Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The power of watching the game!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Result is predetermined as long as nothing of great importance is altered ingame.

Lets suppose we play against each other, having equal quality teams. My formation is 4-3W-3 so you check this and come with 4-4-2 on me, which 9 out of 10 times counters my formation. Ball kicks off and at that very second I switch my formation to 4-5-1 V-Style that counters your 4-4-2 eternally. Boom, I have just smoked your predetermined results catastrophe theory along with your team.

I hate to brake your bubble but world does not turn around you.
    I posted in response to op- not to you, then you came along quoting me, trying to shoot my opinion down while being sarcastic with comments like "open your eyes" .

Having an opinion is one thing - Trying to be sarcastic to what others believe, just to prove your point is another. Be nice to people that share the same passion for top eleven like you do and spare us with the "I am what I am and block me if you dont like it" speech. Besides I dont have to do that, just watch me ignore you like a pro.
    and I care. sorry, you cant see my caring face.

1) you hardly smoked my predetermined results theory with your theory. If you would read properly, I stated that it matters not what you do. As soon as the ball kicks off, the results are ALREADY DETERMINED. and FYI, 4-5-1V is hardly an eternal counter to 4-4-2 anymore. but hey, I can pass over your rookie mistake.

2) the world DOES revolve around me. I have my own small moon. I would show it to you but I dont want to get arrested for indecent exposure. (HINT: it involves showing you my a$$).

3) I like sarcasm. Its a great way to get your point across and still make someone look like a tool. I am as nice to people as they are nice to me, as long as they understand my first post and dont take it too personally (hint, hint).

4) block me, ignore me, or reply, I could care less. You give me ammo for a retort or you dont, its up to you. I have slowly been withdrawing from this forum because of the recent lameness and lack of action, and I have to congratulate you for allowing me to awaken myself from the droll T11 existance.

Cheers! LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post

As soon as the ball kicks off, the results are ALREADY DETERMINED. a
    If this is the case then play an ILLEGAL formation as soon as the game kicks starts...

The results are pre-determined but there are chances that we can influence them......
    Stavros Denaxas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    If this is the case then play an ILLEGAL formation as soon as the game kicks starts...

The results are pre-determined but there are chances that we can influence them......
    Ofcourse there are chances you can take and alter game's outcome. Strong chances actually. Dont believe everything you read.

This season my team stays in same level just to get stronger. So every game, I start with legal formations doing some tactic checks for future use. After I lead with one or two goals, I switch to ridiculous illegal formations just to lose. Can I stay victorious ??? LOL simply not

I do not work for Nordeus but I play this game for over 2 years and I can spot the difference between cheap and complex. Top Eleven can become crazy with RNG factor and all that, but it is not a cheap game with predetermined results. This is only speculating from brats, that can not manage their anger whenever they lose a game.
    Stavros Denaxas likes this.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

Famous

This season my team stays in same level just to get stronger. So every game, I start with legal formations doing some tactic checks for future use. After I lead with one or two goals, I switch to ridiculous illegal formations just to lose. Can I stay victorious ??? LOL simply not
    Exactly. And vice versa, I start a game with a crazy formation, wait till I'm 4 or 5 goals down, and with 20 mins to go switch to a 'good' formation and peg a couple of goals back. That's simple to do as well and blows out the water any theory that nothing you do 'in game' has any consequence.
    I am in no way implying that the whole game engine isn't pretty basic though! Just that it's not as basic as we have no real influence on the outcome of games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post

ummmm nope. I played all last year with an account that tested illegal formations and it still doesnt matter. I won so many with just the illegal formation so it is extremely hard to prove that changing the formation just after kickoff will make a difference.

and you contradicted yourself with that last statement - if results are predetermined, then you cannot influence them as they are not changeable.

Ofcourse there are chances you can take and alter game's outcome. Strong chances actually. Dont believe everything you read.

I do not work for Nordeus but I play this game for over 2 years and I can spot the difference between cheap and complex. Top Eleven can become crazy with RNG factor and all that, but it is not a cheap game with predetermined results. This is only speculating from brats, that can not manage their anger whenever they lose a game.
    I tank to get stronger as well but thats beside the point.

dude you just lost the plot. if you start the game with a legal formation, the results are calculated with your legal formation and if the engine rolled that you won, you can change to an illegal formation until the cows come home and still win.

This IS a cheap game.

This is a cheap game WITH predetermined results.

and the brats who cannot manage their anger when they lose a game are not my problem, nor do I give a ****e what they do. I have no idea why that is even part of this conversation, but hey, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    Exactly. And vice versa, I start a game with a crazy formation, wait till I'm 4 or 5 goals down, and with 20 mins to go switch to a 'good' formation and peg a couple of goals back. That's simple to do as well and blows out the water any theory that nothing you do 'in game' has any consequence.
    I am in no way implying that the whole game engine isn't pretty basic though! Just that it's not as basic as we have no real influence on the outcome of games.
    and gogs67, you are also missing the point. try to do what you said CONSISTANTLY and then you may be able to prove what you say, but you mention one game and you cant base/prove any theory with the results of one game. we have hundreds if not thousands of posts from people who have tested these theories and most of them when put together show some anomalies with the way results are determined. So far, the theory that games are predetermined has been argued since the start of the game and was probably one of the main reasons why the last version of this forum was dumped.

you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. that sums up nicely what I am trying to do here.
    Last edited by rastaman70; 03-23-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post

and gogs67, you are also missing the point. try to do what you said CONSISTANTLY and then you may be able to prove what you say, but you mention one game and you cant base/prove any theory with the results of one game. we have hundreds if not thousands of posts from people who have tested these theories and most of them when put together show some anomalies with the way results are determined. So far, the theory that games are predetermined has been argued since the start of the game and was probably one of the main reasons why the last version of this forum was dumped.

you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink. that sums up nicely what I am trying to do here.
    I do it every season I tank and, from the results over many of my games, I'm convinced that 'in game' drastic formation changes have a direct impact on the score/result.
    Last season for example I won my first 10 games. Then I lost my next 14 on purpose and then won the last two as I was safely 'staying down'.
    In 12 out of the 14 lost I changed formation from illegal to legal when it was safe to do so and the game changed 90 degrees with me suddenly being stronger and 'winning' that part of the game from then on. Every time.
    The other two games it wasn't safe to try that as my opponent was so bad it was a close one to actually lose to them.

Rookie
    I would have to agree with rastaman70 on this one. Only statistics are affected by in game changes, not the results. At least this is what my 15-match experiment showed me 2 seasons ago. I used 2 teams of equal quality. One always started the match with legal formation and the other with illegal formation and then swap formations asap. 12 times out of 15 the team that started with the legal formation won the match. The rest of the results were 2 draws and 1 lose. I don't know if they have fixed the engine now but I have stopped bothering too much since then.
    rastaman70 likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Deghinsea View Post
    I would have to agree with rastaman70 on this one. Only statistics are affected by in game changes, not the results. At least this is what my 15-match experiment showed me 2 seasons ago. I used 2 teams of equal quality. One always started the match with legal formation and the other with illegal formation and then swap formations asap. 12 times out of 15 the team that started with the legal formation won the match. The rest of the results were 2 draws and 1 lose. I don't know if they have fixed the engine now but I have stopped bothering too much since then.
    If the teams are unequal quality (which is what mine was compared to most of the other teams) then it does make a difference. I was playing teams about 10 Q worse than me, I had an illegal formation, they would go 5 or 6 nil up, I would change to 4-4-2, and score 2 or 3 goals without reply. Happened every game.
    If teams were equal quality then it didn't make as much difference.

I watch most of my games when I can, weekend games are hard for me to watch !!! I always feel bad if I dont watch and lose !!! I do hope that when I watch there is something I can do to help my little team !!!

a sub or tactic change ?? who knows??? but if we dont believe this does anything what is the point of playing ???

Just like a real manager we can not jump on the pitch and score !!! or just like a fan we carnt influence the game !! ( or can we ) ?

a game without fans the outcome may be different ?? (who KNOws) a game on top 11 without the manager ?? who knows lol

great thread btw hun !!!!!

Apprentice
    I watch probably 95% of my games, spend a lot of time training my players and tweaking my tactics and I'm underachieving this season. I'm top 6 but should be top 2/3. I regularly have poor performances against teams I should he beating.

On the other hand, a friend of mine never watches his games, he does his tactics and formations once a day, on a night when he has some free time. He's a pretty busy bloke so rarely can he watch the games. Nevertheless he's top of his league by a country mile and has won 7 promotions in a row.

Make of that what you will.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast