Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Did i spend wisely or stupidly?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Sell him if it's a pattern. Some guys just don't work on a team, I had a *very* expensive guy with awesome stats, that never got better than a 6. But, you could also try training him, look at his stats, compared them with your happy players, and see if you can make changes there.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Sell him if it's a pattern. Some guys just don't work on a team, I had a *very* expensive guy with awesome stats, that never got better than a 6. But, you could also try training him, look at his stats, compared them with your happy players, and see if you can make changes there.
    So ive looked at one of my major under perfomers, 18 4* DMR/MR player. His form is 4-5-4-6-5 compared to my other midfielders who are a constant 7-9. Ive tried selling him ( Minimum i can set is 550k, but nobody seems to want him ) And without the sale of a player i cant at this moment replace him. Should i keep him until end of season then replace?

Dreamer
    I picked up a great GK last season, 5* nearly 6, super fast trainer, 18 years old. But could he play? 5 or 6 was his best. So I dropped him and used a 3* who was performing great guns. Had I been able to get a replacement on my lousy server he would have been sold as fast as.
    His moral went through the floor. It went up a bit after I used him in some friendlies, but I didn't use him much, he was the classic "out of favour" player.

About 10 games in this season and he suddenly started improving in friendlies 7/8 regularly. So I stuck him back in the first team and he has been outstanding, 8/9 in most games. Being a fast trainer and picking up 2 or 3 skill points in a game too, he made up the star drop in no time.

Oh yeah, I don't think anybody has warned you about that little surprise you have coming. When you go up a level, the number of points a player needs to achieve a star ranking goes up by 5. I can't remember what the low level star ratings are, but let's say a player with an average of 25 is a 5* player. Come the end of the season, that player will still have 25 points, but now to be a 5* player you need 30 points, so he drops down to a 4*. That is why there is a buying frenzy at the start of the season.

Also, the older they get, the slower they improve, so it gets harder to recoup their stars. It's great if you are on a server with loads of teams above you, they will clear out their 2* and 3* which to you may be 4* or 5*, like when premiership players drop down a division or two.

Well done for turning your team around, have fun!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123