Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Season 5 Level 5 End Season Summary

League

It was one of those seasons where i felt i was in control from the start. Early matchups between the top 3 teams gave me wins over both competitors. They also lost points playing each other and got trolled after which i felt they gave up entirely.

Attachment 131995

Cup

Toughest competition this season. I had opponent after opponent who were mostly 5 stars. I usually do not powertrain my players at the start of the season but i was forced to this season because the cup was tough even at initial stages. While i did face some 4 star teams, these teams had high whites well over 100 and had beaten other 5 star teams. Not surprising that i had my only 2 draws this season in this competition.

Attachment 131996

CL

It could have been much tougher. I watched my best competitors getting trolled and eliminated. This left me facing 4 star teams throughout the competition and even in the finals. Easily one of the easiest CL competitions i ever had.

Attachment 131997

Super Cup

The competitor was high in quality but inactive. I think his 5 star quality was what won him the Super League. While i was worried prior to our match, it was a one sided affair once the game started. It looked like his team wasn’t trained judging by the possession i had taking into account his quality.

Attachment 131998

Record

My record keeps getting worse with every season since i started manipulating. Level 3 i had a 51 win season, level 4 with 50 wins and level 5 with 49 wins. While the YA did affect my draw a little as i only kept 1 youth, i already power trained my team to make up the difference in quality. My best 11 quality was at 116 plus today before selling my players which is a record for my team.

Nonetheless i am satisfied i won the quadruple and will do my best to keep it going. It should be easier going forward as i have saved a good amount of tokens and greens. Reds being the only resource that leaves me feeling a little insecure but i still refuse to waste my videos on them.

Attachment 131999
    Congrats for your top season mate
    templealumni23 and Sillybq like this.

Season 6 Level 6 Mid Season Update

Will keep my update short and sweet as the numbers speak for themselves. 2 draws and a loss is already more than my previous 3 seasons combined and I expect it to get much worse as we go into the final stages of all competitions. Having my undefeated streak abruptly end against a 2 star team is probably an excellent indicator of my season so far which has been filled with much anger, fear and disappointment.

My first team faces scoring issues. I have had many slim victories and it mostly affects my main team. My B team have performed far better this season, scoring as many goals in fewer matches despite playing similar low quality opponents. It is really surprising considering the quality difference.

While i am still hopeful that i might be able to win it all. I have to face the fact that my team isn’t on form and the troll seems to have its eyes set on me. I will be powertraining my team 1 more time once i commence my second entry in the event but i doubt it will make any difference as every failure to win this season has been against very mediocre teams. If a 60 to 70 quality difference can’t get me a win, i doubt a 70-80 quality gap will make much of a difference.

Good luck to all reading.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-ed20ded4-c4ba-423a-bf06-da7158dd4ea4.jpg

League

My only league competitor only bought players today after losing our head to head battle. He jumped from 60 plus percent to 80 plus percent but is probably too late to play catch up.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-c9e15035-2036-4a3d-8e01-4ef92a1ad0a4.jpg

Cup

Facing an 80 plus quality in Semis and 90 plus quality in finals. Not going to be easy.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-8782c983-6aa5-4f79-a5b8-a2badc5e4d32.jpg

CL

Not sure what to make of this competition. No one looks like a contender but i have lost and drawn a match against 2 star teams so anything can happen. Strongest opponent is around 74 percent at the moment and is likely to meet me in the finals if i get there.

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player-88d1040b-06f2-4381-be63-8cd68bac0697.jpg

Max

FC Silly - My Experiments, Experiences and Accomplishments as a Non Token Player

Season 6 Level 6 Mid Season Update

Will keep my update short and sweet as the numbers speak for themselves. 2 draws and a loss is already more than my previous 3 seasons combined and I expect it to get much worse as we go into the final stages of all competitions. Having my undefeated streak abruptly end against a 2 star team is probably an excellent indicator of my season so far which has been filled with much anger, fear and disappointment.

My first team faces scoring issues. I have had many slim victories and it mostly affects my main team. My B team have performed far better this season, scoring as many goals in fewer matches despite playing similar low quality opponents. It is really surprising considering the quality difference.

While i am still hopeful that i might be able to win it all. I have to face the facts that my team isn’t on form and the troll seems to have its eyes set on me. I will be powertraining my team 1 more time once i commence my second entry in the event but i doubt it will make any difference as every failure to win this season has been against very mediocre teams. If a 60 to 70 quality difference can’t get me a win, i doubt a 70-80 quality gap will make much of a difference.

Good luck to all reading.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ED20DED4-C4BA-423A-BF06-DA7158DD4EA4.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	132131

League

My only league competitor only bought players today after losing our head to head battle. He jumped from 60 plus percent to 80 plus percent but is probably too late to play catch up.

Name:	C9E15035-2036-4A3D-8E01-4EF92A1AD0A4.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	132132

Cup

Facing an 80 plus quality in Semis and 90 plus quality in finals. Not going to be easy.

Name:	8782C983-6AA5-4F79-A5B8-A2BADC5E4D32.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	132133

CL

Not sure what to make of this competition. No one looks like a contender but i have lost and drawn a match against 2 star teams so anything can happen. Strongest opponent is around 74 percent at the moment and is likely to meet me in the finals if i get there.

Name:	88D1040B-06F2-4381-BE63-8CD68BAC0697.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	132134
    Hopefully you come away with all 4 trophies but you have dropped more points in this season than in all of your last 3 seasons combined as you said, 89% wins is good, if you can keep your win percentage to that level, just know that is a great job as not many managers get 85% and over, I won 85%, you still have 96%, as long as you get the clean sweep of trophies, it’s fine.

120 goals in my eyes is really good, maybe not for you but for me, that is great, that is over 4 goals a game, which is above my all time average of 3.4.

To me, that is a great season but once again, we all have different viewpoints.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.
    Last edited by Max; 02-16-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Hopefully you come away with all 4 trophies but you have dropped more points in this season than in all of your last 3 seasons combined as you said, 89% wins is good, if you can keep your win percentage to that level, just know that is a great job as not many managers get 85% and over, I won 85%, you still have 96%, as long as you get the clean sweep of trophies, it’s fine.

120 goals in my eyes is really good, maybe not for you but for me, that is great, that is over 4 goals a game, which is above my all time average of 3.4.

To me, that is a great season but once again, we all have different viewpoints.

You are right Max. In the end, its all about the quadruple. If i can win it all, the stats will very likely be overlooked. I do agree a 4 goal average does not seem bad but it wont stay 4. I have never had a season where i scored more in the 2nd half of season. It has alway been around 180 mid season and 310 end season.

Pro
    The pattern of first-11 performing worse still persists here too, despite results look better with before. Sub ST scoring a hat-trick in last 32 mins (on @58th) and sub MC providing an assist to make a 0-0 at 37th min to 7-0 at full-time tells its own story, with best 2 attackers with no goal or assist (147% & 116% vs 40%). Engine seems to favour 3rd best or lower attackers, as well as defensive players scoring too (defenders and DMCs already scored 38 goals).

In this season, if you ‘feel’ that the engine sets the best players as non-performing, then maybe sub without any hesitation (missing open goals, corner goals or counter-attack goals is a clear indicator); before, there still is a slight chance the top attacker would still score from freekicks or PKs, now probably will keep wasting them all.

The negative performance only affects our personal games, as the best attackers still perform as good as usual in association matches.
    templealumni23 likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    The pattern of first-11 performing worse still persists here too, despite results look better with before. Sub ST scoring a hat-trick in last 32 mins (on @58th) and sub MC providing an assist to make a 0-0 at 37th min to 7-0 at full-time tells its own story, with best 2 attackers with no goal or assist (147% & 116% vs 40%). Engine seems to favour 3rd best or lower attackers, as well as defensive players scoring too (defenders and DMCs already scored 38 goals).

In this season, if you ‘feel’ that the engine sets the best players as non-performing, then maybe sub without any hesitation (missing open goals, corner goals or counter-attack goals is a clear indicator); before, there still is a slight chance the top attacker would still score from freekicks or PKs, now probably will keep wasting them all.

The negative performance only affects our personal games, as the best attackers still perform as good as usual in association matches.
    Yes i am facing the exact same problem. My top 3 attackers are affected so 4th best onwards for me are doing well. My 5th best attacker is currently tied with my best player/attacker in number of goals scored but has played 3 fewer matches. It is quite likely that the top scorer will either not be won by me or won by a bench player if nothing changes. And yes the top few attackers do well in association games as you mentioned!
    templealumni23 likes this.

Pro
    Yes i am facing the exact same problem. My top 3 attackers are affected so 4th best onwards for me are doing well. My 5th best attacker is currently tied with my best player/attacker in number of goals scored but has played 3 fewer matches. It is quite likely that the top scorer will either not be won by me or won by a bench player if nothing changes. And yes the top few attackers do well in association games as you mentioned!
    Very similar here. Sub ST scores the same ratio of league and CL goals (7/7 vs 12/13 & 4/4 vs 7/8) with my 2nd best attacker, and very ironically the sub ST only comes on as sub for that 2nd best attacker typically around 60th min (when I feel enough misses is enough!) This means the goal ratio of sub ST is indeed doubled of first choice. But then I need to keep the best attackers on to hope they somehow perform and get more motm too, so 60-min is the this season’s threshold when previously I would hold until 70-75th.

Recently I just keep playing 3-5v-2 (flanks when opponent plays DMC) and 3-4-1-2 (middle when opponent has no DMC) with hard attacking and hard tackling, and it somehow works a bit better with such aggressive tactics. No red card yet, so will keep risking. Maybe you could give it a try.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Max
    You are right Max. In the end, its all about the quadruple. If i can win it all, the stats will very likely be overlooked. I do agree a 4 goal average does not seem bad but it wont stay 4. I have never had a season where i scored more in the 2nd half of season. It has alway been around 180 mid season and 310 end season.
    I can’t really blame you for being disappointed about this season, I like to improve or maintain my standard of 85-88% wins, (based off my 240 wins out 274 with my new club excluding the 71 games where I tanked) but still I know that it isn’t about the win percentage but I like a high win percentage to represent the trophies I win in a season, I am taking a break this season so that is why it is so low this season, I took 2 breaks in the last 3 seasons.

If I get below my win percentage, I tend to freak out, but if I get the trophies I let it slide, but if I don’t I will continue to freak out on what a terrible season I had .

Have an enjoyable season mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I can’t really blame you for being disappointed about this season, I like to improve or maintain my standard of 85-88% wins, (based off my 240 wins out 274 with my new club excluding the 71 games where I tanked) but still I know that it isn’t about the win percentage but I like a high win percentage to represent the trophies I win in a season, I am taking a break this season so that is why it is so low this season, I took 2 breaks in the last 3 seasons.

If I get below my win percentage, I tend to freak out, but if I get the trophies I let it slide, but if I don’t I will continue to freak out on what a terrible season I had .

Have an enjoyable season mate.

Yeah i went through that freak out stage. Well mate, i can’t cry over spilled milk. I had the greens and tokens had i wanted to improve my team but i chose not to so i should live with the consequences. What can i do, just rebuild and try again

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Very similar here. Sub ST scores the same ratio of league and CL goals (7/7 vs 12/13 & 4/4 vs 7/8) with my 2nd best attacker, and very ironically the sub ST only comes on as sub for that 2nd best attacker typically around 60th min (when I feel enough misses is enough!) This means the goal ratio of sub ST is indeed doubled of first choice. But then I need to keep the best attackers on to hope they somehow perform and get more motm too, so 60-min is the this season’s threshold when previously I would hold until 70-75th.

Recently I just keep playing 3-5v-2 (flanks when opponent plays DMC) and 3-4-1-2 (middle when opponent has no DMC) with hard attacking and hard tackling, and it somehow works a bit better with such aggressive tactics. No red card yet, so will keep risking. Maybe you could give it a try.
    My players have somewhat recovered their previous season scoring form. I had to beat the 2nd in my league before I noticed this difference. I am guessing it has something to do with the game engine keeping things close? Nevermind, i hate to sound like i am making excuses for myself. Whats done is done. At least they seem good for the final run of matches
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast