Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Training News Catch-up

Following a hard post-match training session both Graeme Souness (f. Javier Alconero) and Jim Baxter (f. Marc Kalkoul) achieved 6*. While Baxter slumped tired against the free-cick training wall (with a can of Super Lager and kebab), Souness said "Hopefully this means that our best years are still ahead of us and will be spent in a Buffs shirt".

Buffs Mad later added "See! You can polish a turd!"

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Training News Catch-up

Following a hard post-match training session both Graeme Souness (f. Javier Alconero) and Jim Baxter (f. Marc Kalkoul) achieved 6*. While Baxter slumped tired against the free-cick training wall (with a can of Super Lager and kebab), Souness said "Hopefully this means that our best years are still ahead of us and will be spent in a Buffs shirt".

Buffs Mad later added "See! You can polish a turd!"
    Less beer Buff. I know you are Scottish and all that ... but, less beer dude
    Buffs Mad likes this.
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Shock, Horror - is it safe to open my eyes yet?

League: Buffs FC crash to a 3-0 defeat at home in the league to drift further off the pace.

After 45 mins of nothingness the second half seemed to be sliding into stalemate too. Buffs Mad could not contemplate a home draw so looked to change things around with Centre Back McNeill to come off and striker Law to come on in a change to 3-5-2. But play continued before any change could be made and the visitors took the lead from a corner in 68 mins. Finally the ref allowed Law on, just in time for the opposition to make it 2-0 with a speculative shot, from what seemed like the next town, finding the net. 15 mins to pull back a 2 goal deficit? Well, that soon became 11 mins to pull back a 3 goal deficit with 10 men, when Mackay, faced with a breakaway, lunged into the tackle. He got the ball, then the player, and half the turf and almost the referee too. The last 10 minutes passed in slow motion, every mistake, every missed pass, every goal attempt that slipped away was another dagger to the heart of the Buffs.

5 pts off the leaders now who remain undefeated. But for the Buffs there is something more important than the title to claim....there's their dignity!

Are you 2nd in the league and trails by 5pts?

Nope.....3rd now >.<

Nope.....3rd now >.<

£5.80 pounds and you'll get 65 tokens. That would make you win your league. Your choise ^^ You score most goals of all teams. Fix 2-3 good defensive players and 1-2 good point players. And you win.

Thanks Tommy. But no need. The Board already set out their plans and CL qualification is the 'red line'.

I have tokens and if I wanted to I could buy 22 Scouts or power-train 22 Youngsters - but I don't want to.

While I would like to win the league, and I am slightly ahead of other 2 on quality to give it a chance......this game is a bit of fun, a distraction. Winning each game easily without the need to watch would not provide that. And when I make up a report after looking at the stats, I'd rather be able to put a bit of tension or humour in it than just list goals 1 - 9.

"Steady the Buffs!"

Thanks Tommy. But no need. The Board already set out their plans and CL qualification is the 'red line'.

I have tokens and if I wanted to I could buy 22 Scouts or power-train 22 Youngsters - but I don't want to.

While I would like to win the league, and I am slightly ahead of other 2 on quality to give it a chance......this game is a bit of fun, a distraction. Winning each game easily without the need to watch would not provide that. And when I make up a report after looking at the stats, I'd rather be able to put a bit of tension or humour in it than just list goals 1 - 9.

"Steady the Buffs!"
    I don't buy finished scouts, and I don't power train players (I dont even know what power train is) I train my players once per day + two games. That's what it takes. But I like your style You have the funniest match-reports!

The slight stutter in form on the pitch has not swayed the Board from plotting a firm course into Season 3 and pressing ahead with infrastructure development.

Now that the restaurant is fully equipped, with Balsamic Vinegar for the chips and umbrellas for the Irn Bru, stadium expansion has begun.

Buffs FC started the second leg of the Champions League knockout round at home with the shadow of recent poor results hanging over them. Things did not start well with the visitors pummeling the Buffs end with chance after chance from their amazing 30% possession. In that first 15 mins McNeill made 3 dast ditch tackles, McGrain cleared the lines twice and even Dalglish was back providing a clearing header from a corner. The stats might tell a different story but it had been one way traffic. Things settled down a bit for the Buffs and the focus shifted up the other end but a goal eluded the Buffs. Double corners, free kicks and crosses peppered the visitors goal and Baxter blasted over from short range, but no goal came.

As the half drew to a close the visitors broke upfield and only the fast reactions of 'The Goalie' denied the visitors. As the seconds ticked down a long clearance by McGrain found Dalglish, who held it up and spun his marker. But a last ditch tackle drove the ball out for a corner. Just time enough for McNeill to swing over the ball onto the head of Dalglish who buried it. The cheers had hardly even started when the half-time whistle blew.

Two chances in quick succession for the visitors were blocked as the Buffs defence stood firm. The game then got bogged down in the middle with through balls from both sides cleared by either defence. Something special was needed - someone called Baxter. Retreating deep, Baxter picked up a loose ball and ran with it. He ran and ran for what seemed like an eternity and, as the defence tried to marshal him outside, he cut in and unleashed a shot that struck the defender. But.......it popped up, he pulled it down and unleashed a pile-driver that almost burst the top corner of the net. Buffs had a cushion! Alas! there was no time to think ahead. At the restart Buffs seemed to go to sleep - perhaps thinking 2-0 was enough. A shot from range spun off Gemmel for a corner. As the cross came in the attacker stooped and delivered a glancing header to the back post and it trickled in off. 2-1. Then piledriver from the visitors sent shivers around the ground. Not again! But the shot clipped the bar.

Buffs picked up the pace again and a threaded cross field pass from Gemmel was driven by Baxter but it whistled past the post. Johnstone curled from range but the defence only half cleared it. The miscued attempt spun off a defender and dropped to Baxter - he skipped past one, beat another and as the keeper rushed out he slipped it neatly towards Dalglish and the least defender. But the onrushing McNeill got there first just as he looked to shoot the defender slid in. But McNeil chipped it over and Dalglish lept and volleyed it home.

3-1 and 5 mins left on the clock. We've seen Buffs contrive to throw away a few leads lately but surely they would see this out. And they did, a drive from Johnstone was tipped over, a header from Souness slipped wide and a volley from Bremner whistled over. But at least the ball remained down the right end. At last the whistle came.

Buffs FC march on. "Steady the Buffs!"

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast