Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The power of watching the game!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deghinsea View Post
    I would have to agree with rastaman70 on this one. Only statistics are affected by in game changes, not the results. At least this is what my 15-match experiment showed me 2 seasons ago. I used 2 teams of equal quality. One always started the match with legal formation and the other with illegal formation and then swap formations asap. 12 times out of 15 the team that started with the legal formation won the match. The rest of the results were 2 draws and 1 lose. I don't know if they have fixed the engine now but I have stopped bothering too much since then.
    this experiment you have done is exactly what others have done and have come up with the same results. For those of us that still remain ignorant to the fact that the games are predetermined, they need to get their heads out of the sand and start to do the testing for themselves and/or actually pay attention to the results of those that have done the testing and provided results.

@gogs67: there will always be anomalies and they cannot be taken as proof that you are correct. the odds are in favor of matches being predetermined based on the results produced by many people on this forum. I have yet to see someone do this experiment and find results that disprove the theory.

@everyone: by all means, continue to think you can affect matches as it gives you the enjoyment you so duly deserve in a mickey mouse online football predetermined simulation game. oops, left out the word management for some reason...I wonder why?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    this experiment you have done is exactly what others have done and have come up with the same results. For those of us that still remain ignorant to the fact that the games are predetermined, they need to get their heads out of the sand and start to do the testing for themselves and/or actually pay attention to the results of those that have done the testing and provided results.

@gogs67: there will always be anomalies and they cannot be taken as proof that you are correct. the odds are in favor of matches being predetermined based on the results produced by many people on this forum. I have yet to see someone do this experiment and find results that disprove the theory.

?
    One minute you say the results are predetermined, next minute you say the odds are in favour of matches being predetermined. Which is it?
    I didn't say I was correct, I just told you what I've seen. I am doing these experiments, and they are showing a trend toward being able to influence the result 'in game' in certain situations.
    Keep an open mind, it's bad science otherwise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    One minute you say the results are predetermined, next minute you say the odds are in favour of matches being predetermined. Which is it?
    I didn't say I was correct, I just told you what I've seen. I am doing these experiments, and they are showing a trend toward being able to influence the result 'in game' in certain situations.
    Keep an open mind, it's bad science otherwise.
    I am saying that the games are predetermined, but for the sake of arguments, I say that the stats are showing that results tend to show as predetermined since we cannot show it 100% for the doubters out there. I hope that clears things up for you.

and I seriously doubt your results show you can influence the game. all results that have been posted up here show the opposite. but by all means, keep trying.

Can anyone explain me why i can't see free transfers (f)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Rookie
    Guys, guys, guys, listen!

The fact that there are so many polarised views concerning this actually goes to prove that it doesn't matter whether or not you watch your games. If watching games CLEARLY affect outcomes, it would be a one-sided argument.

#iamdeepsodeep

Quote Originally Posted by Fate85 View Post
    Guys, guys, guys, listen!

The fact that there are so many polarised views concerning this actually goes to prove that it doesn't matter whether or not you watch your games. If watching games CLEARLY affect outcomes, it would be a one-sided argument.

#iamdeepsodeep
    Some facts for everyone's consideration:

We play a soccer manager game. Every company that produces such a game, makes sure results are NOT predetermined before a match starts, otherwise game is lame and not worth playing.
    We cant get clear answers about strange results, because every manager game(not only top11) we play is complex.

However some of us have provided the fact that you can start a game with illegal formation, then switch to legal and win. Or vise versa if you prefer. Start with legal and score a couple goals, then switch to illegal and lose. Yet a few denying this fact. Fact that beats the silly predetermined results theory and make us wonder why it even have been brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Meow Odom View Post
    I watch most of my games when I can, weekend games are hard for me to watch !!! I always feel bad if I dont watch and lose !!! I do hope that when I watch there is something I can do to help my little team !!!

a sub or tactic change ?? who knows??? but if we dont believe this does anything what is the point of playing ???

Just like a real manager we can not jump on the pitch and score !!! or just like a fan we carnt influence the game !! ( or can we ) ?

a game without fans the outcome may be different ?? (who KNOws) a game on top 11 without the manager ?? who knows lol !!
    I have underlined and made bold the reason why all this turmoil is produced. Rage and disappointment make good friends with slander.
    Stavros Denaxas likes this.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Some facts for everyone's consideration:

We play a soccer manager game. Every company that produces such a game, makes sure results are NOT predetermined before a match starts, otherwise game is lame and not worth playing.
    We cant get clear answers about strange results, because every manager game(not only top11) we play is complex.

However some of us have provided the fact that you can start a game with illegal formation, then switch to legal and win. Or vise versa if you prefer. Start with legal and score a couple goals, then switch to illegal and lose. Yet a few denying this fact. Fact that beats the silly predetermined results theory and make us wonder why it even have been brought up.

I have underlined and made bold the reason why all this turmoil is produced. Rage and disappointment make good friends with slander.
    Mate look, I have 9 teams that I manage and I have seen too many instances to prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that results are pre-determined. For instance, I have 4 teams in the same League and typically I would seek to "control" the results but it is only when I seek to control BEFORE the game that I get the W-L result that I want. If Team A plays Team B, and both teams start with legal formations, and 20 minutes in, Team A leads by 2 goals... and I want them to draw - setting Team A's formation to the most illegal formation in the whole wide would would not help... unless the System has pre-determined that Team B roam back. I have seen too many, seriously, especially with my teams playing each other all the time.

Now, just following my last post in this same thread, I played a Champions League game with my main account. I was at home, and I brought into the game an away goal from the first leg which ended 1-1. I controlled the game with 60% possession... the other manager was not watching, and I had chance after chance but... I lost 0-1 close to the end. With full +15% possession, maxed out condition and morale, and maxed out win bonus... along with almost an entire team of 6-star players playing against his 3-to-4-star players...

... I am speechless. I even retimed the game so the game would happen at 2:27am his time. Didn't work baby.

Here's the thing with us. We want so much to believe that we can control outcomes of games, fulfilling our managerial fantasies, that season after season we seek to do the same things, hoping to change an outcome that is pre-determined. Why? Because it's more fun that way. Sometimes it APPEARS to work (because what we want to happen is consistent with what Nordeus wants / pre-determines) and sometimes it doesn't (d'oh, how often does Nordeus give us what we want? Nordeus is a business so their primary aim is not to charitably renders you pleasure, but to subtly coax you to spend).

Mate look, I have 9 teams that I manage and I have seen too many instances to prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that results are pre-determined. For instance, I have 4 teams in the same League and typically I would seek to "control" the results but it is only when I seek to control BEFORE the game that I get the W-L result that I want. If Team A plays Team B, and both teams start with legal formations, and 20 minutes in, Team A leads by 2 goals... and I want them to draw - setting Team A's formation to the most illegal formation in the whole wide would would not help... unless the System has pre-determined that Team B roam back. I have seen too many, seriously, especially with my teams playing each other all the time.
    Try what I describe above. Have illegal formation before match. When it starts, switch to legal. You win (providing your formation counters the other one ofcourse).

Now, just following my last post in this same thread, I played a Champions League game with my main account. I was at home, and I brought into the game an away goal from the first leg which ended 1-1. I controlled the game with 60% possession... the other manager was not watching, and I had chance after chance but... I lost 0-1 close to the end. With full +15% possession, maxed out condition and morale, and maxed out win bonus... along with almost an entire team of 6-star players playing against his 3-to-4-star players...
    Your defeat from a weaker and absent opponent does not prove anything about predetermined results.

Here's the thing with us. We want so much to believe that we can control outcomes of games, fulfilling our managerial fantasies, that season after season we seek to do the same things, hoping to change an outcome that is pre-determined. Why? Because it's more fun that way. Sometimes it APPEARS to work (because what we want to happen is consistent with what Nordeus wants / pre-determines) and sometimes it doesn't (d'oh, how often does Nordeus give us what we want? Nordeus is a business so their primary aim is not to charitably renders you pleasure, but to subtly coax you to spend).

With all the respect, you just speculate as other guys did above. There is no solid proof about predetermined results. I may not being able to control my team at 100% of its potential but still I can intervene in many ways and enjoy the game. I have also learnt to accept my defeats even if it seems I do not deserve it.

I suggest you do the same and forget conspiracy theories. Its just a game we play to have fun after all, no?
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Try what I describe above. Have illegal formation before match. When it starts, switch to legal. You win (providing your formation counters the other one ofcourse).

Your defeat from a weaker and absent opponent does not prove anything about predetermined results.

With all the respect, you just speculate as other guys did above. There is no solid proof about predetermined results. I may not being able to control my team at 100% of its potential but still I can intervene in many ways and enjoy the game. I have also learnt to accept my defeats even if it seems I do not deserve it.

I suggest you do the same and forget conspiracy theories. Its just a game we play to have fun after all, no?
    Nah, with your own set of beliefs and values, you go about doing the things you do and think on a daily basis. While we all appreciate the views of one another in a forum like this, seeking to get others to think your way in order to "enjoy the game" is assuming people who question the workings of the game (people who are born inquisitive and likely engineers in real life, or lawyers) is not doing the "enjoy the game" bit.

By the way, I could say a lot about what you have posted but there is no point, so I wouldn't. Except perhaps this: "Your defeat from a weaker and absent opponent does not prove anything about predetermined results." You see, it actually does, in a big way. A few of my friends with superior teams all got ousted on the same match day against average oppositions that have left their teams for dead. There, predetermined, along with long-term injuries happening across many teams on one particular day (see a thread I started previously about injuries and seeking people to chip in on that particular day if they have had players injured that day).

By the way, if the people at Nordeus allow you as much control as you think they do, then perhaps you are just not very good at controlling the circumstances because in 17 seasons, you won only 6 Leagues? Or 4 Champions Leagues? Or 2 Cups? Now this is not belittling you, or condescending you, but if you have full faith in having "control", you would actually do a lot better.

For me, the fun lies in figuring out the system and beating the system. People like me do things like work out the percentages and likely algorithms, like how teams are paired in Cups and Leagues etc, and take steps to beat them. In 6 full seasons (discounting the first season whereby I was a newbie and came in close to season end), I won 5 Leagues and came runner-up in the other (registering 26-0-0 last season and standing at 14-1-0 this season), went to CL final 5 times and winning 4 and went to Cup final 3 times and winning 3. And these have been achieved with the mindset that I have... supposedly shared by forumers like rastaman.

I get it. You have a blog guide explaining counter formations and team orders etc.
    Last edited by Fate85; 03-26-2014 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Updating records
    rastaman70 likes this.

Seriously now.....Attempting to value down one's opinion you dont agree with, by questioning how many trophies he's got???
    Is this the best you can come up with to prove your point ???

Seems you have figured everything out there is about this game, except one thing. To deal with the fact you can not always win.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast