Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Meow Odom View Post

Introducing Mo FC's new Keeper for an amazing 1 token !!!!!!!! yah me and no he dosnt retire at end of season !!!!!!!
    Nice buy and LOLs!!! Nice way to cover the other players name!!! Hahahahahahahaha...... ohhhh, I bet Cat will die laughing!!!!

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    My opinion on training v. friendlies: if you have good friends you can arrange with, it is better to play the friendlies, as expressed by others, the boosters are good, the formation and tactics experiments are good, and you can see what ratings your players get with those settings without hurting your league standing.
    I like to do "practice match" only on players that haven't played 2 matches that day. Cardio is my primary training, and I try to keep my guys at even condition so stretching is for that only. I prefer to log in more than once than risk training to risky low condition in one go (75% is lowest for me, so if it's a long time to next match, I might make 'em go run a few times rather than the other trainings) Unless you are prepared to use red packs, don't use the hard train setting.

Replacements for retirees happens Day 1 if you do not have enough players for a minimum squad.
    Sometimes those replacements aren't bad benchers, and they're free, but you can't sell them, and if you want a truly full squad you have to keep or sack them, which isn't free...

Did someone say 3 wingers? Never have three guys on one side -- you'll get bad possession.
    Thanks for the answers
    Ah ok, if you cant sell them, then its more of a crapshoot.
    3 wingers: 1ML, 1AML! and 1 MR (narrow back 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Plus one of ur players might get an extra skill point for the MoM if u win!!! My opinions are strongly in favour of friendlies but don't be selfish and see that ur frnd has no upcoming match for atleast 15 hours. If there is no match within that time period, only then play ur friendly. If u play some 15 mins be4 ur frnds kick off and then he loses an important match, he might come up for a revenge!!!!!! Who know!!!!
    I cant see my friend's fixtures... he's like L10+ though... so i just challenge a friend who's already ditched the game

Oh a question about moving fixtures? From say L4 and up since you says first 4 levels are easier to win matches, is it worth paying a token to move a match?
    I have a match at 17:58 then a cup match at 18:31. I've got a full 22man squad, quickly healed my 2 injuries for today and saving my 1st team for the Cup (0:0 from 1st away leg and 1st in my Lge with 3 wins in 3)
    Last edited by Zangy; 10-25-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Rookie
    True. A green pack is sure for subs. U can even get a 2 blues if u watch the match and win it, else u will get one for watching and lose on for losing so net 0. Red if u don't get cards which is tough. U can even try out ur formations and tactics against ur friends formation if u have an opponent playing the same formation as ur friend. U can try out who is playing well and who is not so decide ur line-up. So, friendlies r better. Plus there is some enjoyment!!!!!
    U can more one blue pack if u win for 5 or more..

I was just wondering if it is possible to keep your formation secret, i played a team that only showed 1 player on the field when i was working out what formation i was going to play against them.

Rookie
    He was not keeping secret he was inative and the engine sets a default formation to play...

u can move your players around and set the formation in 15 minutes before the game starts..

Quote Originally Posted by André Costa View Post
    He was not keeping secret he was inative and the engine sets a default formation to play...

u can move your players around and set the formation in 15 minutes before the game starts..
    Yup. He has to be inactive. If u can come online any time, it is better to keep a different formation and change it 20 mins from the game.

Tell us ur opinion-

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post

Oh a question about moving fixtures? From say L4 and up since you says first 4 levels are easier to win matches, is it worth paying a token to move a match?
    I have a match at 17:58 then a cup match at 18:31. I've got a full 22man squad, quickly healed my 2 injuries for today and saving my 1st team for the Cup (0:0 from 1st away leg and 1st in my Lge with 3 wins in 3)
    If u r saving ur main squad and you can watch both the matches, and have enuf green packs and are not a Token buyer, u don't need to waste the 2 T. u might get a Q player for that. Even depends on how well did u win the 1st leg???? If u have won 4-0 or something and ur opponents team is not good enough, don't need to worry. All the best and post the results. Even I have a league match at 2 am and cup match at 3am. Maybe I won't be able to watch them. So I am playing 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond against both my opponents. I want to win in league as well as I want to win it this time as I have tight competition and there is a damn PTer in by League at rank 1. I am 2nd 3 GD behind!!! Wish me luck!!!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Tell us ur opinion-

Quote Originally Posted by saransh vatsa View Post
    if u r saving ur main squad and you can watch both the matches, and have enuf green packs and are not a token buyer, u don't need to waste the 2 t. U might get a q player for that. Even depends on how well did u win the 1st leg???? If u have won 4-0 or something and ur opponents team is not good enough, don't need to worry. All the best and post the results. Even i have a league match at 2 am and cup match at 3am. Maybe i won't be able to watch them. So i am playing 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond against both my opponents. I want to win in league as well as i want to win it this time as i have tight competition and there is a damn pter in by league at rank 1. I am 2nd 3 gd behind!!! Wish me luck!!!
    good luck!:d

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    good luck!:d
    Thanks. 3 hours for kick off for the 1st match!!! 4 hrs for Cup match!!

Tell us ur opinion-

Rookie
    If u r saving ur main squad and you can watch both the matches, and have enuf green packs and are not a Token buyer, u don't need to waste the 2 T. u might get a Q player for that. Even depends on how well did u win the 1st leg???? If u have won 4-0 or something and ur opponents team is not good enough, don't need to worry. All the best and post the results. Even I have a league match at 2 am and cup match at 3am. Maybe I won't be able to watch them. So I am playing 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond against both my opponents. I want to win in league as well as I want to win it this time as I have tight competition and there is a damn PTer in by League at rank 1. I am 2nd 3 GD behind!!! Wish me luck!!!
    Thanks, good luck!

I won the first match 4-0 with my 2nd string and won the cup match 30mins later with a last minute penalty. Literally scored then the next in-game comment was the final whistle

1st match incidentally, was against a friend from another game, he had a defender sent off so ended up with only 2 defenders and illegal formation but I got two 5-day injuries.
    Sold one of them lol... made a $150k profit since he was a free transfer last season, and only ever got 5, 6s and a few 7s this season.
    My other injured player has a knee cartilage tear, his contract is up this season but he's an above avg performer but low Q & value. I need to make room for 1 more new youth player tomorrow. Do you think its harsh of me to sack him?
    Last edited by Zangy; 10-25-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast