Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Thank you.

League Draw Season 8.

Managed to keep 7 together from last 2 seasons which have produced last day and second last day winners.
    One guy kicked me as friend after draw so he's on a revenge mission, 2 of them still refuse to add me as friends, my long time rival has improved heavily after sneaking into 7th on last day. IF I win this again the league might break up because that'd be 3 seasons in which 6 good teams can't get league trophy

The Buffs are ranked 6th by Q.

GERRINTAEUM!
    We're nearly 6* team now, 2 rivals are 6*

Updates men ? ;D
    How r cup/CL going ? I could see that u'r going to win the league today aparentlly lost CL finals ? uhm

My team:http://www.topeleven.com/manager/p/B...AwNTYwNzM1MTQw
    Road to the Treble & How to win the Cup: http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...xt-season.html
    Top 10 Formations & Tactics Guide:http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...ics-guide.html
    Those guides are based on my personal experience and other managers suggestion/feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BeckStar View Post
    Updates men ? ;D
    How r cup/CL going ? I could see that u'r going to win the league today aparentlly lost CL finals ? uhm
    Lost Cup and CL in Semi Final. Still top in the league but its been a poor run-in for the end of the Season.

EDIT: League won
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 11-14-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: League

We thought there could've been a treble yell but alas only a measly 7th league title was added to the Trophy Room after failing in the SF of both CL and the Cup.

Last edited by Buffs Mad; 11-17-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    BeckStar and nikolgiorgos like this.

Season 9 was a wash-out - 4th in the league, 2nd in CL and 3rd in Cup. Rebuilding underway.

Season 10

The Buffs seem gifted at drawing competitive leagues but returned to form after extensive rebuilding.

If I thought previous leagues we're hell I was mistaken - I have just stared into the Abyss. O.o

My league has 4 Tankers and 3 heavy Mr Scout buyers - one guy bought 11 on first day.

I've bought 2 from Mr Scout yesterday but I'm wondering if I should've bothered. *shudders*

But at least I won 1st match before tomorrows game against Mr Scout's brother.

Good start to league but admittedly a few teams have had unexpected results.

There is an average Q comparison below but its not hugely useful - my average Q is 4Q lower than should be considered due to 2x1* and 1x2* Cup 'Ringers', and 3 other teams still have ringers too.

My one loss was against second when I put out 4-3N-3 to get him to change formation but didn't get back on to change mine and we got humped.

The effect of the 3x low Q players in a 14 man squad on Cup draw has been that for only the third time I have avoided a Cup 3 levels higher. My current Cup opponent is:

...and ofc I still have those ringers affecting my average Q.

CL Group is proceding as expected with no goals conceded so far.

PS. These Cup Ringers do feel like cheating but if I still fail I'll probably continue and try again next Season >.<

Events Catch Up

As well as the league mid-way point........

....Sunday was also marked by reserve GK David Harvey's 200th game for the Buffs. And he celebrated not only with a share of the plaudits in a fine win but also his 4th Man of the Match award in 12 games this season.

When asked about his peculiar nickname David 'The Judge' Harvey lamented over the amount of time he's spent on the bench....then kicked a bin and had a right good go at the reporter, just as he made his excuses and left.

Buffs FC finished with the League and Cup double.

We crashed out of the CL at Top 16 stage - couldn't believe it but there you go. >.<

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast