Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Mmmhhh... I'll never understand the "logic" of this game.

Dreamer
    A bit of topic but I made it to the Cup finals, and I'm facing a team with the exact same quality as mine.

Here's his formation :

---X----X---

X----------X

-------------

X----X--- -X

--X--X--X---

Extremely defensive as you can see. I'm planning on using a pretty offensive one with attacking mentality and offside trap. Something like this :

---X----X--

X----X----X

---X----X---

------------

--X--X--X--

What do you think of it ? : )

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    A bit of topic but I made it to the Cup finals, and I'm facing a team with the exact same quality as mine.

Here's his formation :

---X----X---

X----------X

-------------

X----X--- -X

--X--X--X---

Extremely defensive as you can see. I'm planning on using a pretty offensive one with attacking mentality and offside trap. Something like this :

---X----X--

X----X----X

---X----X---

------------

--X--X--X--

For as much as we know AMs position are to break the offside trap sistem, so might be bad if those 2 X you put there are amr/aml. If he plays defensive/counter attack you might get troubles playing offensive. I would rather use a 3N-2W-3MC-2 of to be more offensive 3-2-2-2W-1 (butterfly) or 3-2-2-1-2 (amc). 2 mc and dml/dmr should at same time block his wingers and grant you some better control of midfield. With 2 AMs and 3 DMs he probaly might play on both flanks, so a strategy based on through middle play without adding reds on your DMs and with an AMC pressuring the DMs (better if stronger than them) could give you the upper hand. If you notice you get too many counters you could add blu arrows on your DMs.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by HateMeNow View Post
    For as much as we know AMs position are to break the offside trap sistem, so might be bad if those 2 X you put there are amr/aml. If he plays defensive/counter attack you might get troubles playing offensive. I would rather use a 3N-2W-3MC-2 of to be more offensive 3-2-2-2W-1 (butterfly) or 3-2-2-1-2 (amc). 2 mc and dml/dmr should at same time block his wingers and grant you some better control of midfield. With 2 AMs and 3 DMs he probaly might play on both flanks, so a strategy based on through middle play without adding reds on your DMs and with an AMC pressuring the DMs (better if stronger than them) could give you the upper hand. If you notice you get too many counters you could add blu arrows on your DMs.

I'm liking this pretty much, : ) To be honest, I've never faced such a formation, so I have zero experience against this particular set up. It's pretty obvious he's gonna play Defensive+Counter, since he has no MCs. I might try what you are saying -- sounds logical enough.
    Last edited by kebess; 09-18-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Dreamer
    And by the way, if he didn't have those 2 wingers, it would have been OK to play the offside trap formation you'd say ?

I hate people when they don't have a clue what they are talking about...
    How does the Mentality order work exactly ? Does anyone know ? Does switching to "Attacking" make your players lose defense stats and gain attacking stats, or does it give a boost to your Midfielders/Strikers, and debuff your Defenders/Goalkeeper ?

I wouldn't be surprised if no one actually knew...
    Delicious!
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Rookie
    And by the way, if he didn't have those 2 wingers, it would have been OK to play the offside trap formation you'd say ?
    with no AMs on field and just 2 STs you can try it, at condition your defender's speed is higher than the attackers. If he plays with MR/ML tho something might slip, that's why i alwais prefer the 3N-2W sistem. Even with MR/and ML you can push your Dms on red arrows to pressure them.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Delicious!
    Please, don't get me started... I don't want to become unpleasant : (

with no AMs on field and just 2 STs you can try it, at condition your defender's speed is higher than the attackers. If he plays with MR/ML tho something might slip, that's why i alwais prefer the 3N-2W sistem. Even with MR/and ML you can push your Dms on red arrows to pressure them.
    OK, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

So I managed to get to the Cup semis, and I'm facing a team almost equal to mine (just slightly worse, 25Q vs 24Q, 6 specials vs 3).

Opponent is playing some weird 4-1-1-2W-2, and so I play the counter formation, 3-3W-2MC-2, (attacking, mixed, hard tackles, own side, mixed passing, no trap, no C.A.).

I'm thinking I'm gonna rape this guy 'cause he's not even watching the match (13% possession bonus for me. Win bonus is also at max, condition/moral at 95%+, ...).

First half, 65%/35% possession for me, but no single goal...
    Second half, 49th min, opponent gets his first real occasion, boom ! Goal for him !! 0:1.

I'm like WTF ?? Damn game... 60th minute still no goal for me, even with my 65% possession, and a counter formation at this stage, so I decide to f*** the system and go all in... switch to Hard Attacking mentality.

62th min, boom ! One of my defenders gets a 2nd yellow card => red card ! WTF ?! I'm really gonna lose, huh ? Have to sub quickly and replace a DMC by DC. Like it's gonna change anything at this point...

70 min in already, 0:1 for opponent. I've been playing with 60/65% possession till the red card, and a counter formation, a better quality/specialty team, and yet I'm somehow losing.
    To make things worse, now I only have 10 players vs 11, and have to play a weird formation with both a weak attack and defense... why haven't I close the browser already ?

Well, not so fast Speedy, 74 min in, one of my defenders single handedly dribbles through the whole midfield and gets a free-kick 20 yrs from the goal.
    BOOM! Goooooal !! at 75th min, 1:1! Oh my, what a troll -- so now that it's basically hopeless for me, I get a lucky goal ? Meh, it's better than a lost... I might perhaps get lucky in the 2nd match -- though, I'll be playing outside, and without one of my best DC's.

Well, not so fast Speedy, 2 min later, 77th min, BOOM! Gooooooal !! 2:1 for me! Where on earth did this goal come from ? Not that I'm complaining but, shouldn't I be loosing right now ? : )

Well, not so fast Speedy, 5 min later, 83th min, BOOM! Gooooooal !! 3:1. lol?

Not So Fast SPEEDY ! 3 min later, 85th min, my 32 Q striker gets a penalty. BOOM! Gooooa..! Oh wait, he missed.... (notice he's the one who scored my 3 goals... including a FK, but he somehow misses the penalty)

*Sigh...* Guess, I'll never understand the logic of this game...

Attachment 12268Attachment 12267 Attachment 12269Attachment 12270Attachment 12271Attachment 12272
    yes that hapen to me i have 4-1-3-2 formation and in the first half i score a goal for 0-1 after first half he gove a 2 red card and in min 67 79 his team score 2 goals wtf i have better team than him my team is 89.2 his team is 86.5 and omg i just smile in finnish match

Banned

Here's his formation :

---X----X---

X----------X

-------------

X----X--- -X

--X--X--X---

---X----X--

X----X----X

---X----X---

------------

--X--X--X--

4-1-3N-2 should be perfect.

attacking, up the middle, hard tackle, no counter, no offsides

Dreamer
    It was a crazy match !

But I won, 2:1, : ) I had to switch my formation constantly, 'cause he kept on switching as well to try to pierce through my defense.. Very intense, thus. He also managed to get 3 player supporters...

I'll post some screens later.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast