View Poll Results: is tanking = cheating?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

11 18.33%
  • hell NO.. if buying tokens is fair, this one is fair too then

37 61.67%
  • Don't know

12 20.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: is tanking=cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    While that is true, it should also be noted that promotion in England is something that a club can choose to turn down. Whitley Bay for example continually turn down promotion as do West Auckland Town from the Northern League because they believe losing out on playing in the FA Trophy, added with increased traveling costs would put both clubs in trouble with going bust.

On the other side of that coin, 5 years ago Durham City won promotion from the Unibond North into the Unibond Premier and were then told by the football association that if they got promoted again they wouldn't be allowed to go into the Conference due to playing on an artificial pitch. As a result their main sponsor pulled out and all their players left the club to play for other teams. Instead of spending to stay in the league Durham deliberately decided to play collage kids for the season, to save on wages and to take relegation and regroup the year after. Kettering did a similar thing a year later, leaving the Conference National, while teams like Darlington and Chester have pulled out from leagues too to cut running costs - with the latter two reforming as new clubs the following season.

To try and say "this is what happens in real life" and use that as a reason why people shouldn't put weaker sides out in this game is just flawed. Only 2 seasons ago in the Premiership Reading put a weak side out against one of the top teams, as they had a relegation 6 pointer 3 days later with another club. If a team qualifys for the Champions League with a game to spare they put out a second string (even happens in the World Cup where the better players are rested), or if a big team is playing a smaller one in the FA Cup the big names often sit out. The league cup, the Paint Trophy and at Non League level, the County Cups, often see second elevens played as part of "squad rotation". The argument being is if a player is registered with the club they can play in any game in any position.

This is just a game. The user can play what ever formation he wants, with as many players out of position. It's not cheating in my opinion unless they have more than one team in the league and they deliberately throw games against themselves.
    Turning down a promotion isn't the same as throwing all of your games. You can't turn down promotion in top 11 anyways. It may not be cheating to tank, but it definitely takes away from the spirit of the game, and it can screw over other people too. In real life, turning down a promotion is obviously a fair thing to do. If a team decided to throw all their games, discipline would obviously be taken against them.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Exactly!! do "everything", like me, for example that waste tokens to put the matches when the other team is sleeping, to play alone and win more easy

that's cheating? no. thats "strategy". (^-^) like in the comand and conquer. like in the war.. you can attack in the day.. or in the night... with a gun... or a bazooka
    Treating each match like a war where anything goes as long as you win. ... love it ... in this scenario the tankers would be the kids down the road who turn up sometimes and let your tyres down or steal your ammo just as you going out to do battle.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    Well thats the fault of nordeus making the game unfair, not other players. And I'm pretty sure every country has different options to get free tokens in some way.
    Is not Nordeus fault because some country have more or less videos and offers Every company/person is free to choose where he want to advertise his product and I think it's fair.

I live in Romania and I saw last video 3,4 seasons ago, here is empty like in Goby.
    festinator and Belgji like this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

I have a couple of ideas that would stop tanking

1. All skill points must be allocated before the next match, or they are lost.

2. In real life, after a training session, the manager doesn't decide which skills a player gets better at, the player just gets better, so maybe the skill points are automatically allocated after every match/training session. To give more control perhaps the training sessions should be split into three groups: defence, attack and physical/mental.

The only problem with these is that it would give the token buyers an advantage, but hey Chelsea? Man City? The premier league's equivalent of token buyers

Quote Originally Posted by Nosbig Kram View Post

2. In real life, after a training session, the manager doesn't decide which skills a player gets better at, the player just gets better, so maybe the skill points are automatically allocated after every match/training session. To give more control perhaps the training sessions should be split into three groups: defence, attack and physical/mental.

The only problem with these is that it would give the token buyers an advantage, but hey Chelsea? Man City? The premier league's equivalent of token buyers

1-no. and really... is not a solution, I tanked during 2 months assigning all the skill points the same day, and, nothing changes, I was 12th and 13th.

2-automatic version of the game will delete the form of train of some players, (like me) and... that will be boring, and not real because if one thing is true in real life is that if you wanna win 10kg of muscle, you can train to obtain it. The same the goalkeeper that wanna be in better position to stop a foul, all is training training and training to be better in this sense.
    Tanking is an strategy, that makes you fight for trophies 1 month yeah, and 2, no. All depends of your patience, and your bank account, of course.
    festinator and Cat Harrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosbig Kram View Post

I dont really see how the first one would stop tanking.. Not all tankers leave their skill points to the end of the season and I dont think it really affects anything, except their draw for the cup. I think the training is fine the way it is. Let's not start this discussion again. It never actually led to anything except frustration.. Well I got frustrated anyways LOL.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456