Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Are results pre-determined before a ball is kicked?

Quote Originally Posted by giananton View Post
    Ok guys, please watch this: 3-4 seasons back, I was playing against THE SAME TEAM for Champions League and after 30 minutes for League. My opponent was not online in both games. First match I won 6-0! Second match with same tactic, players (which I gave them rests also), etc (I wasn't stupid to change a thing) the score was 0-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first thought was he hadn't given any bonus for Champions League and he probably gave the most he could for League. But on the other hand, his players (which were the same in 2 games by the way) must been tired, right??? This is not "normal"... don't you agree???
    I did this back in L9 against a friend club...

LGE: July Fourth 2-2 SINPED FC
    CL: July Fourth 4-0 SINPED FC

Both matches were at home, played the same day, tactics used were the same. The league result certainly played a part in not winning anything during L9.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

don't think so
    Tarantini Master

Season 1: 1st place.
    Season 2: 3rd place and 2nd on CL.

Season 3: Currently at 2nd place, 22/30 points.

i think they are precalculated since there is millions of mataches played everyday, it would be way more difficult to run everything in real time simulation....sure there are factors during the game that might have some influence on the game....but thats prolly also calculated into before the match.
    Yinhung likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dimology View Post
    i think they are precalculated since there is millions of mataches played everyday, it would be way more difficult to run everything in real time simulation....sure there are factors during the game that might have some influence on the game....but thats prolly also calculated into before the match.
    If you notice... those matches are spread out across the day.... and each server is independent.... so millions of matches is a meaningless term in this discussion...

There is clearly some randomness built into the game... would be lunacy not to....

Some evidence is gained when a sub comes in AND changes position on the field from the previous player.... then scores a goal or gains a card....

This "could" be sophisticated coding... but that's more labor intensive than random number generation.....

Plus there have been matches that were simulated.... only for some system error to damage the file forcing the game to be re-simulated... win have turned into losses... again indicating less pre-determination
    Newark City

Season 1 - 4th Place.... but hey....

A server can handle thousands of teams and matches in a day, Look at football manager on your PC.

I installed Football Manager 2013 and left it to run on holiday simulating about 32 english league seasons in a day.

Premier League = 380 matches a season
    Championship = 557 matches a season
    League 1 = 557 matches a season
    League 2 = 557 matches a season
    Conference = 557 matches a season
    Conference North = 557 matches a season
    Conference South = 557 matches a season

Champions League Inc Qualifying Stages = 223 matches a season
    Europa League Inc Qualifying Stages = 456 Matches a season

League Cup = 93 matches a season
    FA Cup Including qualifiers = 757 matches a season
    FA Trophy = 265 matches a season
    Johnstones Paint Trophy = 49 matches a season

Total (not including friendlies/reserve matches) 5,565 matches a season.

5,565 x 32 = 178,080 matches

World Cup (including qualifiers) = 912 matches x 8 world cups for 32 years
    The Euros (including qualifiers) = 279 matches x 8 euros for 32 years

Add about another 10,000 or so matches, and if you throw in friendlies my computer would of calculated at least 250,000 matches in a day.

I think a Top Eleven server can handle simulation of football matches very easily.

Not forgetting the number of new players and transfers the game had to generate while this was ongoing.

If I decided to run Championship Manager 01/02 for a whole day, the number of simulated matches would easily be over a million on my computer and this would be an engine that would be more comparable to Top Eleven than football manager 2013.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 03-06-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    A server can handle thousands of teams and matches in a day, Look at football manager on your PC.

I installed Football Manager 2013 and left it to run on holiday simulating about 32 english league seasons in a day.

Premier League = 380 matches a season
    Championship = 557 matches a season
    League 1 = 557 matches a season
    League 2 = 557 matches a season
    Conference = 557 matches a season
    Conference North = 557 matches a season
    Conference South = 557 matches a season

Champions League Inc Qualifying Stages = 223 matches a season
    Europa League Inc Qualifying Stages = 456 Matches a season

League Cup = 93 matches a season
    FA Cup Including qualifiers = 757 matches a season
    FA Trophy = 265 matches a season
    Johnstones Paint Trophy = 49 matches a season

Total (not including friendlies/reserve matches) 5,565 matches a season.

5,565 x 32 = 178,080 matches

World Cup (including qualifiers) = 912 matches x 8 world cups for 32 years
    The Euros (including qualifiers) = 279 matches x 8 euros for 32 years

Add about another 10,000 or so matches, and if you throw in friendlies my computer would of calculated at least 250,000 matches in a day.

I think a Top Eleven server can handle simulation of football matches very easily.

Not forgetting the number of new players and transfers the game had to generate while this was ongoing.

If I decided to run Championship Manager 01/02 for a whole day, the number of simulated matches would easily be over a million on my computer and this would be an engine that would be more comparable to Top Eleven than football manager 2013.
    So I'm guessing that even with the rambling discourse you presented... that you basically agree with me... that simulating matches is not that difficult even including the introduction of haphazard variables.... yes?
    Newark City

Season 1 - 4th Place.... but hey....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyroshill View Post
    So I'm guessing that even with the rambling discourse you presented... that you basically agree with me... that simulating matches is not that difficult even including the introduction of haphazard variables.... yes?
    Well if my own computer (or anyone elses) can simulate thousands of matches each day using Football or Championship Manager, then it doesn't take much for Nordeus to calculate all their games on their servers using similar software.

250,000+ Football Manager matches can be generated on my own laptop a day and these matches can be viewed with highlights after they have all been generated.

Lets say 100,000 Teams per top eleven server playing 2 matches/day each, thats 100,000 matches per server and they only have minimal data for statistics compared to Football Manager 2013.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 03-06-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Yes, the game engine seems to give you advantages if you spend tokens. Once you stop spending tokens you will start to get bad rezults. It happened to me a few times. Last time i won both my league and the cup because i got 4 players the day before both final match in league and in the cup.
    PS: i'm sure because i lost both games agains both players ( league and cup in the first match, basically with the same team and same tactics)

Are results pre-determined before a ball is kicked?-1.jpg

I hope i will not lose or make a draw on my champions league match agains a 2* illegal team.

THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE. the scamming level is too high. I hope things either will settle out or alot of people will quit and things will come back to normal!

Up. This topic should be mainstream.
    July Fourth likes this.
    - My Jersey designs : First | Second | Third -

Buying tokens does not mean success. Each season since I started playing, I have bought 70 tokens, except season 7, when I went mad and bought 300. That turned out to be my WORSE season, finishing 5th in league and failing to qualify for Champs League for the only time.

So the game engine does not favour token buyers.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast