Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Toxcatl

Apprentice
    cheers mate, will do.
    eventually. we'll see.
    why I chose counter attack this time is thinking like "ok, maybe if i add him AMC while he is still young those grays will be perfect." have yet to think it trough.
    but please continue with your reports, sorry about this digression.

Quote Originally Posted by sasha m View Post
    but please continue with your reports, sorry about this digression.
    There is nothing to be sorry about, please, do it more often =D
    If I sound harsh sometimes that's just because I'm a Russian. "The **** you say in battle rap, we say in actual life" (c) Oxxxy =]
    It wasn't our day.

Kto
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    If I sound harsh sometimes that's just because I'm a Russian
    Yes, we have hard times growing up surrounded by snow and bears ^^
    Toxcatl likes this.

Apprentice
    omg, no.
    it's not like that, and I even don't know what are you talking about. what I meant is I love this thread you started. unlike other showcases that focus on team's success this one is about building a team... and I love your philosophy ☺

so please continue (shutting up now)

ps: @kto: good one 😂

I do not train all the white skills, I believe it's a mistake.
    I changed my mind =]
    Now I train all the white skills for a single position equally. I also try to reduce the number of multi-positioned players, and the rest should have similar positions, like DC + DMC.
    It wasn't our day.

What changed your mind?
    I’m happy with the results so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Petje View Post
    What changed your mind?
    I’m happy with the results so far.
    I was happy with the results too, but wanted to try different approach and compare them. I am writing down ratings of my players in FA matches. Old guard had ratings approximately 0.2-0.5 lower than fresh meat with whites trained equally (same positions compared). Not a big difference for 16 games though, could be just random fluctuation. I will continue to track ratings.

"Equally" means I use only clean drills, I train only main position even if player has several positions, and I don't train "leftover" skills -- never gray skills.
    It wasn't our day.

I don't have actual stats but some observations:
    - For the first time a ST which is able to keep up with my AM's as far as scoring is concerned.
    This season with a second ST, trained in the same way, it results again in a lot of goals.
    - My feeling (no stats) is that my defenders get better rates than before.
    - Already noticed, because before I already focused on physical and mental skills for daily training, is that I win most tough or potential troll matches in the second half of the game.

I will continue to experiment with your "MiniMax" method for at least another season, with a few adjustments. Maybe balanced skills are better, but I strongly believe there is are certain skills which should be given priority.

This season we are back in plat division and I want to see what will happen against serious opposition. Good idea to track stats for asso games. It's only 16 games and most are good matches to put it to a test.

You can't get the whole picture without gathering statistics. I often thought "that guy is good, this guy is bad", but the records tell different story. Feelings lie -- we see what we want and expect to see, but records are reliable.
    It wasn't our day.

Apprentice

"Equally" means I use only clean drills, I train only main position even if player has several positions, and I don't train "leftover" skills -- never gray skills.
    hi tox, this question is haunting me few days now: how to train all white skills (and only them) for some single positions - like ML/R let's say, theres no drill to train his crossing without training some grays... what's your solution?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast