Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: R.I.P. Free Booster Videos

Quote Originally Posted by SSDD View Post
    Exactly!
    If you don't like the game, don't play it!
    Besides it's just not fair for some people to have access to free tokens and boosters, while others (like myself) have to pay for those. So stop whining, the lot of you!
    If you had the vids and then got them taken away from you, you'd be 'whining' too.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    There were hardly any booster vids on the iPhone for me

Besides, iPhone users are more likely to use the app than the facebook app on a browser to play, so if anything it balanced out.
    Yeah I never got that many booster videos on the iphone, the only good thing about the offers on the iPhone was Tapjoy.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Free to play games are all the same... to be competitive it costs many multiples more than a regular account game. If you want an even playing field you can get it on full featured games for $10 a month. If you want to have a chance with free to play games it costs much more than that. Sure its free to be cannon fodder, but if you want to win on a pissy browser based game like T11 you have to fork out much more than a full featured account game, and now thats not enough they want a little more to "even the playing field". If people a willing to pay for it I say jack the prices up even more lmao. Back to reasonably priced monthly account full featured games is what I'll be doing. crappy browser games at 10 times the cost is like slot machines, a total waste of time and money if you've spent any.
    aiureah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    If you had the vids and then got them taken away from you, you'd be 'whining' too.
    Perhaps, but we'll never really know.
    I buy tokens because I want to be better than most people on my level. Think about it! If I keep buying tokens and start losing to people who watch videos but, spend no real money for the game, will I have any motivation to buy tokens?

You had 3 ways to be succesful at T11: buying tokens, watch vids for green/red packs and multi-accounting.
    Currently playing level 8 (season 8)

The league:
    1st place level 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

The Champions league:
    1st place level 2,3,4,5,6 - 2nd place level 7

The cup:
    1/4 final level 3

Perhaps, but we'll never really know.
    I buy tokens because I want to be better than most people on my level. Think about it! If I keep buying tokens and start losing to people who watch videos but, spend no real money for the game, will I have any motivation to buy tokens?
    Well they receive something from the fact we watch the vids.
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS
    League Champions 5 times (undefeated season 2 and 6) Runners Up x 1 grrr
    Cup Winners Season 5 (Wembley Stadium)
    Champions league Winners season 5 (Float Marina Singapore)(Cup Double)
    Champions league Winners season 4 (Joy at The Nou Camp )(League and CL Double)
    Champions League Finalist season 2 (The Amsterdam Arena Spud Gun/Helmet Cheese Penalty fiasco )

Sure they do! But I'm amlost certain my 100 bucks are better than player X's few cents a day from free videos.
    P.S. How exactly does multi-accounting help you? I mean can you get free tokens if you have 4-5 accounts? Because I don't think that the 5-10 tokens a month from referrals are a big help.

Sure they do! But I'm amlost certain my 100 bucks are better than player X's few cents a day from free videos.
    P.S. How exactly does multi-accounting help you? I mean can you get free tokens if you have 4-5 accounts? Because I don't think that the 5-10 tokens a month from referrals are a big help.
    If the other accounts are the same level/1 level lower you can use them as a youth academy and create 18y old fast trainers with sa, 3 positions and 1 point away from being scout, at that point you can buy them.
    Pretty handy when you are at the highest level of your server with only 3* players at the market.
    R.I.P. Free Booster Videos-knipsel1.jpg
    Currently playing level 8 (season 8)

The league:
    1st place level 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

The Champions league:
    1st place level 2,3,4,5,6 - 2nd place level 7

The cup:
    1/4 final level 3

Cheers!
    Seems too hardcore for me though, I'll probably play for 3-4-5 month, win as many trophies as I can and then retire before I get to the "professional" levels.

I guess my view is slightly different to most. I know I can play very good quality online games for between $10-$15 per month on an account plan. So when you consider the immersion value of a browser game by comparison.... that's my definite ceiling for supposed "free to play". If I cant be competitive for less than the cost of higher quality and more immersive games then I dont play it. I can get better value elsewhere etc. With T11, by watching videos, and buying tokens it was already close to the $10-$15 per month range. With the videos now gone, the cost for being competitive will rise. Its not that I dont buy tokens, I do. I just feel the game may not be worth the extra cost given its relatively simple model. I have not seen any game improvements since I started playing other than some background changes so im not inclined to pay more for something that hasn't improved. Its not about those that spend money and those that dont. Most of us spend money, the fact is that these changes will cost all of us more money than it did before. Perhaps what they meant by "levelling things out" was to reduce the current customer base down by 20% or so and milk 20% more out of those who stay, it should atleast save them some resources on the servers.
    cracicot likes this.

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast