Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Apprentice
    An updated League table? Agree with mr Marco, it's fun to read a "blog" if you will from another football fan btw, why no Alan Mlcleish? LEGEND.
    Competition Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 Season 4 Season 5
    League 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 3rd
    Champions League N/A Semi Finals 1st Round of 16 Final
    T11 Cup N/A Qualifiers Playoffs Semi Finals Last 16

Training News

In a post match training session Alan Hansen attained 6* recognition. Hansen, 22, and one of the original Buffs defensive line, has played 30 matches already this season and it would've been higher if it wasn't for the serious injury he picked early on this season.

While the hard training sessions have benefited some, reserve goalkeeper Campbell was not one of them after breaking down in training. Fortunately the medics have assessed it and do not expect the Grade 1 Hamstring Strain to keep him out for long.

With 2 out injured, 2 suspended in the league, 3 more on bookings and only a 17 man squad Buffs Mad was asked if he would be recruiting cover.

"Well, with an 8 goal lead in the CL and us out of the running in the league I think we'll take our chances," before adding "but perhaps I better bring along my boots and gloves just in case."

Previously we shone the spotlight on Celtic Rangers' triumph in the Cup QF. Today we look at the reason behind Celtic Rangers' consistency, so far.

An exit in the 1st knockout round of the CL has left Celtic Rangers fighting for the double. Bringing home any trophy will still be a challenge given a lack of resounrces but the one thing we know is CR will fight.

Season to date:

At the end of Season 1 the playing staff was cut back to fund an early acquisition in Season 2 - with a striker identified as a priority. The only other new recruit to CR was to provide cover in midfield for injuries. (Regrettably he has had 2 injuries since joining the club.)

Celtic Rangers' are almost totally reliant on 2 players: ever-present DC Alan Higgins and the Season 2 acquired ST Sosha Ebrahimpour. At first there was some friction between the 2 with new boy Ebrahimpour stealing the spotlight and the Champagne (after a run of successive MoMs). But a mutual respect for each others performance has seen a more harmonious relationship develop.

Having lost a tight encounter in the league to their main rivals towards mid-season, Celtic Rangers hold a slender 3 pt lead as well as a 13 goal advantage. However the current suspension of Higgins and the 4 players under treatment will test their mettle. The forthcoming Cup Semi will see CR at a slight Quality disadvantage (2pts) but hopes remain high if the can field a healthy team with sufficient cover.

The second leg of the Champions League Quarter Final looked to be a formality. But with Buffs FC maintaining a small squad with 2 League suspensions outstanding, 2 injured and several yellows in the team - the real test was to manage the situation.

Buffs Mad opted for a flat 4-4-2 to try to just get through the tie with no drama. A Bremner header from a Dave Mackay free-kick in the opening 10 mins put the Buffs ahead. Valiant defending by the visitors kept the deficit to 1 throughout the rest of the half. At half-time Buffs rested a central midfielder and MR, switching to a hex as the only replacement for the later was an AMR. Goals in the 56th and 83rd minutes gave Johnstone a double. An 11-0 aggregate victory does however mask the fine defensive qualities exhibited by the visitors and the breakaway threat.

Buffs now must move onto league business with only 2 subs on the bench - carrying 2 injuries and 2 1 match suspensions - unless it is decided that intensive treatment is required to aid the injured's recoveries.

Match Stats

I cross my fingers that you bring home the Cup That would be something!
    From what I've seen, the league is more or less over for you? But you had a 1-1 draw in the Cup semi 1st leg and are in CL semi?
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vernersson View Post
    I cross my fingers that you bring home the Cup That would be something!
    From what I've seen, the league is more or less over for you? But you had a 1-1 draw in the Cup semi 1st leg and are in CL semi?
    Yeah, other team (Celtic Rangers) drew in the Cup. Buffs CL Semi 1st leg is tomorrow.

Its not about winning just now tho - just need to keep progressing a couple of levels and adding to the squad. I did come back in the league to within 2 pts but had already started experimenting and cut back the squad before losing today - those above will lose more games because there are 4 good quality sides at the top and 2 others that keep punishing a front-runner now and then. But I'm already looking to next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Yeah, other team (Celtic Rangers) drew in the Cup. Buffs CL Semi 1st leg is tomorrow.

Its not about winning just now tho - just need to keep progressing a couple of levels and adding to the squad. I did come back in the league to within 2 pts but had already started experimenting and cut back the squad before losing today - those above will lose more games because there are 4 good quality sides at the top and 2 others that keep punishing a front-runner now and then. But I'm already looking to next season.
    Yea I am just stupid. I haven't noticed that you got 2 teams until now. Buffs FC and Celtic Rangers are 2 different teams. Sometimes I have bad luck when I'm thinking ^^

Yea I am just stupid. I haven't noticed that you got 2 teams until now. Buffs FC and Celtic Rangers are 2 different teams. Sometimes I have bad luck when I'm thinking ^^
    Don't worry about it - sometimes when I type a result I type the wrong name.
    (I've actually got 3 teams >.< , both Celtic Rangers FC and Shangalang FC are top of their leagues but both are running out of kits as they are 35T teams.)

There are probably 2 main things I've learned from this season with Buffs FC.
    1. When things are competitive, you really do need Squad rotation; and
    2. When you hit the front, don't start fiddling around(/changing things) trying to protect a lead, stick to what got you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Don't worry about it - sometimes when I type a result I type the wrong name.
    (I've actually got 3 teams >.< , both Celtic Rangers FC and Shangalang FC are top of their leagues but both are running out of kits as they are 35T teams.)

There are probably 2 main things I've learned from this season with Buffs FC.
    1. When things are competitive, you really do need Squad rotation; and
    2. When you hit the front, don't start fiddling around(/changing things) trying to protect a lead, stick to what got you there.
    What server is Shangalang FC on? Because i think i've seen it.

What server is Shangalang FC on? Because i think i've seen it.
    112, managed by Malcolm Smith, which is me.

EDIT: wait, that can't be right.....need to check again. >.<
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 05-25-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast