Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Not spending anymore

That team had 4-1-2-1-2 and I played 3-1-4-2 and concentrated my attack down both flanks coz his full backs were very weak and my wingers were strong. I don't see much wrong in that. Correct me if I'm wrong. And yes 90+ condition and 'very good' and up morale. And 8 players were pretty much in form.

Everyone is talking about formations, tactics, useful and not useful skills, high moral and so on. Of cause these things matters in the long run, but trust me some games you are destined to lose.
    The fact is you will lose to anyone any time, especially on higher levels (level 10 and above). Don’t ever forget you’re here for two reasons, and two reasons only: 1. To be entertained 2. To spend money. (or the other way around depending who you´re asking)
    Players like you and me might be used (from other games) to get kick backs out of our dedication. In top eleven, provided both teams are legal formations, you will lose games no matter what you do. Most probably you´ll lose to a “friend” or even a “friend of a friend” (whom, by the way, you know nothing about) or to just some random player, and your dedication will not matter, not how great support you have, not how much you spend in the transfer market, not how you coach your team. It seems that “Nordeus” likes us to believe such parameters matters, but in the end you are in the hands of lady luck.
    The answer, if questioning, you´ll get from Nordeus support, or anyone else is: in real life the teams don´t always win.
    There is a “market communistic philosophy” controlling the outcome all top eleven matches. Keep most players happy, make more people spend more, by sharing all the trophies. Why there is 3 tournaments to fight for. How often do you think you will win them all in the same season?
    Don’t let this game get to you. If you feeling frustrated and angry there´s a lot of great games out there. Take care!
    I am Vagablue, level 17, I won it all, and I´ve lost it.
    Porker, aiureah and Yinhung like this.

They let me win every single match of my first season as a manager just to lure me into the game. Motive complete. I guess this is what nordeus wanted. I'm on level 4 now. But won't go any further even though I've managed to collect 94 tokens but I won't spend them just to see myself lose and have a high blood pressure. So this is it.
    FlyingV, cracicot and aiureah like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pirsten View Post
    Don’t ever forget you’re here for two reasons, and two reasons only: 1. To be entertained 2. To spend money. (or the other way around depending who you´re asking)
    Peter, there are so many ways I could prove your theory correct, but I will start with just one observation:

You mentioned in another post that it is all about making people happy as well so I thought I would tell you a funny story to help prove your theory.

After taking a 1st, 2cnd and 3rd in the league, Cup, and Challenge Cup last season, this season I ended up playing for the league trophy only, partially due to a strange amount of red cards, key injuries, low morale and everything else you could imagine to get me to spend more tokens that kept happening to my team at key times.

With only the league left to go, I decided to test your "keeping people happy theory" at this point. You were so right.

With only the league left to go, I stopped fixing players, put hardly any time and effort in to my team, used formations that were borderline stupid, did not attend the last few games and guess what?

All of a sudden that team could do no wrong, started winning, stopped getting injuries etc. That is when the revelation hit me. "Not only do you lose games that you should have won, maybe to allow another person team "at times" to win (keep them happy) but it seems Nordeus has programmed it to let "You Win" at times to try and keep you happy. In my case, give me a shot at the league Trophy to keep me happy since I was out of the cups. Keeping people happy, keeps them playing and hopefully spending right.

Now, looking back at my last five seasons I wonder how many wins did I also get that I didn't necessarily deserve, to keep me happy and playing.

If I am correct, this whole game is a farce to any competitive player and a total rip off to the token buying players.
    Last edited by FlyingV; 07-19-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    cracicot and aiureah like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by genaks View Post
    They let me win every single match of my first season as a manager just to lure me into the game. Motive complete. I guess this is what nordeus wanted. I'm on level 4 now. But won't go any further even though I've managed to collect 94 tokens but I won't spend them just to see myself lose and have a high blood pressure. So this is it.
    genaks, your on to something and don't let anyone tell you any different. It's becoming more and more obvious how this program is coded.
    Last edited by FlyingV; 07-19-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Thank you for supporting the theory of "making everyone happy" (market communistic philosophy). You have some interesting experiences, that follow up on this subject.
    I know how disappointing it is to give it all. Put energy to find good transfers, keeping the team in good condition, plan formation before an encounter, supporting the team during match, support friends teams and make them support yours. All this then end up with nothing
    The most frustrating thing about it, is that you think you will do some difference. Then you wake up by a flick on the nose, to notice that you just keep fooling yourself. You are not in control of any outcome in any game.
    Strange because most games tend to reward dedication.

Thanks again for you input.

Vagablue

A good idea not spending anymore and making this your main hobby. Top eleven is designed for quantity, not for the quality time you put into it.
    I saw an intresting initiative somebody creating a group (league), where you´re not allowed to invest real money. Seems like a cool idea, a league whith just enthusiasts. The only part I couldn´t figure out was how they where suppose to stick together further up in the system. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pirsten View Post
    A good idea not spending anymore and making this your main hobby. Top eleven is designed for quantity, not for the quality time you put into it.
    I saw an intresting initiative somebody creating a group (league), where you´re not allowed to invest real money. Seems like a cool idea, a league whith just enthusiasts. The only part I couldn´t figure out was how they where suppose to stick together further up in the system. :/
    That league is the 35T league, Many players just not buying tokens and using limited resources to build and manage a team, but the end of the day, its the good sportsmanship of all the members that keeps the 35T league running and building its success.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    That league is the 35T league, Many players just not buying tokens and using limited resources to build and manage a team, but the end of the day, its the good sportsmanship of all the members that keeps the 35T league running and building its success.
    Yes, too bad they cant make the whole game like the 35T league. Nothing is more fair.

My first post after a 2 week vacation back in Canada to get married.

Same old, same old.
    aiureah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Yes, too bad they cant make the whole game like the 35T league. Nothing is more fair.

My first post after a 2 week vacation back in Canada to get married.

Same old, same old.
    If they made the whole game like the 35T league then T11 would just be completely a different game.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast