Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Apprentice
    Lol! "And my team beat my team in an awesome 2-0 win! My team fought well, but it was my team that came out on top". I can just see it now!
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Competition Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 Season 5
    League 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 3rd
    Champions League N/A Semi Finals 1st Round of 16 Final
    T11 Cup N/A Qualifiers Playoffs Semi Finals Last 16

Since I'm off out and probably won't make it back for the Buffs crunch ties against the league leaders and in the CL........good luck my little pixel pixies!

"Steady the Buffs!"

Title Challenge Ends

Buffs FC lose 3-2 at home to the leaders, ending any remaining (slim) hope of challenging for the title.

A game of 2 halves - u betcha. The first half passed without incident, no goals no cards no injuries. The second half exploded in the Buffs face. Hansen was red-carded on 46 minutes and the visitors scored from the penalty spot. In 62 mins it was 2-0 and 5 mins later it was 3. Goals from the Buffs' Baxter and Dalglish in 69 and 74 minutes respectively proved to be a false dawn as the visitors held on.

Buffs get back on track with a Champions League win

Buffs travelled to Brazil for the Champions League QF 1st leg on the back of a sore loss in the league.

There was, on paper, a large advantage to Buffs FC in quality terms. With the home manager having viewed Buffs games recently, they emerged in 4-3-3. Buffs switched things round opting for a 4-1-3W-2, with a little experimental shift to
    4-3W-3 for the last 20 or so minutes.

The following happened.

Training News Catch-up

Following a late training session yesterday - for the coaching staff to capture training data - 'The Goalie', Andy Goram achieved 6* recognition. In the post-match training session today, after making his 1st team debut, Michael Mols achieved 6* recognition too. (see below)

Squad

In a deviation from normal policy, which restricted squad members to weell kent Scottish player names, the club are proud to welcome Michael Mols.

Editor's Note: I've had a soft spot for Michael Mols since his arrival in Glasgow, for Rangers, where he made such a promising start in the league and CL. His career was cruelly hampered when landing awkwardly after a collision in a Champions League match. The team he played in boasted several key Dutch players, including van Bronkhurst, Numan, and Ronald de Boer.
    His name just popped into my head this morning and now he's in the team.

Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-22-2014 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added Goram & Mols Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Buffs FC lose 3-2 at home to the leaders, ending any remaining (slim) hope of challenging for the title.

A game of 2 halves - u betcha. The first half passed without incident, no goals no cards no injuries. The second half exploded in the Buffs face. Hansen was red-carded on 46 minutes and the visitors scored from the penalty spot. In 62 mins it was 2-0 and 5 mins later it was 3. Goals from the Buffs' Baxter and Dalglish in 69 and 74 minutes respectively proved to be a false dawn as the visitors held on.

That's awsome !
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vernersson View Post
    That's awsome !
    oh crap, i thought you won it my bad.
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vernersson View Post
    oh crap, i thought you won it my bad.
    hehe, although I couldn't watch the match, when I checked the fixture I thought that too.

Gives me a bit of a chance to experiment with formations in the league now.

Great thread about your team!
    I really enjoy reading it

Good luck for the rest of the season!!
    David Malone likes this.
    BLAUGRANA FC - The road to success...

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Thank you Mr Marco. I've liked popping onto yours too and I'll be back regularly. .

Buffs FC knew they were in for a tough battle today when the opposition lined up. They almost literally lined up from GK to our keeper with 3 DCs, DMC, 2Mcs, AMC and 2 ST.....with a single lone flanking MR on the right. Easy, right! Right? Well seems like there is a trade off from 80% posession and today that was a broken foot for Dalglish in the 3 min. Hmm, injuries in the first 5 mins, that NEVER happens. /sarcasm

So Buffs convert the penalty and with the refereee throwing cards around like confetti Buffs FC were 5 up after 39 mins. The TV commentator present today must've kicked the plug out the socket because the commentary stopped until the 75th minute when he announced goal for Tankers, goal for Buffs and Match Ended in quick succession.

Strange day.

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast