Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Can't stand 'Tankers' - its cheating and should be discouraged

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    HINT: Read back posts before posting - 80% of your 'rant' makes no sense. I shouldn't even waste my time responding to you but here it is one last time.

Relegation: So you say that a team should GAIN a star when relegated?. If relegation was an option this is obviously how it would work, however losing a star does not change the quality of the team. It simply adjusts the star ranking according to the level upgrade. So if you were relegated you would lose a star yet your team would still be of the same quality. Therefore like i said earlier you could effectively have teams with 60 quality getting relegated over and over all the way down to a league/level where teams of 20 quality are playing. This is what would happen - people would intentionally get relegated in order to dominate leagues and it would be very unfair and off putting to lower ranked teams/newbies to be playing against teams they have no chance of beating.

Tanking vs Tokens - Your statement about Token buying being as much 'cheating' as tankning is probably the most dumb thing i have read in my time at this forum. In fact i feel a little stupider after reading it. People may not like it but you NEED tokens to play this game and in REAL football there are teams with lots of money who can improve there squad to high levels, as there is also poorer teams that cannot afford to buy top players. The same counts in Top eleven, tere are players with lost of real money that buy tokens to improve there squad and there are players that cant afford or simply choose not to buy tokens. (See the resemblance there)
    Tanking on the other hand is a player intentionally losing/throwing matches in order to rig competition draws and have a better chance of winning the next year. In REAL football if a team was to tank (Intentionally lose matches/throw matches) it WOULD be cheating and would result in major fines and even a team being thrown out of the league. (See the resemblance there)

Therefore token buying is obviously not cheating - It is a feature programmed into the game by the developers.

Tanking is cheating and apart from it being cheating it is unethical as Top Eleven is all about competition and who wants to play against teams that throw matches? Tankers are also known to tank in order to get easier cup draws. Your argument is flawed.
    seeing your posts, I dont believe you need anything to make you feel stupider, you do it naturally. That is because you cannot see the other side of the argument since you are so biased. Same as typtex. You both cant see that tanking is not cheating. Buying tokens has the same affect = manipulating the game. both of you are hypocrites. Mark, i read the first paragraph of your post and just gave up reading becauese of the nonsense, same with typtex. you start off with hypocritical remarks which makes the rest of your post unreadable or unworthy of reading.

losing to win is the same as paying to win. one takes time,the other take money. for those of us who dont pay to play this game, tanking is the only way to compete if you dont farm tokens. for July 4th to put a post to teach people how to do it shows that it is not cheating as well as it not being banned by nordeus.

you want to play against other managers who want to win? good for you. then email nordeus support and tell them to delete all the non active accounts first. then tell them to not allow illegal formations to prvent tanking.

Look the flaw in yoru arguement is your hyprocracy. you only go after tankers and not token buyers who manipulate the game as well. also this game is not a race, as you dont have to get promoted to be successful. just because you dont watn to be promoted and to stay at a level does not mean you dont have a winning mentality. I will lose next season so i can win the next. I want to win, but realize that i cannot with the current team until they get stronger and i will not spend tokens to do that.

open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    seeing your posts, I dont believe you need anything to make you feel stupider, you do it naturally. That is because you cannot see the other side of the argument since you are so biased. Same as typtex. You both cant see that tanking is not cheating. Buying tokens has the same affect = manipulating the game. both of you are hypocrites. Mark, i read the first paragraph of your post and just gave up reading becauese of the nonsense, same with typtex. you start off with hypocritical remarks which makes the rest of your post unreadable or unworthy of reading.

losing to win is the same as paying to win. one takes time,the other take money. for those of us who dont pay to play this game, tanking is the only way to compete if you dont farm tokens. for July 4th to put a post to teach people how to do it shows that it is not cheating as well as it not being banned by nordeus.

you want to play against other managers who want to win? good for you. then email nordeus support and tell them to delete all the non active accounts first. then tell them to not allow illegal formations to prvent tanking.

Look the flaw in yoru arguement is your hyprocracy. you only go after tankers and not token buyers who manipulate the game as well. also this game is not a race, as you dont have to get promoted to be successful. just because you dont watn to be promoted and to stay at a level does not mean you dont have a winning mentality. I will lose next season so i can win the next. I want to win, but realize that i cannot with the current team until they get stronger and i will not spend tokens to do that.

open your eyes.
    nobody blame you if you really have a poor team. but the probleme is some people can finish 2nd 3rd, even 1st but he decide to tank in the 1st week. What the hell it is.
    i don't see any problem if you tanking for the league.
    rastaman70 likes this.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Rookie
    Personally I would tank a season if I felt CL qualification was out of the question. But until that stage I have no intention of ever tanking. Some may look down on it, but if I cant finish top 4 one season, the next I wont stand a chance and so on. And its not that fun competing for 5th 6th and 7th.
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Four
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six
    League Champion|Cup Last 16|Champions League Group Stage

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    I'm saying people should play the game the way it was meant to be played. Nordeus meant for people to spend money if they wanted to. They didn't mean for people to tank. It takes away from the games competitiveness, and it sucks that they're being rewarded for losing. But let's just stop arguing about this because it isn't helping anyone.
    I cant belive that you say that tanking is taking away competitiveness, but dont seems to think that about tokens....I am sorry I dont want to sound insulting but common sense should tell you that those two things are exactly the same regarding manipulating system
    rastaman70 likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    Bye Bye and thanks for trying join in, and best of luck in losing your next match. (That pesky troll result that lets you win every now and then .. so so annoying eh!)
    Bye bye to your sense, if you read my post you would saw that I havet tanked anything yet and its posible that I wont eaither but I dont see tanking more chearing than buying tokens
    rastaman70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krile007 View Post
    I cant belive that you say that tanking is taking away competitiveness, but dont seems to think that about tokens....I am sorry I dont want to sound insulting but common sense should tell you that those two things are exactly the same regarding manipulating system
    Common sense tells me that tokens were put into the game by the creators of the game for people to buy and use. I'm the one without common sense?
    Marc Symons likes this.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    Common sense tells me that tokens were put into the game by the creators of the game for people to buy and use. I'm the one without common sense?
    no thats not what he is saying, he is saying that buying tokens is equivalent to tanking in terms of game manipulation. there are other ways(tanking) to increase the strength of your team other than using tokens, why not use it?

open your eyes.
    You are an actual idiot. You move from thread to thread arguing and insulting. I debate, there is a difference. Everything i have to say on the matter is written in the post that you quoted. I do NOT tank and i do NOT buy tokens, therefore you calling me bias is ridiculous. As a person that does neither i started out as a natural, and after understanding both sets of facts i concluded that tanking is cheating and i stand by that. I have nothing else to say to you, you are a troll and i refuse to feed a troll.
    festinator likes this.

no thats not what he is saying, he is saying that buying tokens is equivalent to tanking in terms of game manipulation. there are other ways(tanking) to increase the strength of your team other than using tokens, why not use it?
    How is it manipulating the game when its part of the game and the tokens are there for you to buy? What you guys mean is, tanking and buying tokens are both the same in that you give your team a better chance to win. The difference is, by tanking you're cheating the system. Not cheating, but cheating the system.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

Dreamer
    seeing your posts, I dont believe you need anything to make you feel stupider, you do it naturally. That is because you cannot see the other side of the argument since you are so biased. Same as typtex.
    When my view is that every player should play the game wanting to win ... and that's a pretty simple, basic view, I don't feel any need to feel sympathy to "the other side" the other side that want to lose.

So if wanting to win, not lose, makes me stupid, as you point out, then I'm in some pretty good company and that's everyone else who plays sport at any level. Winning is what normal people aim for. Not losing.

If you get a kick out of rolling over and having your tummy tickled every match then great for you, people have perverse fetishes in life.
    But when your perversion for wanting to be a loser affects others, normal people, players who come here to win, wanting to beat other normal people, people also wanting to win, then your perversion becomes a problem.
    littledude072 likes this.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast