Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: losing interest fast...

Rookie
    When my 5* team full of trained players loses to a 1* team who's manager didn't take a look at it for a month I make conclusion that something is wrong with this game. I was stupid enough to spend some money at the beginning, but now I really regret it.
    itayfranko and Belgji like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    I still disagree with losing interest/giving up if a few results have gone badly for a player, in my opinion that's the time when a team needs to be shaken up and new tactics employed to get the team back to winning ways.

But I also disagree with this games troll engine, if I'd have known about it I wouldn't have started playing.
    I don't mind being beaten by an inferior team where the manager uses better tactics to get a result, or even my players under performing and giving the game away, all this happens every week in football.
    What I don't like is the thought of a well organised team losing to an unmanaged team who has a striker playing in goal, just because the engine has selected your team to be trolled.
    If your team is selected to be trolled there should be a way of being able to change things (in play) so the "troll" can be cancelled out. (and I'm still thinking this can be done, I'm just not sure).

So while I'm against giving up if things don't go well for a few games, with the troll engine present in this game I can understand why players feel like this.
    I agree with you about giving up if a few results go against you in real life,where would Man Utd be if SAF gave up in his first season? But with the troll engine its easy to see why people would just give up.
    Belgji likes this.
    WE WELCOME THE CHASE.

Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    I still disagree with losing interest/giving up if a few results have gone badly for a player, in my opinion that's the time when a team needs to be shaken up and new tactics employed to get the team back to winning ways.

But I also disagree with this games troll engine, if I'd have known about it I wouldn't have started playing.
    I don't mind being beaten by an inferior team where the manager uses better tactics to get a result, or even my players under performing and giving the game away, all this happens every week in football.
    What I don't like is the thought of a well organised team losing to an unmanaged team who has a striker playing in goal, just because the engine has selected your team to be trolled.
    If your team is selected to be trolled there should be a way of being able to change things (in play) so the "troll" can be cancelled out. (and I'm still thinking this can be done, I'm just not sure).

So while I'm against giving up if things don't go well for a few games, with the troll engine present in this game I can understand why players feel like this.
    that was a good quote, its nice to see someone else positive

as for me im fence sitting ATM. i get trolled by weaker teams, yet i troll stronger teams? i can easily admit defeat if its nice and fair. hell, i can even admit defeat if i lost my only 2 wins in the league against stronger teams, but i wont admit defeat against the weaker teams with mostly 1*, terrible tactics, 30-70 (or worse) possession but somehow steals a winner (even by a huge difference). thats just my view
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

I think that some people do not have the tactical thinking should only be placed at position 7.8, and I have to champion
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

Apprentice
    There have been many troll results in my cup this season. I've already seen three players knocked out who I thought for sure would go far. Of course I'm absolutely happy to see them gone, but I just had a taste of the troll engine as well. I got a draw against a much worst team at home, so now I'm in desperate need for an away victory. I am putting my fist through a wall if I lose the second leg tmw

Rookie
    ok, I'v decided to put my theory to the test:

In my opinion - tactics, orders, arrows and so on have nothing to do with the outcome of the game.
    If the game engine wants you to win - you'll win, if it wants you to lose - you'll lose.

So I'm going to use stupid (but legal) tactics with idiotic arrows and orders to see what will happen...
    (see pictures).

the game is in 3 hours.
    losing interest fast...-order.jpglosing interest fast...-tact.jpg
    aiureah and Belgji like this.

4am
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by itayfranko View Post
    In my opinion - tactics, orders, arrows and so on have nothing to do with the outcome of the game.
    I suspect you may be partly right.

Although the features you refer to exist, some don't appear to have been developed sufficiently to have a telling impact. I also suspect that if they did, the developers would be telling us about it; I believe I'm right in saying the purpose of arrows and the way to use them beneficially has never been adequately explained?

Essentially, every game you play in T11 is won or lost based upon the number of stars your players have. If you beat a stronger team/lose to a weaker team, I've seen nothing in 20 seasons to suggest it was the result of the player's tactical expertise/inexperience (as much as we'd like to think that was the case).
    Last edited by 4am; 11-25-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    olina1 likes this.

The results are in!

Just as I suspected - tactics and orders have nothing to do with the result.
    I managed to win 5:0 with tactics and orders that should have made me lose easily...
    more than that, I got an injury on the 47th minute and didn't bother replacing the player,
    so I played with 10 men almost half of the game...

Admittedly, my opponent was weaker, but he should have at least drawn....
    I have one more game today, against a strong opponent, I will use the same tactics and orders...

pics:
    losing interest fast...-1.jpglosing interest fast...-2.jpg
    Last edited by olina1; 11-25-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    aiureah and Belgji like this.

4am
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by olina1 View Post
    Just as I suspected - tactics and orders have nothing to do with the result.
    I'm not sure it's quite as easy as that olina, but your set-up/formation there is a fairly damning indictment on the game's tactical accuracy.

Interested to see your next post.

Just saw the match report for my in game friends cup match which he lost 6-2 to a weaker team, with formation countered, and his opponents one player injured very early and not replaced, my friend haveing 73% possession, he was watching, opponent not!!!!!! WTH!!!!!!
    olina1 and Belgji like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast