Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Like Tree314Likes

Thread: that awkward moment when crazy token buyers are fighting for their pride and dignity

Quote Originally Posted by Joshiko View Post
    same guy
    How many Tokens?
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    How many Tokens?
    51 + 43 = 94 tokens

and still he didn't get the player he wanted

Really, the guy in 2nd is the winner because he didnt waste so much money

Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    Really, the guy in 2nd is the winner because he didnt waste so much money
    imho, there's no winner once you reach 25+ rounds
    you let your emotion controls your hand and then you are left with 2 choices : get the player (which you can also sell later) but make another investment (+25 tokens minimum) or lose the player and lose the tokens

in that situation, for me there's no winner

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bilro View Post
    How about this :

Market Value: $3.1M
    Sold for: $18.8M

That's six times more than the market value, and players are sold lower than market value at first anyway. The real winner is the manager that sold this player. He must have but him there for $2M, and now ...

Well, anyway, 18.8M isn't that useful on its own.
    Exeter FC - Season 2 (21.5)

Past 5 games: W - W - W - W -W

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 2 - 5th (yeah, err, yeah. See above.)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Joshiko View Post
    imho, there's no winner once you reach 25+ rounds
    you let your emotion controls your hand and then you are left with 2 choices : get the player (which you can also sell later) but make another investment (+25 tokens minimum) or lose the player and lose the tokens

in that situation, for me there's no winner
    The only winner here would be Nordeus.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

i wanted to sign a player but decided not at the last seconds after a wave of bidders start raining , stayed around to see if i did the right choice .. well .. it was a bloodshed .. 6-7 bidding till round 6 or 8 , then only reduced to 3 by round 15 , and then only 2 left by early stages .. it finished at round 23.. the player was listed for 900k and the bid winner end up paying more than 4 times that price . .. problem when i checked both teams, they can't afford him and the whole team can't cover that 4m when he will be forced to sell, so did they noticed the price hike had jumped 4 times more his price tag or they were just fighting for their dignity ..
    that awkward moment when crazy token buyers are fighting for their pride and dignity-untitledgggggg.jpg

ps. out of interest what happens to a club when can't pay his debt and even sales of players can cover ? are they gonna be wiped out?
    Last edited by shwanko07; 02-17-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    i wanted to sign a player but decided not at the last seconds after a wave of bidders start raining , stayed around to see if i did the right choice .. well .. it was a bloodshed .. 6-7 bidding till round 6 or 8 , then only reduced to 3 by round 15 , and then only 2 left by early stages .. it finished at round 23.. the player was listed for 900k and the bid winner end up paying more than 4 times that price . .. problem when i checked both teams, they can't afford him and the whole team can't cover that 4m when he will be forced to sell, so did they noticed the price hike had jumped 4 times more his price tag or they were just fighting for their dignity ..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitledgggggg.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	2301

ps. out of interest what happens to a club when can't pay his debt and even sales of players can cover ? are they gonna be wiped out?
    Their players will keep getting sold until they are out of debt. If it means selling all their players then so be it

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitledgggggg.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	2301

Look like a nice player but he's just 4 stars, if he would be 5 stars I would give so much tokens for him.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Their players will keep getting sold until they are out of debt. If it means selling all their players then so be it
    but he will not have enough players to play, isn't? meaning he will forfeit all matches? guess the remaining money will be then paid by match tickets sales and TV bonuses till he clear out his debt
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast