Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    He would train pretty blazing fast (probably) DC's that perform well are worth keeping... no one bid maybe they can't afford him!

You can also play guys 1 place out of position for a match or 2 to get through injuries (I have played both MCs and DCs in the DMC spot, like that) and their morale may take a tiny hit but it's cheaper than a bunch of reds...
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    He would train pretty blazing fast (probably) DC's that perform well are worth keeping... no one bid maybe they can't afford him!

You can also play guys 1 place out of position for a match or 2 to get through injuries (I have played both MCs and DCs in the DMC spot, like that) and their morale may take a tiny hit but it's cheaper than a bunch of reds...
    This is very true - In fact this season (season 4) is the only season that i have started to take the game serious and actually watch games and train players. Last 2 seasons i finished 3rd and won the cup and i never applied a single booster pack! - In-fact i have witnessed my own player scoring 4 goals when he had only 32% health and his moral was below half. Five players last season played the whole season out of position. I think people are too quick to panic when a player gets injured.

EDIT: May I add in those seasons I never had any win bonuses either.
    Last edited by Marc Symons; 11-06-2013 at 06:07 AM.

sounds like my last 2 seasons
    i was away on business for 2 months, wasnt active with anything online, and i got 3rd in the league, cup and CL
    now im active nearly every day, got knocked out of the cup and CL first, and my players are on fire in the league
    thinking i should go inactive again after i resign the 1 token a day thing
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post

I should have taken a punt on hm then
    Oh well, maybe next time. I was holding out for a striker, woke up after 2hrs for it and clicked with 2s left and it didnt go through. Glad though as it went all the way to 4th knockout round so 4-5T

Wasted my red boosters as well today as I woke up late and missed my 2nd match.
    So 1st team squad still on the bench/res and I lost 5-nil and knocked out of the cup in the quarters
    And now 2 3rds of my team are left on 60-65% condition :-/
    I had a defender who was suspended for the cup game and the game automatically swapped him for a striker in defence WTF!
    I had defenders who I saved and it didnt select them and my striker wasnt even the top Q/valued player. It just trolls u and selects any player huh?
    Last edited by Zangy; 11-06-2013 at 12:23 PM.

I think that the system sub the player for the first in the sub list, no matter the position.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    I think that the system sub the player for the first in the sub list, no matter the position.
    So that should be S1/2 AFTER the GK right? because I would have had my GK in S1.
    In fact I usually have my STs in S6 & 7 as I usually line up my subs according to their positions
    And out of all the categories we can 'sort' out team from (ie, condition, morale, team position, value, Q etc) why can't we sort them to in order of Role?
    Did anyone ever suggest that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    I was to be out for 7 days once and my in form MC had a red card and was out for 1 game. I didn't want to keep him out for all 7 days. People here advised to let him be and put the sub MC on the 1st for mid fielders in autosubs. When I came back an checked, it was alright. For that one match, my sub MC had been put in and for all the other matches, the main MC HD played and scored in all of them.

I havnt noticed which sub is used 1st for what position has anyone else ???

Rookie
    Really need some advice.

So I cant figure out what to do. I have 3 good st's. One who doesnt perform well at all when he is in his ST positon, but i started playing him as a AMR ( Out of position ) And so far his form is solid 8s. As an ST he was 5's.

My defence is great, their average all season is around 7.8.

Im struggling with my 2 other forwards. One is older more Q and has a better S/A. And he has score bags of goals for me. He started 25 of of the 27 games hes played in netting a good amount of goals. He was meant to be a backup but i havnt had the heart to drop him since his form is fantastic, and has been all season. The problem is, my forward who i have had since season 1, has always had a fantastic goal scoring record, and he has started 2 games this season, and came off the bench 18 times. But has netted nearly as many goals as my starter. ( Today Jeremy scored once and got 2 assists, subbed him at 75 minutes. Keehan netted 3 times.

I have tried playing them as a duo in friendlies thinking their strike partnership would be devastation. But when they play with a strike partner neither of them perform. I cant play both of them, but who would you start and why?
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Four
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six
    League Champion|Cup Last 16|Champions League Group Stage

Quote Originally Posted by SlickZ View Post
    Really need some advice.

So I cant figure out what to do. I have 3 good st's. One who doesnt perform well at all when he is in his ST positon, but i started playing him as a AMR ( Out of position ) And so far his form is solid 8s. As an ST he was 5's.

My defence is great, their average all season is around 7.8.

Im struggling with my 2 other forwards. One is older more Q and has a better S/A. And he has score bags of goals for me. He started 25 of of the 27 games hes played in netting a good amount of goals. He was meant to be a backup but i havnt had the heart to drop him since his form is fantastic, and has been all season. The problem is, my forward who i have had since season 1, has always had a fantastic goal scoring record, and he has started 2 games this season, and came off the bench 18 times. But has netted nearly as many goals as my starter. ( Today Jeremy scored once and got 2 assists, subbed him at 75 minutes. Keehan netted 3 times.

I have tried playing them as a duo in friendlies thinking their strike partnership would be devastation. But when they play with a strike partner neither of them perform. I cant play both of them, but who would you start and why?
    I think I would check the stats ie if league game who scored most league goals / if cup/CL who scores most in those however after saying that I sometimes just go with my favorite , and keep training the finishing etc on all of them when I could

Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast