Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Regarding the token loss when bidding on a player.

Ok. But in the instance of those who may just love the game and may not have access to a credit card, how do we keep our team moving up if up is only accessible with better ranked players? Is it then that we are being forced to remain lowly until such time as we access a credit card? Now THAT removes ALL the enjoyment of the game! It means all the tactics and formations mean absolutely nothing! Maybe ou could reward the bidder by giving back a fraction of the number of coins bid. Or take a fraction of the money accrued playing and allow the bidder to remain with a portion of the coins bid! In real life auctions you don't lose your ability to bid on something else if you lose an auction. It would be nice to see some true real life management action.

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Yes but even like that, why players should pay for tokens? I mean Nordeus will lose a lot of moneys in this way, to host 8M account is not something cheap.

Also, all teams will be 5 stars plus. Anyway developers created "Negotions" where you don't lose tokens or moneys.
    How can they lose money? This project will probably end up like Xperteleven.com when the company got too greedy.

People WILL pay for tokens. For example, I just lost 150 tokens(15dollar or something like that) for nothing. You think I will buy a new pack of tokens? Not really, I won't. Atleast not untill like 2 or 3 more seasons has passed. If you buy 150 tokens, and you dont lose them after bidding on players, you can buy few players and not feel like you lost it for nothing, even if you loose a player after 10 rounds of bids and not 100. Ofcourse I know it's not normal to bid 120+ tokens for a player, but I'm just making a point.

This will ofcourse lead to more people having more tokens and thus the biddings on players for tokens would rise.
    For example, today lets say it's normal to pay 5-15tokens for a decent players on managerlevel 3(my level, 3rd season) and like 1.5m. If customers that doesn't win a player on auction doesnt loose their tokens, they will dare to bid more. So it might end up with a situation where players instead pay like 25-35 tokens for a decent player. The ONE THAT WINS, still loses his tokens. HE EVEN LOSES MORE TOKENS THAN BEFORE. So the company wouldnt lose money. Infact, I believe they would earn money. More people would feel good with bidding and not being scared. More people would maybe be secure with buying tokens and not being afraid of spending real life money on nothing.

I think you should put this suggestion up to your bosses, I can help them it looks like. They should've studdied administration and business/economy at the University it seems.

I have a hard time seeing how they would lose money, I understand the point you're trying to make. "If a player loses 40 tokens on a player - he has to buy more to play the game and buy new players!" but you need to look at things on a long term perspective. Not just today.

Happy, and loyal customers are the best customers you can have. You can't just expect everyone to buy new tokens for ever. In the end everyone will get bored of it and stop buying tokens when they realize that all they have to do for this game to be good at it is to buy tokens. You need another way to satisfy your customers.
    Anamnesis likes this.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anamnesis View Post
    Ok. But in the instance of those who may just love the game and may not have access to a credit card, how do we keep our team moving up if up is only accessible with better ranked players? Is it then that we are being forced to remain lowly until such time as we access a credit card? Now THAT removes ALL the enjoyment of the game! It means all the tactics and formations mean absolutely nothing! Maybe ou could reward the bidder by giving back a fraction of the number of coins bid. Or take a fraction of the money accrued playing and allow the bidder to remain with a portion of the coins bid! In real life auctions you don't lose your ability to bid on something else if you lose an auction. It would be nice to see some true real life management action.
    You can win competitions without buying tokens, is not something impossible.

In real life auctions you don't lose your ability to bid on something else if you lose an auction.
    In real life, you can lose your job if you miss some important transfers.

This is a game, not real life
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

In truth you would still be making money, since the person who wins the bid will lose his coins. And if someone pushes the bid the more money you would gather from the transaction. But if a player is in desperate need of say a DMC to spell his/her injured midfielder and loses all their coins attempting to get one AND loses the player as well just because someone else had more....then how does that encourage that player to continue wanting to play? He/she may become disillusioned and stop playing altogether. I've actually played stages where the managers were NEVER there for a game. And one or two of my friends have said this to me as well...they don't feel encouraged to play on when the bidding process is so one-sided. Maybe the loser could have a fraction of his coins returned. That way the game gets a second bite at getting that player to bid again, spreading out the income, instead of forcing players to hold back bidding at all!
    Last edited by Anamnesis; 01-15-2013 at 06:24 PM. Reason: wanted to expand on a point for clarification sake

That answer feels awfully one-sided. Because in real life you DON'T lose your job if another club is better financed than yours! You lose access to your target, but you don't lose your ability to pursue somebody else because you had entered the auction for that specific player! You are able to move on to another target that might serve you in good stead. Even at a lesser quality and cost. What the present system does is that it gives power ONLY to those with unlimited funding AND it hinders those with limited funding from progressing AT ALL!!! How is this fair? In a game OR in real life this sucks AWFULLY!!!! And stinks of unfairness! It Feels like dealing with Manchester United with their CEO on the FA board!!!!! LMAO!!!

I take this "game" quite seriously! And you probably get paid to take it seriously as well....so to some of us it is NOT just a game! I've learned one or two things about the management of the sport via your interface.

What I'm suggesting is continuity- Coins give us access to auctions. Money gives us access to targets. Charge us a fee to bid(Take it from our money balance). And once we enter an auction charge us a percentage of the coins bid if we lose the bidding war. But leave us with the ability to go back in for another try!
    Bid above 5 coins and lose the bid= sacrifice 2 coins!
    Bid 8 coins and lose= sacrifice 3 coins and have 5 returned(this system could be programmed along specific mathematical guidelines to make it smooth)
    Bid under 5 coins and have your 4 coins returned to you to get another shot at acquiring another player.
    (realistically the guy with unlimited coins could be made to REALLY pay if there are others also bidding for the same player)
    Also a "transfer window" could be implemented to compress the spending into a specific time frame. This might infact maximise your income over a shorter period. Instead of a trickle of real income you might see a tremendous increase in your financial traffic.
    I think it's worth a shot. I know I would feel even more attached to the game and others would be encouraged to become more involved!
    Last edited by Anamnesis; 01-15-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    Gurr likes this.

You mean players like me operating on a tight budget of 35 tokens per season, plus any extras I can get from videos? I'm level 15 now, I've been doing alright, worst finish has been 3rd place in the league, with reasons.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Gurr View Post
    How can they lose money? This project will probably end up like Xperteleven.com when the company got too greedy.
    Asking something a little off topic here, what do you think happened to X11? I play on that site, pretty active too, I'm a moderator and translator and everything, and I'm not aware of any such event.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

I take this "game" quite seriously! And you probably get paid to take it seriously as well....so to some of us it is NOT just a game! I've learned one or two things about the management of the sport via your interface.

What I'm suggesting is continuity- Coins give us access to auctions. Money gives us access to targets. Charge us a fee to bid(Take it from our money balance). And once we enter an auction charge us a percentage of the coins bid if we lose the bidding war. But leave us with the ability to go back in for another try!
    Bid above 5 coins and lose the bid= sacrifice 2 coins!
    Bid 8 coins and lose= sacrifice 3 coins and have 5 returned(this system could be programmed along specific mathematical guidelines to make it smooth)
    Bid under 5 coins and have your 4 coins returned to you to get another shot at acquiring another player.
    (realistically the guy with unlimited coins could be made to REALLY pay if there are others also bidding for the same player)
    Also a "transfer window" could be implemented to compress the spending into a specific time frame. This might infact maximise your income over a shorter period. Instead of a trickle of real income you might see a tremendous increase in your financial traffic.
    I think it's worth a shot. I know I would feel even more attached to the game and others would be encouraged to become more involved!
    I disagree with the transfer window part because that would make it even harder for us with few tokens. At the moment, some players are waiting until after the initial rush of activity on the first few days so that they can get players for less tokens.

Also, not sure where I stand on the issue of returning tokens, because those of us who don't buy tokens are still working on a lower budget. I'd still only go a few rounds on a player, and I think it would also encourage managers to spray bids on random players on auctions to see whether they can get players for 1 token which would also make it harder for those of us with less tokens.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

Banned
    Why don't you guys take the game as is?
    Because of some stupid bidders that have too much EGO to lose a bid and don't stop until they spend 120 tokens - you all want to change the game. Take the energy you use in writhing these stupid comments and USE your brains and buy 2 Scout Players and one on the market with the other 20 tokens. On the scout list you have no competition and you know what you pay and what you get.
    This game can be improved but is never going to improve due to "your" comments and suggestions.
    Some of you wander why no one is reading your suggestions... well - that's why - because you keep requesting stupid things.

My idea would be to bid as you do to say 15 tokens limit and then say how many further tokens you would pay for a player (this would need to be programmed into the game)each player not knowing what the other would bid.
    Who ever bids the most wins so you can not lose more than the 15 tokens should you lose.
    The game benifits from the people who can offered the extra tokens while the most a losing bidder loses would be the 15 tokens.
    Players hopefully could still win by placing the odd token.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast