View Poll Results: What do you think was the best tv fiction of the past 15 years?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Sopranos

1 4.17%
  • The Wire

2 8.33%
  • Breaking Bad

7 29.17%
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer

1 4.17%
  • House

4 16.67%
  • Lost

1 4.17%
  • The Shield

0 0%
  • Battlestar Galactica

1 4.17%
  • other

7 29.17%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best TV Show of past 15 years

Rookie

Best TV Show of past 15 years

What do you guys think is the best tv fiction of past 15 years? The options are just the shows I have seen* that I thought were pretty good. Only including shows that have finished.

Personally I think it was The Sopranos.

*With exception to the Shield, I've only seen a few episodes, but I've heard it's thoroughly good and I intend to watch the whole thing soon.
    Last edited by Conker King; 10-22-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    A tough call betwixt Buffy & House for me..
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Buffy omg it's olddddddddddddddddddd.

My vote goes for Breaking BAD!

Anyway Game of Thrones should be in the top too!
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

House for me but if you could use shows still running The Walking Dead or Greys anatomy !!!!!!!

Does Fringe count as Fiction? If yes my vote for it
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Where is 'The Big Bang Theory' or 'Two And A Half Men' or 'How I Met Your Mother'??? Maybe u have not included comedies. LOLs. And even 'Friends' which is over now.
    Coming to serious ones, I think 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Revenge'.
    So, I go for others.
    House is actually good but others was more tempting.
    khris likes this.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Where is 'The Big Bang Theory' or 'Two And A Half Men' or 'How I Met Your Mother'??? Maybe u have not included comedies. LOLs. And even 'Friends' which is over now.
    So, I go for others.
    Yea I agree with yu TBBT should be on the list, it's just great
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Honestly!!! Sheldon Cooper is just amazing!!! And so r others. Even HIMYM!!!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    So, I go for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    I only included shows that are no longer airing, ie, they've finished, the show is over. There are quite a few shows that had an awesome front 9, but the back 9 was abysmal, lowering the overall quality of the show. I kinda put Lost in that camp, but a lot of people still liked the 2nd half of that show so I included it.

If I did include shows that are still running, like Himym and tbbt, both shows I watch, I still wouldn't have included them. Maybe I'm biased against sitcoms or comedies, but when I watch a tv show I want to experience the full gamut of emotions. The one thing about the shows I included is that even though they are dramas or sci fi, they're also incredibly funny on top of all that dramatic good stuff and pathos. There are few non-comedy moments in HIMYM and pretty much none in tbbt.

That bias aside, even for what they are, I just don't think they're that good. The past few seasons of HIMYM have been pretty poor, Ted feels like the friend of the main character instead of the primary agent for whom the show is supposed to be built around, searching for the titular character the show is named after. Barney and Robin have been pretty much stripped of their awesome and watered down so that they work as a couple. While Marshal and Lily went from being an incredibly sweet endearing couple with some depth to this utterly irrational farcial pairing who are just there to create oddball comedy moments. The first 3/4 seasons of HIMYM were awesome, but the show has been steadily treading downwards towards mediocrity for a while now.

As for TBBT, at least HIMYM had the first few seasons, tbbt has never been awesome. It's enjoyable, and charming, but utterly predictable and incredibly formulaic, so obviously well inside its comfort zone with no interest venturing out into unchartered territory.

I don't know if I just wrote an essay or had a ****.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

Quote Originally Posted by conker king View Post
    what do you guys think is the best tv fiction of past 15 years? The options are just the shows i have seen* that i thought were pretty good. Only including shows that have finished.

Personally i think it was the sopranos.

*with exception to the shield, i've only seen a few episodes, but i've heard it's thoroughly good and i intend to watch the whole thing soon.
    sons of anarchy & friends

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast