Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Now I have to put something else in here.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 09-20-2014 at 09:21 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post

LOL checking

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    LOL checking
    Lol, you're too quick
    khris likes this.

\o/ Managed to avoid a lvl 11 Cup - only lvl 10 \o/

Just hand me the trophy now and let's cut out this playing matches nonsense.

(PS. Shed load of lvl 10s so it must've been close )
    khris and BeckStar like this.

Congrats Buffs
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Simohamed Si View Post
    Congrats Buffs
    Thanks And Good luck to Neoclust for the new Season.

So, it starts all over again...............

Cup: Since Nord FA have not agreed to just give the Cup to Buffs FC they had to play a match today.

The Buffs have been drilled for defensive counterattacking in the Cup as a persistent never-to-be-changed strategy and so lined up in an 'normal' no-counter 4-1-3N-2 against the opponents 4-WD. Of course, why not.

The Buffs controlled the match. However, Right Back Richard Gough got a 3 day injury after 21 mins. There were too many missed opportunities and for 75 minutes only Gemmill's goal separated the teams but finally Buffs scored from one of their 10 corners to give a little more realism to the scoreline.

Goals: Gemmill (27), Bremner (75).

Highlights: Buffs Mad ate 3 chocolate biscuits during the match.

NB: After the match DMC Alan Hutton was questioned by the Police on suspected kidnapping. Apparently he had left the ground with the opposition AMC still in his pocket.

Cup: Buffs FC successfully negotiate passage to the Qualifying rounds with a 5-3 away win (7-3 agg).

The Buffs set out in 4-1-3N-2 against the opposition 4-WD.

The home side opened the scoring in 14 minutes but the Buffs relpied quickly from a corner in 17 mins. Buffs took the lead in 33 mins but that was short-lived as the equaliser came on the 37th. As the match enterred the second half and since the opposition required 3 more goals Buffs Mad elected to switch to 4-5-1V. The wingers were on after 57 mins and the one on the left scored on 58 mins and again in 64 mins. Buffs Mad fiddled again asking his team to defend and counterattack for the last 20 mins. The home side had a flurry of attacks and McGregor made 2 saves before they pulled 1 back on the 82nd. So the switch back to Normal mentality was made and the clock ran down.

Goals:
    McCoist (17), Law (33), Baxter (59, 64)
    Garten (14), Hunt (37), Demuth (32)

Champions League: Buffs FC get off to good start with a home win.

The visitors shouted "Thou shall not pass!" as they set up in 3N-3W-2N-2. The Buffs went 4-5-1V.

The Buffs 'passed' - and ran out 4-0 winners. Buffs Mad had the side switch to ND for last 15 mins but it proved ineffective.

Goals: Gemmell, DC/DR (19), Johnstone (AMR/AMC (34), Baxter, AML/ML (42), Law, ST (61).

Highlights: Midfield enforcer Billy Bremner picked up his second booking in 2 games and was subbed at half time for shrinking violet Graeme Souness.

League: Buffs FC are left rudderless but Buffs Mad's assistant Otto Teem steps in a steers the side to a 4-1 win.

The Buffs played ND v the opposition 4-4-2.

Goals:
    Bremner, MC (5), McCoist, ST (32), Law, ST (55), Gemmill, MC (87).
    Gonzalez, ST (65)

In the next league match the Buffs once more meet friendly rivals Fenerbahce. Let's hope its another stoater.

Great team you have there......I've been following your thread for ages......and I'm learning a lot....keep it up♡♡♡♡♥♥♥♥★★★☆☆
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Squad Update

League

Champions League

Cup

Eliminated by PKs again.

I often take a peak at players I've sold but Wolfie has inspired me to actually post how they've performed.

Kenny Dalglish was sold after half-way point this season. He was a reliable reserve who seemed to excel in the CL.

He's now Totti - fair trade of Legendary names I think.

9 games, 8 goals, 3 Assists and 3 MoM - not bad.

Alan McGregor was a reliable GK. I'm not 100% sure why I sold him, might have been injury prompted me to take action re: lagging Q.

No meaningful stats but his ratings look OK.

Graeme Souness was a midfield hothead. He could be relied on to pop up with headed goals at corners but he was prone to 'meaty' challenges and cards. Occassionally he could be a liability but he was loved.

He looks to be performing slightly lower now on new team. His occasional lower ratings with the Buffs were blamed on his cards - looks like he doesn't have that excuse now but he's still popping up with occasional goals - 8 from 21. Maybe its just a Midfield Ratings issue.

Last edited by Buffs Mad; 10-31-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    BeckStar likes this.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast