Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: R.I.P. Free Booster Videos

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Nordeus have now been around longer than 3 years and they still haven't launched another facebook game alongside T11, it's about time they showed they are not a one trick pony.
    true
    i was not around since long time too, but in 8 seasons, i only seen 1 cosmetic changes of the skin and server maintenance issue resolved , other than that nothing new ..
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

How the hell am I suppose to get my healty **** now! I don't wanna waste my tokens :P
    Team name - Adhinio

Season 1 - League 2nd place.
    Season 2 - League 1st place.
    Season 3 - League 1st place - Champions League 2nd place
    Season 4 - League 1st place - Champions League 3rd place - Cup 3rd place
    Season 5 - League 1st place - Champions League 1st place

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pincho View Post
    Nordeus are taking a lot of big risks as a company. These management games can be written in a couple of days. Top Eleven doesn't work properly, so the top management game on facebook will be the next new game, and everyone will quit on that day. So as a business Nordeus can lose it's customers in a single week. These mistakes could be drastic.

I mean I could write this entire game in 2 days with sounds, and the friendly fix. So what are Nordeus playing at?
    Off topic, but as somebody with years of programming experience I just laughed at your post. Every programmer would know that this game is way far from a "state of art" status, but lets be realistic ... nobody can write it in 2 days.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pincho View Post
    Nordeus are taking a lot of big risks as a company. These management games can be written in a couple of days. Top Eleven doesn't work properly, so the top management game on facebook will be the next new game, and everyone will quit on that day. So as a business Nordeus can lose it's customers in a single week. These mistakes could be drastic.

I mean I could write this entire game in 2 days with sounds, and the friendly fix. So what are Nordeus playing at?
    I am an experienced programmer and what an idiot you are.
    magic3 likes this.
    Wolf FC

Rookie
    im sure even the token buyers will get fed up winning 8-0 against bob bot every game, same as most "free" games there only after ya money, can see this game dying on its arse like mafia wars

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf View Post
    Off topic, but as somebody with years of programming experience I just laughed at your post. Every programmer would know that this game is way far from a "state of art" status, but lets be realistic ... nobody can write it in 2 days.
    Everything is modular these days and any idiot can start a semi-professional website with hardly any knowledge. With the right knowledge, one could create a similar game in 2 days if he is dedicated and has all the resources required. Will it be buggy and need to be tested? of course, but the issue is whether he can create this game in 2 days, not whether it will be better in 2 days. I would say that in a week he could have it up and running with less bugs than T11.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cuffe View Post
    im sure even the token buyers will get fed up winning 8-0 against bob bot every game, same as most "free" games there only after ya money, can see this game dying on its arse like mafia wars
    Yup,. I lasted a few months on MW and then just quit cold turkey. Got very boring fast. This is starting to do that now. If I didnt have a few accounts from different levels I would have quit already.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Everything is modular these days and any idiot can start a semi-professional website with hardly any knowledge. With the right knowledge, one could create a similar game in 2 days if he is dedicated and has all the resources required. Will it be buggy and need to be tested? of course, but the issue is whether he can create this game in 2 days, not whether it will be better in 2 days. I would say that in a week he could have it up and running with less bugs than T11.
    I can sum it up in this:

Code:
    'similar' !== 'this' && 'similar' != 'this entire game'
    Note that since we're talking about writing the game I didn't even mention the "sounds" part and all the images and artwork that must be done as well.

I don't care who you are, how many resources you have or how knowledgeable you are - regardless of the techniques and tools in use, no single person can write all of this in 48 hours. Maybe, just maybe if you assume that the whole logic inside the match simulation engine can be summed up as a "completely random chance" (and we know it isn't) and if you forget about a feature, you'll barely miss the deadline by an hour or two. You'll still fail.

Top11 is mostly crap and Nordeus are probably more ignorant and greedy than we all think, but credit has to be given when it's due. There's a reason why this game is so successful and why there are around a 100 "similar" games on FB and with little to no success - a project like this requires a decent amount of time and dedication to start (emphasis on start, and not on support). If that wasn't the case we'd have hundreds of thousands, not just a hundred FMs to pick from.

If you're a well working team and with a good development plan, it won't take you more than a couple of months - maybe 1 to 2 weeks if you're really fast and dedicated, but in 2 days it's not possible. Period.

Bring back the rest pack boosters!!!!!
    Splatter95 likes this.
    Trophy Cabnet

LEVEL 1: League Champions
    LEVEL 2: League Champions & Champions League Winners
    LEVEL 3:

MDKII
    Hey folks, we have an update on this issue.

We've made progress with solving the technical issues we had regarding the videos, so now we've re-introduced them to a part of our playerbase. After we're sure things are in working order, we'll roll out the videos back to everyone. We still don't have an ETA on when this will be, sadly.

I apologize this is taking as long as it is and I think you for your patience.

FCB
    Quote Originally Posted by MDKII View Post
    Hey folks, we have an update on this issue.

We've made progress with solving the technical issues we had regarding the videos, so now we've re-introduced them to a part of our playerbase. After we're sure things are in working order, we'll roll out the videos back to everyone. We still don't have an ETA on when this will be, sadly.

I apologize this is taking as long as it is and I think you for your patience.
    Thanks for the news, at least we will have some hope to continue in the game ... if it is quick then it will be good ...if it is getting late people will lose interest and stop playing this game
    Blupp Haikiss likes this.
    FCB - Indian Team

Playing form 2013

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast