Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post
    Just normal training right now, played in 1 friendly, only got a 7 compared to his strike partner who got MoM
    Playing in today's Lge match as I'm saving my preferred pairing for the CL game. I thought they were late 20s but are only 24 & 26, but low Q and value.
    However, they have 8s & 9s in their last 5 CL matches
    Sounds like a similar day to mine !!! Home in the league against 5th then home in CL later so playing with some reserves in league game to save better quality in CL havnt fully decided yet !!!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Scrivener View Post
    Sounds like a similar day to mine !!! Home in the league against 5th then home in CL later so playing with some reserves in league game to save better quality in CL havnt fully decided yet !!!
    Should definitely prioritise the CL unless you're clear through and on your 2nd leg

I'm playing a full reserve side except for my MR and DR, set them with no arrows and taken them off now after 73min
    Funny, its against an FB friend whom I lost a friendly to last night. Just won nil-4, 1st 2 goals from the 2 players who's contract I've renewed. (low Q and value, but again good performers) and my new ST got the 3rd (shame he only got another 7 rating)
    MoM to my Q12 31yo ST. He's been brilliant this season, hardly played last season but thriving on the rotation system.
    8-6-7-8-8 in his last 5 Lge matches, 6G 3A 3MoM in 13 games

won league game 4-1 just changed my team around for CL game 1st leg at home, strongest side on for that !!! because I rested some just used 4 green packs for CL game

Rookie
    Dammit! I missed my CL game and forgot to set up my formation.
    Drew 2-2, away so not a bad result considering

Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post
    Dammit! I missed my CL game and forgot to set up my formation.
    Drew 2-2, away so not a bad result considering
    2 away goals are always good !!! I WON CL 1-0 AT HOME so not there yet but not bad either !!!!!!!!

I have a world class 24 yr old player going to try to train him to 8 star he was a scout, will let you all know how many green/red packs it takes etc , oh and how long !!!!! he only gains about 1 skill point every 1 to 2 full (all three) training routines at the moment .never had a 8 star player so going to be interesting for me to find out .

Rookie
    I have a world class 24 yr old player going to try to train him to 8 star he was a scout, will let you all know how many green/red packs it takes etc , oh and how long !!!!! he only gains about 1 skill point every 1 to 2 full (all three) training routines at the moment .never had a 8 star player so going to be interesting for me to find out .
    How does he fair from playing a match?

I only had 1 Lge game today so put in my top 11 highest valued players as they'd gain more SPs.
    Ended up with this formation

and got my biggest ever win! Won nil-8 offline! 4 goals for my star player Stanica + 1 assist, and a hatrick for Harris
    Granted they were 2nd from bottom, but I lost 2-nil to the bottom team a few days ago whilst offline (however I forgot to change in a few of my 1st teamers)

Has anyone ever seen a 1.2M player for free? Seems like a Nordeus Gen as he's 19 and for free (cant be a released U21 at 19 can he?) 4 rounds of about 3 bids in each round, luckily my connection lagged and I didnt get sucked into a bidding war.
    So is this a freak occurrence or some way of them generating token spend?

I was hoping to make some money off him and was willing to my sack my retiring sub GK to make room, would you guys have sacrificed your only sub goalie like that?
    Similar to my plan for next season actually: let my GK retire and wait to see if I get an U21 GK 7 days into next season? Is it a risk worth taking?
    Last edited by Zangy; 11-08-2013 at 04:34 PM.

He usually gets 1 skill point from each match. My only game today he played he got a 7 ranking MOM had 9 ?? but mom did score 2 goals

He is now 61 quality seems I can raise 1 quality per day with 1 game and 16 greens thats what it took today anyway in 4 more days he should be 8 star
    Last edited by Phil Scrivener; 11-08-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Rookie
    He usually gets 1 skill point from each match. My only game today he played he got a 7 ranking MOM had 9 ?? but mom did score 2 goals

He is now 61 quality seems I can raise 1 quality per day with 1 game and 16 greens thats what it took today anyway in 4 more days he should be 8 star
    Cool! How long have you had him? If's he's improving to 2stars a season, you can take him until he gets old and maybe keep him until he retires

:O I just realised my new ST's wages are 46k a week! My top 5 highest are 24k (my GK), 12,10 and 10k
    46 is a huge jump! I've got 4 players worth less than that! lol

http://forum.topeleven.com/tutorials...tml#post172548

This is a good guide for beginners. Any Mod here. If yes, please put this along with the link to Pricop's successful manager guide on the first post of this thread, I know mods can edit it. This is becoz Mo doesn't seem to be coming back for some time so she can't edit it so only a mod can. Thanks.

Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast