Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: There should be relegation of teams

Sorry for my bad english.. relegation is like demotion isnt?
    when a team is at the bottom of the table at the end of the league it should be degreded to a lower league. The player should gain a star them becouse they are better than the rival.. supposedly

i agree "TANKING" just isn't right.Its just not good sport, period.
    On the contrary if there was a team that fought hard and finished a close 8th and won the league next time

Managers invented "tanking" which ruins healthy competition, I am terrified in what will be invented if relegation ever implemented
    Cat Harrison and cookizzz like this.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

Famous
    To avoid the teams becoming too strong after relegation, the relegated teams should be discouraged to maintain too many high quality but expensive players signed at high level league. For example, prize money for league games of lower leagues should not be high enough to pay for many expensive players' salaries. When relegated teams cannot maintain financial breakeven, they will replace expensive high quality players with low quality ones.

Teams which tanks do not obtain season end league awards and price money of CL. Unless the manager invest with real money, these teams should not be rich. They should rely on league game prize money as major source of finance.

Rookie
    Why the hell does one have to gain and lose stars in the first place, go up and down levels....it's BS, does that happen in the real world....? The whole star/level thing is BS, it's only purpose is profit for nor-dues....If this game was run correctly then promotion/relegation is easy to have....Good players only last 3-4 seasons, if you're lucky....Is that realistic? In what world does a manager change most of his players every couple of seasons?
    Season 21
    League winners: Season 2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19
    League runner-up: Season 6,9,10,
    Season 13-5th!, 20-4th!
    Champions league: Season 3-3rd,4-3rd,12-1st,14-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd,17-1st,19-3rd,20-2nd
    Cup: Season 6-3rd,15-3rd,16-3rd

Quote Originally Posted by mojo121 View Post
    Why the hell does one have to gain and lose stars in the first place, go up and down levels....it's BS, does that happen in the real world....? The whole star/level thing is BS, it's only purpose is profit for nor-dues....If this game was run correctly then promotion/relegation is easy to have....Good players only last 3-4 seasons, if you're lucky....Is that realistic? In what world does a manager change most of his players every couple of seasons?
    If a team advances in a higher league and can afford it, it changes 1-2 players in order to be competetive in real world also.

PS. I am trying to understand what will be the remarkable beneffit that ingame managers will have with relegation to worth such an upset.
    PS 2. As season advances and not promoting: here is an adequate for a game relegation,
    season advances and promoting: you have to have a stronger team (more stars or stripes)for a stronger league.
    I dont see any harm.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

The quality of a team remains the same,while upgrading ( or downgrading if realized).
    Stars only measure the compatibility of team to level: if I upgrade,my new level will be more difficult and my team loses a star

Otherwise, if I downgrade,since my team quality is more compatible to a lower level,my team will gain a star. Nothing strange about this.

Indeed,since there are an infinity of levels to reach,and possible season tankings,
    I think there's no need to add relegations too,it should be a further waste of time only .

Besides,if you have more than 3 bot-robot or illegal teams in each league,you already know which teams will be relegated at the end of the season...

Ergo,cui prodest? (So,who is it useful for?)
    Last edited by Matteo de Clemente; 11-05-2014 at 09:09 AM.

I think it would work. And it actually give more importance to every game and keep things interesting throughout a league. But why think only in terms of player quality ? Why not add a financial cut as well ? That would prevent players from 'Tanking' ? Wouldn't it ?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567