Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree296Likes

Thread: Buffs FC (Scottish Team) - server 112

Its been decided that Billy McNeill, DC/DMC and whichever of the other 2 doesn't sell will join the aforementioned 9 players and 3 Stooges for next Season.

3 Stooges

keyword = consistency

On Day 25 the Buffs finally cross the line to win the league.

Yesterday saw the Buffs win through to the Cup Final. Their opponents have the stars for it but do they have the guts?

Passage to the CL Showpiece is also secured where they will meet the Shocktroops of this Season's competition.

Gerrintaeum!

Season 12 Summary

2 losses in League

0 losses in CL

1 loss in Cup

End of Season Awards

Player of the Season goes to Denis Law: 51 matches, 49 goals, 24 assists, 11 MoM and average league rating over 8.
    DC/DMC Alan Hansen gets the Supporters' Club Player of the Season award.

Discipline

Buffs Mad is not happy this season with the disciplinary record. The whole squad only achieved 17 bookings - they obviously are not trying hard enough.

Squad Rotation?

The Buffs do not understand this concept. >.< 9 players played 46 or more matches this Season.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 03-07-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Congrats my friend, good work!!

Thanks Marwan. League was a bit too easy this Season even with the surprising losses. I think I'll go back to trying to get more competitive leagues - random no-friends leagues are just a bit too err random. XD

--------------------------------

Season 13 - Day 1

Not really much to update on Squad front. Only carried over 14 players including the 3 Stooges and TM wasn't up to much so I've only added the first ST and MC I saw to allow me to cover for injuries. Wanted to play new ST in a friendly but no left winger so last Season's main Striker got the wide role ---- and he scored 6, made 1 assist and grabbed the MoM Bubbly with a 9.

New MC has rated 6 twice - 3 strikes and he's out. >.<

Cup Draw: last Season even though we were in a level 14 Cup (2 higher) it said level 16. This Season 1 really poor lvl 16 team scraped into the draw - not really that many lvl 15 teams so we must be getting close to getting a 1 level above Cup (barring trash getting in ). We drew a same level active manager's team in the Preliminaries and he put up a good fight but we won 3-1 in the end.

Champions' League Draw: looks a bit trashy atm but its early days; lets see how things change from Day 3.

I expect that we'll avoid the bad luck of last Season in the Cup when we lost to a returning 2 lvl up Manager who woke up his 3* team with a splurge on 5* players.

If League draw includes some friends we've re-added then this Season's Treble Chance might just rest on the League.

S13 Transfer activity

Buffs' new MC rates 6 for the third game in a row so is sold.

In comes a new signing.

Update: The new MC below has performed reasonably with straight 7s on left and 6 on right and now holds down a starting slot (left). He's been renamed Dave Mackay.

If he can't defend he better learn quick. #don'tbeinarushtounpack

Edit: He's performed well in friendlies with 2x8 but we'll see what he's like when the real action gets underway.

Here's the ST I bought yesterday - he's performing well so far.

Update: He's performed OK'ish with 5 goals from 10 appearances but scoring has been a team issue so he's a sub. Two new STs bought.

Bought another ST from TM - not sure why as I was supposed to be looking for a left winger. He'll be tested in the CL tomorrow and will take CKs - if he doesn't perform straight away as sole ST and CK taker he'll be straight back on the market.

Update: the guy below didn't perform. 2 goals and 6 assists just wasn't good enough. He was sold along with the Player of the Year from last Season - no sentiment here.

But hopefully I'll at least get a 2nd ST out of those 2 with one back-up.

So now the second ST from last Season is up for Auction after 133 matches and a strike rate of a goal every other game.

Billy McNeill, DC/DMC carried over from last season, now 23 but with the Club since he was 18 yo, has not started well. He's played around 170 matches but his jacket's on a shoogly peg.

Update
    : McNeill was not just sold, he took the lonk walk off a short pier.

I need 2 young fast training defenders DC/x that perform, now, to start the evolution of the defence for next Season.

Capturing an AML/ML is critical - a 1 season wonder will do

EDIT: Having fallen asleep again at NordGen time this morning we decided to take a rather desperate punt on an oldie for tonights league start.

At least it means we won't have to play a ST in ML role >.<

Update: Winger below has performed reasonably with 7 goals from 10 matches rating 7s and 8s behind a poorly performing Strike-force and now holds down the starting left winger slot when used.

Last Season's 2nd Striker was bought by one of our league rivals - hope he doesn't come back to haunt us. (But it will be easier to track his progress )
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 03-18-2015 at 12:32 PM.

With time constraints hampering transfer activity Buffs Mad dipped into the Scout Market and bought 2 STs.

Its unlikely we'll get any Nordgen defenders so we shared almost 60 saved Rests between 2 x 22yo defenders (DL/DC & DC/DMC) and both should reach 7* in week 3 at latest. (This will mean I can carry them over for start of next season and then hunt for replacements.....provided their performance remains acceptable.)

2x5* MCs from last Season have performed OK and shared the MC slot on the right. 1 is getting close to next star and will be sold soon - we'll buy n sell to find a cheap '1 season' replacement as it looks like we'll only carry over 1 MC to next season.

Recruitment Summary

At the moment it looks like we have only 7 players suitable to stay for next season but they should be enough to see out this season.....+ Larry, Curly and Moe ofc. So if we can get a late night/early morning or 2 and get lucky then there's space for 4 fast trainers IF we can get them by this weekend.

Financial Summary

There has been no seating upgrading to the stadium - it'll be 3 or 4 days before we break even for the season. There is 100m+ potential in 2 average MCs but a single '1 season' replacements would eat 1/3 that once found.

This dearth of FAs when I'm looking is hampering the Buffs getting closer to that final Stadium Upgrade (+seating thereafter).

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    With time constraints hampering transfer activity Buffs Mad dipped into the Scout Market and bought 2 STs.

Its unlikely we'll get any Nordgen defenders so we shared almost 60 saved Rests between 2 x 22yo defenders (DL/DC & DC/DMC) and both should reach 7* in week 3 at latest. (This will mean I can carry them over for start of next season and then hunt for replacements.....provided their performance remains acceptable.)

2x5* MCs from last Season have performed OK and shared the MC slot on the right. 1 is getting close to next star and will be sold soon - we'll buy n sell to find a cheap '1 season' replacement as it looks like we'll only carry over 1 MC to next season.

Recruitment Summary

At the moment it looks like we have only 7 players suitable to stay for next season but they should be enough to see out this season.....+ Larry, Curly and Moe ofc. So if we can get a late night/early morning or 2 and get lucky then there's space for 4 fast trainers IF we can get them by this weekend.

Financial Summary

There has been no seating upgrading to the stadium - it'll be 3 or 4 days before we break even for the season. There is 100m+ potential in 2 average MCs but a single '1 season' replacements would eat 1/3 that once found.

This dearth of FAs when I'm looking is hampering the Buffs getting closer to that final Stadium Upgrade (+seating thereafter).
    Note to self: update Season Success in sig, soon.

Note 2 to self: be careful to choose Edit/Save next time instead of replying to self.

Buffs Mad relaxes after a convincing CL win to call around for news on how former players are doing.

Player of the Season last year, Denis Law, has yet to make any impact for his new club with 2 x 7 ratings and no goals or assists;

Shot-shy striker, Alessio Teodorani, has continued firing blanks with a 5 rating in his only outing; but

DC/DMC Billy McNeill has hit the ground running. In his 8 matches for his new team ratings have included a 9, 5x8s and 2x7s as well as 2 MoM awards.

Here's me moaning about lack of FAs and up they pop - and I get 3 including a 44m one for 1T with multiple bidders already - hope the testosterone flows for a full-blown war >.< (But I'll be happy with 45m )

So I just clicked on Small Seating Upgrade in anticipation. At last.

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast