Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: When to sell.........??

Apprentice

When to sell.........??

So, I've got a DMR/MR player who is a 5*, 19 year old and an incredibly fast trainer, his value is £4.19M and all signs suggest he should be an excellent asset for me.

Trouble is, his average rating is only just over 6 and he often gets ratings of 4 and 5 in games.

I can't carry a player like this, I've had him for just over a season and I have tried everything I can think of to improve his form. I wanted to give him a chance but its getting to the stage where I don't think he'll ever improve his form.

Is it worth giving a little longer?? Bearing in mind hes only 19?? Or is he quite simply a dud and should I cash in and use the transfer money on finding a replacement?

i have the same trouble with my players. i bought fast trainers 5* stars, for over 300million euros and scouts ( I'm level 12). All have very poor ratings most 4,5 max 6. something going wrong with Top11 sience 2 month. no videos ,bad forms and many more
    Gat Manar likes this.

I had same problems players playing bad and did not go in higher level even if i was among top teams but weakest did go. My player would just keep recieving 4 or 5 but now this season they are good again i am 4th even if i lost 3 in row but just few moments ago i beat first guy with 5-0. It was wierd to lose 3 in row with 1-0 even if i score avg 3 goals per game and recive only 1. But what can you do. I hope my team can keep this form.

If you have young players performing bad dont sell them they will regeing they form try to use them us much as posible in friendly matches and train them. Try to renew they contract and try to raise bonuses for win.
    It is wierd but there is always ups and downs. Yoda would say: be patient young jedi.
    Last edited by kuky_k; 01-25-2014 at 05:41 PM.

I, too, am in a similar situation with an Academy player of mine that I got last season.

He is also 19 years old, a CM and is currently 4* (level 10). He's consistently rated as a 5 in matches, although he did rate a 7 in his last League match. He's also rated better in some friendlies I've used him in. Of the three CM's I have, he's got the greatest cumulative score, but I can't really use him - at least in important matches - when he's being so mediocre. I could get an easy $24MM for him by selling, but am also trying to decide if he's a keeper or transfer bait.

What do our more experienced managers suggest? Keep playing them in the hopes of improvement with age/experience, or sell now and get what we can for them?

Quote Originally Posted by HazmatCorntail View Post
    I, too, am in a similar situation with an Academy player of mine that I got last season.

He is also 19 years old, a CM and is currently 4* (level 10). He's consistently rated as a 5 in matches, although he did rate a 7 in his last League match. He's also rated better in some friendlies I've used him in. Of the three CM's I have, he's got the greatest cumulative score, but I can't really use him - at least in important matches - when he's being so mediocre. I could get an easy $24MM for him by selling, but am also trying to decide if he's a keeper or transfer bait.

What do our more experienced managers suggest? Keep playing them in the hopes of improvement with age/experience, or sell now and get what we can for them?
    Dont sell him just use him in friendly matches so he can pass this bad form. I had already few young with 5 stars players(one of them from my academy) that used to perform bad but i was persistent and now they are finally good again. I used to buy younger players in bad form( ok not too bad like all 4, but that had 5 and 6 in last few games) and turn them into good again becuse I dont need to use lot tokens on them becuse not many players bid for them due to bad form. I won 2 World cups and was second in league in last 3 season with players that had bad match rating in they previous clubs.
    Last edited by kuky_k; 01-25-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Apprentice
    Any idea how long the bad form will last? Cause I've played him in three friendlies today and he was rubbish in all of them......

Apprentice
    why do you all care about rate? I don't think rates are relistic nor useful. Just to say.. in my last match I won 5-0. My gk got a 5, the opponent gk 8. and also the average rating of all the oppont players are comparable to mine
    I still preffer my team :-)
    Med78 likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gat Manar View Post
    why do you all care about rate? I don't think rates are relistic nor useful. Just to say.. in my last match I won 5-0. My gk got a 5, the opponent gk 8. and also the average rating of all the oppont players are comparable to mine
    I still preffer my team :-)
    Because my whole form is poor. I wouldn't be bothered if I was winning games 5-0 but I'm not - here fore I'm trying to find a solution.

the stat is a lie. just rely on ye goo' olde fashioned gut instinct. rumours have it, it can also predict the weather better than brick tamland
    Med78 likes this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

It will take longer not one day, week in game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast