Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Like Tree314Likes

Thread: that awkward moment when crazy token buyers are fighting for their pride and dignity

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Gaule View Post
    Nice! These come up in your transfer market?
    aside from 2 i bought 5* , the rest were all 4* , actually one was even 3* but with SA
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Shu View Post
    How much do u have to spend to get 18yo 6*....
    i buy only high trainers .. i get around 10-12 green a day from watching video in FB.. and some other offers for tokens all invested back on greens .. i decided to spend T on greens this season and in my theory if push them to scouts, they should last for 5-6 years without need to turn any Token into green .. as they are high end trainers who get 3-4 skills a day just by playing 2 matches a day
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    all are young scouts (aside from one i bought last season) .. have 10 other young scouts and another newly signed 4 X 18 yo are on the way to be scouts too .. another 3 too older are few skills away from being scouts .. am not a token buyer by the way .. didn't spend even a penny on this game

but your time in this game is worth money. You spend a lot of time on this game. time=money. Tommys spend the real money so they dont have to spend the time. I would rather spend this amount of time on Halo 4, a real game.
    shwanko07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    but your time in this game is worth money. You spend a lot of time on this game. time=money. Tommys spend the real money so they dont have to spend the time. I would rather spend this amount of time on Halo 4, a real game.
    indeed .. but i do offers in the way work-home or when watching TV or when at work watching Videos at the background
    not a Halo fan though
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away

Rookie
    wow what a joke. Nordeus should not allow this to go on. Its nothing but profiteering on their part!! shame on them...

all auctions should be as with the real thing in the real world. With one auction where every one can see every one else bidding. The player being sold should be valued before hand by Nordeus with a top and bottom valuation. and it should be done as a blind auction where every player first bids what he values the player at. those blind bids are opened and the top 5 or 3 bidders move forward to another blind bid. the bids are opened and the top three if 5 in the previous round move forward. the process is then repeated until we are down to 2 bidders. At this point the highest bid is revealed to the under bidder and he gets one chance to up his valuation of the player and bid accordingly. If his bid is then the highest the bid is then re-offered back to the other bidder in order to increase his bid.
    The highest bid after this round wins. Each round of bidding costs 1 token per player. This means that if your bid was unsuccessful at any stage the most tokens you can lose is: 1 token after initial opening round, 2 tokens if you get through to round 2 (maximum 5 players), 3 tokens if you bid to get into round three (maximum 3 players) and 4 tokens if you are then the losing final under bidder.

Once the ceiling value of the player has been reached then all bidders that have bid the above highest possible amount based on valuation ( during any of the auction levels) should then be put into a theoretical hat and the players theoretical agent should decide.
    Just as in the real world not all players go to the club with most money but to play for his boyhood heroes. Example when Alan shearer turned down Man Utd to play for Newcastle.. This will add an element of excitement to the auctions as you wont know if you have been successful until the official announcement is released to say that so an so player has just signed for so and so team.

Well that's my idea what do people think?
    shwanko07 likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keat Campbell View Post
    wow what a joke. Nordeus should not allow this to go on. Its nothing but profiteering on their part!! shame on them...

all auctions should be as with the real thing in the real world. With one auction where every one can see every one else bidding. The player being sold should be valued before hand by Nordeus with a top and bottom valuation. and it should be done as a blind auction where every player first bids what he values the player at. those blind bids are opened and the top 5 or 3 bidders move forward to another blind bid. the bids are opened and the top three if 5 in the previous round move forward. the process is then repeated until we are down to 2 bidders. At this point the highest bid is revealed to the under bidder and he gets one chance to up his valuation of the player and bid accordingly. If his bid is then the highest the bid is then re-offered back to the other bidder in order to increase his bid.
    The highest bid after this round wins. Each round of bidding costs 1 token per player. This means that if your bid was unsuccessful at any stage the most tokens you can lose is: 1 token after initial opening round, 2 tokens if you get through to round 2 (maximum 5 players), 3 tokens if you bid to get into round three (maximum 3 players) and 4 tokens if you are then the losing final under bidder.

Once the ceiling value of the player has been reached then all bidders that have bid the above highest possible amount based on valuation ( during any of the auction levels) should then be put into a theoretical hat and the players theoretical agent should decide.
    Just as in the real world not all players go to the club with most money but to play for his boyhood heroes. Example when Alan shearer turned down Man Utd to play for Newcastle.. This will add an element of excitement to the auctions as you wont know if you have been successful until the official announcement is released to say that so an so player has just signed for so and so team.

The thing is, all the people that have been shamed on this topic (players that bid no matter the amount of tokens and how much it will eventually cost them) are f*cking idiots, to put it nicely. Some of the players that go for long distances are nowhere near worth the valuation and amount of tokens used. Just in this forum alone, you hear people signing, quite possibly, better players than those posted for next to nothing (I managed to sign a 19yo 4* Q44 GK who had a £9m or so valuation for 2 tokens).

I don't think there's anything particualrly wrong. You just got to know the tricks and, if things go bad, when to stop. Let these fools bid among themselves and laugh when it goes ridiculously high.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Keat Campbell View Post

yes in an ideal world .. but not when the game itself and survive from trading with tokens.. to run the game it costs mate and they have to find away to inject money into their system to keep developing the game
    now with experience, i know the best time to bid or sell and can read how strong are the other bidder to get out of it sooner than later before losing more tokens

Get posting guys lol, new season is upon us so more crazy bidders
    Ljepoje likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Get posting guys lol, new season is upon us so more crazy bidders
    Agree!

I will try to post something in the evening, are so busy checking and refreshing my TM + Scoutlist.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Apprentice
    I bought a one-on-one striker [28 q] during the last week of season 4 for just one token,played him in the 5th season and then sold him today...His market value was 2.19 m but he was eventually sold out after 29 ko rounds for the price of 4.87 m

That awkward moment when you realise that maybe it was better to be the loser...

Last edited by marc31; 06-04-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    FCN Iași
    ---------
    Season 1 - 3 rounds
    Season 2 - 2nd on Level 1
    Season 3 - Level 2 League Winner, Champions League Winner, Cup finalist

Pepp Crawford - best player of my team.

Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast