Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 429
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: The Vent Thread #2

  1. #391
    Moderator Sxrenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,016
    I used to post in these forums, but I gave up and just played the game quietly for what must have been 6 months.

    Tbh I think the only reason I signed up in the first place was so I could distract myself from the really bad aspects of the game by having a place to vent, and to do a team showcase, as other people's praise were the only things I was getting out of my scouts, rather than decent performances.

    I've been having a read of the forums for a good while now without posting, and from what I've observed, all of these vents are falling on deaf ears.

    I can't remember the last time MDKII actually showed some degree of humbleness and admitted the game is totally lackluster in some aspects.

    Also I am surprised to see dv8r and July are fed up, I was expecting both of them to be mods by now, as they were the big personalities on the forums.

    It seems that the criteria for this appointment is to just sit down, shut up, and cover up the silly aspects of the game with meager explanations.

    Not offense intended Cat as you seem like a nice girl, but when I last posted you were a mere member like me, quite new if I remember, and I haven't seen you get angry at this game even once, not even constructively.

    I think what people fail to see here is the mods are just PR and forum policers. I've had some experiences with situations where games needed fixing, with the whole retake mass effect movement on the Bioware forums years back, and we were in the same situation regarding trying to get answers out of mods, and that was with 100's of thousand of people complaining, rather than a couple of hundred.

    It seems the only way to get a change is a mass boycott, which won't happen, as the forum counts for about 2% of the games population, or people to actively campaign, which would involve letters to Nordeus head office, etc.
    Actual solid material, because let's be honest, they've sat there and let us whine for months about the game and done nothing.

    Now I've been constructive here, and it's taken time to write this post, I'd appreciate it if it's allowed to be here.
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 01-28-2014 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Some typo's, punctuation.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

    "You'll Never Walk Alone."



    #JFT96


    I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

  2. #392
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    I used to post in these forums, but I gave up and just played the game quietly for what must have been 6 months.

    Tbh I think the only reason I signed up in the first place was so I could distract myself from the really bad aspects of the game by having a place to vent, and to do a team showcase, as other people's praise were the only things I was getting out of my scouts, rather than decent performances.

    I've been having a read of the forums for a good while now without posting, and from what I've observed, all of these vents are falling on deaf ears.

    I can't remember the last time MDKII actually showed some degree of humbleness and admitted the game is totally lackluster in some aspects.

    Also I am surprised to see dv8r and July are fed up, I was expecting both of them to be mods by now, as they were the big personalities on the forums.

    It seems that the criteria for this appointment is to just sit down, shut up, and cover up the silly aspects of the game with meager explanations.

    Not offense intended Cat as you seem like a nice girl, but when I last posted you were a mere member like me, quite new if I remember, and I haven't seen you get angry at this game even once, not even constructively.

    I think what people fail to see here is the mods are just PR and forum policers. I've had some experiences with situations where games needed fixing, with the whole retake mass effect movement on the Bioware forums years back, and we were in the same situation regarding trying to get answers out of mods, and that was with 100's of thousand of people complaining, rather than a couple of hundred.

    It seems the only way to get a change is a mass boycott, which won't happen, as the forum counts for about 2% of the games population, or people to actively campaign, which would involve letters to Nordeus head office, etc.
    Actual solid material, because let's be honest, they've sat there and let us whine for months about the game and done nothing.

    Now I've been constructive here, and it's taken time to write this post, I'd appreciate it if it's allowed to be here.
    you mentioned the boycott which is the reason why cracicot got banned, according to the posts I was able to dig up. it will be interesting to see how they react to this with what you said.

  3. #393
    Moderator Sxrenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    you mentioned the boycott which is the reason why cracicot got banned, according to the posts I was able to dig up. it will be interesting to see how they react to this with what you said.
    I remember cracicot, he had some really valid points, and hats off to him for saying what was on most people's minds, but he seemed to get too irate with his posts, so i can understand why he may have been a problem individual.

    Note, i only 'suggested' ways, i don't really play this game enough anymore to have the motivation to actively campaign against change, i used to spend a modest amount on tokens months back, but lately i just complete offers for tokens that actually suit me, for example i wanted to place a bet the other day so i did the Ladbrokes offer and hit two birds with one stone.

    But i digress, as i said a boycott wouldn't work if it was purely forum members, and i am not the sort of person to instigate 'Che Guevara' antics.

    I am part of the same group of long term players like July and Dv8r who've grown tired of the game, there's just not been enough updates to keep me interested, so like i said, i don't have much interest or motivation to seek change anymore.

    That being said, i have always looked upon the forums as a community filled with some interesting and intelligent individuals, it's just a shame to see some of their hard work and effort fall upon deaf ears.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

    "You'll Never Walk Alone."



    #JFT96


    I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

  4. #394
    Addicted BigB79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    I remember cracicot, he had some really valid points, and hats off to him for saying what was on most people's minds, but he seemed to get too irate with his posts, so i can understand why he may have been a problem individual.

    Note, i only 'suggested' ways, i don't really play this game enough anymore to have the motivation to actively campaign against change, i used to spend a modest amount on tokens months back, but lately i just complete offers for tokens that actually suit me, for example i wanted to place a bet the other day so i did the Ladbrokes offer and hit two birds with one stone.

    But i digress, as i said a boycott wouldn't work if it was purely forum members, and i am not the sort of person to instigate 'Che Guevara' antics.

    I am part of the same group of long term players like July and Dv8r who've grown tired of the game, there's just not been enough updates to keep me interested, so like i said, i don't have much interest or motivation to seek change anymore.

    That being said, i have always looked upon the forums as a community filled with some interesting and intelligent individuals, it's just a shame to see some of their hard work and effort fall upon deaf ears.
    The chances of getting any changes in this game is a big fat zilch!!! Look at the whole friendly fiasco, everyone on this forum was telling them that we wanted to be able to reject friendly requests but Nordeus ignores everyone and does something completely different.

    I asked if we could get another ask the devs thing going, last week MDKII said he would find out, today I asked if there was any update on it and MDKII completely ignores it and I know he has been on because he posted on another thread 10mins later.

    Since I started on this forum last May I've noticed alot more people complaining how bad the game has got and alot more people saying they have stopped buying tokens. We can only hope this keeps spreading and Nordeus one day get the message.

  5. #395
    English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    StL
    Posts
    8,062
    Yes I try to be nice, thank you and believe or not I do have some vents in this thread I think, or maybe it was the Unsatisfactory result thread.
    The Moderators' job is to pretty much make sure the Forum Rules are followed. I can't be a spokesperson for the company, that would be for an employee to be. I do wish there was faster improvements to the game, but sometimes that can backfire too, and I guess that is what they try to avoid. Like the current thing with the match times that has everyone going nuts (I don't blame 'em mine I have many 3 match days) but no one is saying yeah it's great they aren't 15 minutes apart? I still have a lot of fun playing the game, and hope they catch on to what their user base really wants.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #396
    Moderator Sxrenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    The chances of getting any changes in this game is a big fat zilch!!! Look at the whole friendly fiasco, everyone on this forum was telling them that we wanted to be able to reject friendly requests but Nordeus ignores everyone and does something completely different.

    I asked if we could get another ask the devs thing going, last week MDKII said he would find out, today I asked if there was any update on it and MDKII completely ignores it and I know he has been on because he posted on another thread 10mins later.

    Since I started on this forum last May I've noticed alot more people complaining how bad the game has got and alot more people saying they have stopped buying tokens. We can only hope this keeps spreading and Nordeus one day get the message.
    On the friendly note, it never affected me, as i was wise as to who i would friend on the game. I never had an issue with unwanted games, but it did take a stupidly long time to implement the fix, as they were likely weighing up whether the outcry for change outweighed the income they received from people having to buy rest and treatment packs to sort their players out in time for the next game.

    I have to say the update has made things much better, but it could have been implemented much faster, and in a way that the players actually wanted, rather than something totally different.

    At the end of the day, the customer is always right. We are the people investing time and money into the game, and we should have a much better relation with the developers. I actually feel sorry for the mods at times, when they aren't coming across as ignorant. (I won't name names).

    I can imagine what their inboxes look like though.

    I wouldn't want the job, and i probably wouldn't get it either, i've criticized the game.
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 01-28-2014 at 12:11 PM.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

    "You'll Never Walk Alone."



    #JFT96


    I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

  7. #397
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    The chances of getting any changes in this game is a big fat zilch!!! Look at the whole friendly fiasco, everyone on this forum was telling them that we wanted to be able to reject friendly requests but Nordeus ignores everyone and does something completely different.

    I asked if we could get another ask the devs thing going, last week MDKII said he would find out, today I asked if there was any update on it and MDKII completely ignores it and I know he has been on because he posted on another thread 10mins later.

    Since I started on this forum last May I've noticed alot more people complaining how bad the game has got and alot more people saying they have stopped buying tokens. We can only hope this keeps spreading and Nordeus one day get the message.
    tbh, the friendly request thing has been dealt with in an acceptable fashion. it is not what we wanted but the end result is that it wont affect our players, which is what we wanted at the end of the day. the issue we have with that is the time taken to get a solution, which shows the lack of caring on nordees fault.

    the ask the devs issue is one we are all waiting for. I have several questions already saved in a text file for this. will it happen? who knows. should it happen? 100%. they need to poke their head out of the curtains to show everyone that they care. ask the devs is the perfect way to do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    At the end of the day, the customer is always right. We are the people investing time and money into the game, and we should have a much better relation with the developers. I actually feel sorry for the mods at times, when they aren't coming across as ignorant. (I won't name names).
    I know who you are talking about anyways so you dont have to name this mod. and saying this mod is ignorant is an understatement.
    Last edited by rastaman70; 01-28-2014 at 12:59 PM.

  8. #398
    Moderator Sxrenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    tbh, the friendly request thing has been dealt with in an acceptable fashion. it is not what we wanted but the end result is that it wont affect our players, which is what we wanted at the end of the day. the issue we have with that is the time taken to get a solution, which shows the lack of caring on nordees fault.

    the ask the devs issue is one we are all waiting for. I have several questions already saved in a text file for this. will it happen? who knows. should it happen? 100%. they need to poke their head out of the curtains to show everyone that they care. ask the devs is the perfect way to do this.
    I think the problem with 'ask the devs', from reading the previous articles is that;

    The devs will pick and choose which questions they want to answer, i've noticed they answer some really obvious questions that I or any other forum member could have answered.

    They'll likely ignore a question that they believe they can't answer properly, and won't consider questions where they believe the answer would create friction with players.

    The simple solution would be a sort of video interview, or a live chat or phone in session over Skype, Radio, or other platforms that we could view, where answers had to be given.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

    "You'll Never Walk Alone."



    #JFT96


    I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

  9. #399
    Addicted BigB79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    tbh, the friendly request thing has been dealt with in an acceptable fashion. it is not what we wanted but the end result is that it wont affect our players, which is what we wanted at the end of the day. the issue we have with that is the time taken to get a solution, which shows the lack of caring on nordees fault.

    the ask the devs issue is one we are all waiting for. I have several questions already saved in a text file for this. will it happen? who knows. should it happen? 100%. they need to poke their head out of the curtains to show everyone that they care. ask the devs is the perfect way to do this.
    Totally agree with you, the new friendly system is better but it wouldn't have been hard to improve it. The issue is that they didn't listen to the people playing the game and the length of time it took. I honestly think that they think we are all a bunch of idiots.

    As for asking the devs....I doubt it will happen, it's been a week since MDKII said he would ask, how long can it take to ask some people a simple question? I think its very telling that I asked for an update on this happening and then MDKII posts on another thread and ignores my question.

  10. #400
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    388
    What's winding me up on here is the little trolls nest that think they can gang up and bully others.
    Last edited by TypTex; 01-28-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast