Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Red Stars Munich

Turning our attention back to the league, we got a 1:0 win today against a bottom-tier side. Most starters were rested after a Champions League match and the opponent has a lot of close results.

In the end, though, Kalju Saar scored another goal from the left wing and keeper Milan Nedved had a good match.

Red Stars Munich-league.jpg

In addition, Oskar Müller just became a scout:

Red Stars Munich-muller.jpg
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

Today's league game was one of those when the underdog goes toe to toe to equalize twice.

An attacking mindset and midfield sub however took care of business, for a 5:2 final result. Becker scored on a free kick and provided an assist. Forsberg and Petermann did everything else.

Red Stars Munich-league2.jpg

The Red Stars Munich won their first Champions League semi-final game in club history, but it was a stormy affair.

Bašić, Forsberg, Franken and Becker all scored. Forsberg destroyed the lone centre-back in a wide back three, the guy ending with a 4.4 rating.

However, the opponent scored three goals from unlikely positions when you look at the commentary, always fighting back when I was forging a two-goal lead. Was this game programmed to be a close one?

In addition, midfield star Petermann picked up a four-day injury, forcing me to spend red packs to keep the key player healthy.

In any case, allowing three away goals in a CL semi in your own stadium is a dangerous thing. There is no room for a mistake in the return leg. Methinks I will field my less experienced, but more talented keeper.

Red Stars Munich-clsmi.jpg

The league game was target practice, a 7:1 win, including three goals from Schouten, against the team that started the season on top but fell apart afterwards.
    Last edited by mmunger; 09-14-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Red Stars Munich

My team qualified for the Champions League final for the first time. An away 1:1 draw was enough after a 4:3 result in the first leg.

The boys will face a "Barca" team in the final in a day.

Also, it was young keeper Milan Nedved's turn to become a scout, the fourth in the squad. He did well in a big game, to cement his spot as future no. 1.

The Red Stars Munich win their second league title in a row after a draw against the biggest league opponent.

A safe enough lead after a long marathon. One more game to go to stay unbeaten.

However, it was a fishy result. The boys went up 4:2 in the 74th minute and T11 insisted to make this a draw with goals in the 78th and 88th.

Big day for the Red Stars Munich. After clinching the league on points, they complete a double by winning the Champions League

In the CL final, they faced the best team ever met. Yet, they dominated the game throughout. The two guys who combined for so many goals this season did so once again, this time on a corner. Petermann sends it high in the box and Forsberg drives the header in for the winner.

All I had to do was to make a couple of late changes in the central defence to avoid a last-minute equalizer.

Red Stars Munich-clfinal.jpg

Red Stars Munich-clfinal2.jpg

No surprise in the ratings: Petermann, the best player on the team, is the man of the match.

Red Stars Munich-ratings.jpg

Well done, boys.

Red Stars Munich-clfinal3.jpg
    Last edited by mmunger; 09-19-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Red Stars Munich-sarovic.jpg

Farewell, captain! With squad planning under way for the next season, left-back Miljan Sarovic leaves the club as he is set to turn 28 soon.

Sarovic just led the team to a double (league and Champions League) but his training speed won't allow him to keep performing and recapture the fourth star.

I renamed the stadium Miljan-Sarovic-Stadion and midfield boss Michel Petermann takes over captaincy.

It is so ridiculous and unrealistic to have to unload performers at such a young age. Typical T11 that designed a set of rules to force people to make regular transfers and spend tokens.
    BeckStar likes this.

Season 7 is starting after a League-Champions League double and the squad looks exactly like what I wanted when I planned it last season. Everybody fits within the starting lineup and bench.

Red Stars Munich-squad.jpg

Milan Nedved, who won big matches such as the CL final last season, is the new designated starting GK.

Oleg Kamiński
    is the new starting DL, replacing Sarovic, and he can play DC.

I have yet to decide what to do at ML, with Karlju Saar who played a key role in big games last season and youngster Jørgen Eriksen showing his worth whenever played. The latter can also play MC, so rotation is in order.

Other starting positions should be filled by the same players, who are young, with high quality and versatility for position swaps.

The bench finally looks like what it should be, with young and proven performers. Almost all outfield players can play two positions, meaning that the 7 players can cover any substitution. No position is left behind in the reserves.

Late last season, we recruited a new backup keeper, Severin Steinmann. A fast trainer whose skill level is close to the starter.

This means that long-time keeper Jan-Eric Rehmann is gone after 5 seasons. He couldn't perform in the big games last season and at 26, there is no way to make him catch up with the rest of the team. Another ridiculous example of unrealistic T11 dynamics.

Red Stars Munich-rehmann.jpg
    Last edited by mmunger; 09-20-2015 at 09:48 AM.

No hangover for the Red Stars after winning a double last season. They have scored 29 goals and conceded only 3 since the beginning of the season, obviously taking advantage of an abandoned Cup opponent in the first two games.

Otherwise, the team was convincing even against quality teams, not conceding more than one goal per game.

Red Stars Munich-start.jpg

The usual suspects (Forsberg, Franken and Petermann) have played well. A pleasant surprise is Oleg Kamiński, who inherited the left-back position. He scores on direct free kicks, with a conversion rate I did not expect.

Red Stars Munich-stats.jpg

Two difficult opponents, two 1:0 wins.

First, in the league, the partners in crime combined as they always do. Petermann assisted Forsberg on the lone goal of the game. I couldn't watch the match, but given the even stats, it was surely close.

I know for sure that the Champions League game was a close one, though. An early header by Franken on a corner taken by Petermann gave the team all three points, but the scorer then suffered an injury, forcing me to reshuffle the lineup with defence in mind. It worked.

Red Stars Munich-cl.jpg

With those results, the team is on top of the league and its Champions League group thanks to the goal differentials.

Red Stars Munich-leagueranks.jpg

Red Stars Munich-clranks.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast