Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Asymmetrical Friendlies Update available for all managers

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    McS

Asymmetrical Friendlies Update available for all managers

Greetings Managers,

After positive testing and feedback, with tomorrow's update Asymmetrical Friendlies will be available for everybody!

This update will be compatible with both desktop and mobile devices. Here's how it works:

• When you are challenged to a friendly, you will not receive any benefits or drawbacks of playing a friendly. You cannot earn boosters, cash, burn condition or receive injuries. You can still watch the match normally, change your formation and see the result after the match;

• When you challenge someone to a friendly, it will work the same way as it always has. Your players will burn condition, have a chance to receive injuries and earn boosters and cash.

Please use this thread to supply feedback, comments and suggestions.

hi, i get this is a pretty amazing update for lots of the users, but i have a question, why are away managers being negated (no gains and pains)? wouldnt it be clear that the away manager wanted the game to play off if s/he were present? could you guys lift the negating away managers bonus if theyre present? if the away manager doesnt want to be bothered (im guessing after reading this) theyll just ignore the friendly and go on about their business, and their players wont be affected
    just a suggestion, no replies on that other thread by MDKII
    Cat Harrison and Liquid like this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

> wouldnt it be clear that the away manager wanted the game to play off if s/he were present?

No, not always. The timeframe between the invitation and the actual match is very short, you may not react in time. I recall there was once when I noticed this "friendly" match (which is in fact anything but, since the purpose is to beat your players before the important match with challenger's friend) 30 seconds before the start, too late to cancel.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    But if now you did not attend the match, then great since it's now asymmetrical. What the Fonz is saying, and I wholeheartedly agree is that this solution could be made even better by making it so *if* you attend/manage the match, you should be able to get the rewards (and the damage/injury), and if you *do not* attend, no harm no foul.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 01-09-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: clarity
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beautifull.. It's seriously very nice.. At last..
    Thanks
    FIX THE TRANSFER MARKET AND COME OUT OF UR HIDING!!!!
    league: won 4, 2nd 3 times
    CL: won 4, finalist 2
    Cup won 3, finalist 1
    Season 9 now, boycotted season 6 bc of the transfer market..
    No buying or farming of tokens or packs, no tanking ever

Quote Originally Posted by vralias-fb View Post
    > wouldnt it be clear that the away manager wanted the game to play off if s/he were present?

No, not always. The timeframe between the invitation and the actual match is very short, you may not react in time. I recall there was once when I noticed this "friendly" match (which is in fact anything but, since the purpose is to beat your players before the important match with challenger's friend) 30 seconds before the start, too late to cancel.
    i understand that point. when you schedule a friendly its usually within 3 minutes. i do feel sorry for those on the receiving end of the friendly abuse scandal (LOL), but out of my 5 seasons being active, ive only had 1 random friendly. i know he set it to easy tackles too because hes a friend IRL, ill always message if i see somethings up
    and yeah, along with my bug report (not being able to reject friendlies). ill say i can USUALLY cancel a friendly even with 1 minute to go. now i cant on both teams

yeah it kind of seems im a bit whiny about this. ah well. til the promised day comes im still half n half
    til then, 'practice match 2.0 beta, now with bonuses!'
    Cat Harrison and nut78823885 like this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

And how about stop messing up the players' morale after winning a friendly match, having us to waste our blue packs?
    Last edited by meis; 01-09-2014 at 01:54 PM.

I got it!!!! This is the reason why!!!! I am happy about this update, but i guess this update is the reason for my server failure. I thing that when this was being updated to all servers, due to technical errors, the server on which i play went down and maybe is in repair now. I see no other reason. The update must have happened after the midnight of the day ge4 yesterday, and it was informed to us yesterday. And it has been since the midnight of day be4 yesterday that i have not been able to log in due to error in connection to server!!!! I feel this isthe only possible reason. It suddenly struck me. But what now?? How much time more will it take for my server to revitalize?? I wrote to support 6 hours ago but no answer yet

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Pretty good update in truth.

I like to play friendlys instead of training, and often play against friends who seem to have abandoned the game so I don't screw others teams up. With this update I will be able to sort friendly games out safe that I'm not screwing anyone over.

More so, it stops others from screwing my team over too. I have only lost one game this season, but this came 30 mins after a friend had started playing the game and arranged a friendly for me injuring my keeper in the process. Good to know this will be avoided in the future.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    But if now you did not attend the match, then great since it's now asymmetrical. What the Fonz is saying, and I wholeheartedly agree is that this solution could be made even better by making it so *if* you attend/manage the match, you should be able to get the rewards, and if you *do not* attend, no harm no foul.
    I think the update is fine as it is. If there was no cost associated by playing a freindly game and you'd be be able to get the rewards, the system would be open for abuse. You could just be "pushed" by your friends who would challenge you for friendlies and get those free rest, morale and health packs without losing any condition.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast