .....or 3-5-1-1 xDDD

(-_-)'
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    khris let us know if you find a decent counter, I have given up and so they just get 4 4 2 right back at 'em.....
    khris likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3-1-3w-2-1. Blue Arrows on ML & MR. Attacking throw middle, Mixed passes.

-----GK-------
    --DC-DC-DC--
    -----DMC-----
    MR---MC---ML
    ---AMC-AMC--
    ------ST------

how to beat 4-4-2 Classic.. VS slightly better quality team?-untitled2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how to beat 4-4-2 Classic.. VS slightly better quality team?-untitled5.jpg  
    Last edited by Mohamed Sultan; 09-20-2013 at 03:09 AM.

4-1-3w-1-1. First defense after a missed goal - attack, Focus passing - mixed,Mixed passes.
    Opponent Lukasz
    how to beat 4-4-2 Classic.. VS slightly better quality team?-lukasz-4-4-2-me-4-1-3w-1-1.jpg
    how to beat 4-4-2 Classic.. VS slightly better quality team?-lukasz.jpg
    how to beat 4-4-2 Classic.. VS slightly better quality team?-lukasz-4-4-2-me-4-1-3w-1-1-stats.jpg

Tell me how I should play the second leg in the cup?
    Opp - 20, me - 23.

each strategy has a particular strength, you studied
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

My two cents

My two cents: I played twice against very similar quality player, this season and these comments will be based on them.

The first game: Match was in his grounds and both of us were in the game. I sticked to 4-1-3N-2 and won confidently, basically thrashed him statistics-wise.
    The second game: Match was in my grounds and both of us were watching the game. I started out as 4-1-2-1-2 ND, playing attacking mentality through the middle, with no arrows. He was doing better than me, but didn't have anything more than a single 1-on-1 in the first half and a number of unsuccessful corners. I switched to 4-5-1 V-Style late into the second half, attacking mentality, down both flanks, red arrows on AMs, counter-attack. Stats changed to my favor and I had a number of corners, run through flanks, shoots from distance in last 20 mins since I did the change, while he had complete "nothing". Neither of us was able to score and it ended draw. Man of the match was his goalkeeper! I guess I would have won, if I changed to 4-5-1 V-Style a little sooner, but all those rumors regarding inefficiency of this formation added a lot of hesitation.

P.S. Both of us are very good defense-wise and have a quality goalkeeper.
    P.P.S. If I would play against a strong 4-4-2 again, I would still start with Narrow Diamond (conservative) and change to V-Style (risky but efficient), but a lot sooner.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast