Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Buffs FC has been building gradually around a core of players from last season - GK Sub, 4xDC/x, 2xMC, 2xWingers and 2xST with the 3x1* Cup Ringers.

We've therefore added a GK from Scout list, and another DL/DC (Sub), 2xMC (1 Sub, 1 T11) and ST (sub) from open TM with an MC leaving. Now we'll look for youngsters to fill the roles of DR and gradually replace our subs, recruited this season, to prepare for T11 next Season.

Since the league draw we've recorded 2 league wins, with one to play tonight, as well as 2 CL victories and a nice 3-1 away win in the Cup against the top Q side.

We're still trying to get the right balance in Central Midfield but with 1x 7.5 performer we're hopeful it won't take to much Hokey-cokey on the TM to finish the job.

From last Season we've sort of based things around a 3N-5-2V and 3N-1-4-2 combo but will utilise 451V, 4141, 3412 and 4411 as necessary.

OMA Affiliate News

Dependiente have now been retarted as Lallans Stags and are currently rejecting the 5* 24Q grind for a more performance based approach. 4 starting squad players of varying Q have been earmarked for regular first team spots - and new recruits have joined in ST, MR, DC/DMC and MC slots - but ofc in typical style for the 'club' the DMC was crocked within 2 games and an MC is currently overperforming oop.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 02-12-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    Cat Harrison and khris like this.

This will probably be my last update for this acct once the verification process catches up with it.

Buffs FC won 4-0 away in the league to go 5pts clear at the top.

The 2 Mcs from last Season were starting slowly with 6s n occasional 7 so tried to get the new 'Sub' MCs working....doing not bad now.

If that changes, last seasons will be sold and we'll try to integrate new ones again.

My motto for MCs = Buy, try and sell/keep* - *delete as appropriate.

But importantly, Get Them Involved!

PS. I don't 'Invest' in MCs - I look for 1 Season Wonders
    khris likes this.

*Bugger*

Arena seating just swallowed my cash budget.

*gone FA hunting*

EDIT: Stupid Nordeus are obviously without a doubt 100% definitely tracking my cash flow - no young fast trainers in the afternoon until I have no money.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 02-16-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Looking at the Defence its expected that the GK, DR and 2 DCs will easily make 6* next Season so we recruited a fast training 18yo Nordgen DL to supplement the squad.

He's not max value or super-fast (probably falls short by 3-4m) but is close enough. We'll monitor his progress and only rename him once his future is assured - decent start

Ideally we'd like 2 new wingers and a striker to grow for next season - but if we can't get them in next 4 days then we'll wait and perhaps just look for 2 of those targets as 1 season subs.

PS. Left Winger Willie Henderson is on fire atm with 5x8 ratings in last few league matches - also 4x8s and a 7 in CL and 2x9, 2x8 and a 7 in Cup.

Cat, you owe me 1T

NordGen left back is now a naturalised Scot - Andy Robertson, formerly of Dundee United and now at Hull City.

I might swap DC/DMCs Hansen and McNeill around - McNeill might be a Sub DMC next season so I should test to see if Hansen can take over or stand-in when if we need to look for another.

Central Defensive stalwart Alan Hansen is trialled at DMC for 2 matches - 1 league and 1 CL - and passes with flying colours, rating 8 in both.

Now we are at the business end of the Season Buffs Mad's thoughts turns to next Seasons' Team.

The retention poilcy remains that 11 players will join the 3 stooges as next Season's starting line up.

Goal Keeper

The policy of signing a GK from the Scout Market every 3 or 4 Seasons will be maintained.

Defenders

The Defence has and will continue to be based on youth - both NordGen and others' Academy product. 3 players have made the cut so far with 1 possible spot up for grabs.

Central Midfielders

The Buffs have a revolving door policy for the midfield: perform and your in otherwise "there's the door". 2 players are usually carried over to fill the roles while the new Season hunt for 2 performers goes on. Performance is a selection criteria but more important is value - just in case there is an issue selling off midfilders at the Season's end.

Wingers

Unfortunately this is a no brainer - the 2 spots will be filled by the only current wingers despite Left Winger Davie Cooper not quite reaching the usual Buffs' standard.

Strikers

There are currently 2 Strikers in the squad and 1 has been a stand out - last Season's only Scout Market capture Denis Law. Whether the 2nd Striker gets one of the spare slots remains to be seen.

Possible Additional Candidates

With 2 spots to fill there are 3 main candidates. The decision seems to rest on formation decisions:

to continue this season's 3N-1- Defence would require a DC & a ST; or
    to increase flexibility in defence would require a DR and either a DMC or ST.

Although the Elephants in the Room are 1 spot gong to either the 1.5k wage back-up GK or the free Academy MC recruit.....or both or just keep the last 2 to sell.

On this retention issue Buffs Mad said "While DR Alan Hutton has not shone, given limited opportunity admittedly, he represents an investment that can't easily be ignored" (ie Scout Market purchse) "however, rejecting financial considerations and starting the season 3-5-2V/3-1-4-2 is a powerful 'performance' argument and one that seems more attractive than restricting things to 4-5-1V/4-1-4-1."

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Keep Billy!

Yes I owe you a T.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast