Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree917Likes

Thread: Season 52 (06.04.14/03.05.14)

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Don't get carried away your only level 2.
    True, and I think it'll be tougher next season - My two main strikers need replacing soon - one is not good enough, and I've been looking for a replacement for a while, but kept losing bidding battles. The other is very good at the moment - scoring 10 more goals than any other player in the league. But he's getting old, so I'm not sure how much longer that will continue / I will be able to keep him.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

The older a striker gets, if he is as good as he is now, he'll get better. So hang on to him until he retires. He'll be useful despite losing stars.

Also, I suggest to avoid bidding wars, look for a 5 star player now whose level is just a level away from the next star so that you'll still have a 5 star player next season after a few cones. Market activity shd be low atm, if you are still on the old market.

That aside, while Go Leo is having a bad season, Very Athletic is on course for a league and CL double. However, we will start the final as underdogs and have the slimiest chance of winning. Final is in about an hours time...
    John Naish likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    The older a striker gets, if he is as good as he is now, he'll get better. So hang on to him until he retires. He'll be useful despite losing stars.

Also, I suggest to avoid bidding wars, look for a 5 star player now whose level is just a level away from the next star so that you'll still have a 5 star player next season after a few cones. Market activity shd be low atm, if you are still on the old market.

That aside, while Go Leo is having a bad season, Very Athletic is on course for a league and CL double. However, we will start the final as underdogs and have the slimiest chance of winning. Final is in about an hours time...
    Thanks, good luck with that - sounds like a similar position to me, just at a higher level - I lead the league by 1 point at the moment, so I'm hoping I can hang on to the title. I have the CL final later, in about 8 hours time, where I have a large mismatch in quality, so I'd be surprised if I win. Still, I'll go out there and play defensive to try and see what I can do.
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

@John Naish

Good luck John! Up FC Bristbury

My mistake, I just realised Very Athletic just secured the league with a game remaining, leading the table by 5 points, so a win in the CL final would give us the double, but highly unlikely. We'll give it a good fight.
    John Naish and Dman2pt like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

David FC - Final Season Update - L5 S52

Another great season culminated in 3 trophies. The League, 2nd in CL (disappointing) & 3rd in Cup (still playing 3 levels higher).
    This brings a total of 13 trophies from a possible 14 in 5 seasons (unfortunately 3 are plates, but they still go in the cabinet).
    In addition to other season highlights mentioned earlier, 25 y.o. scout level striker Andy Longbottom became first David FC player to reach 100 goals (in his 110th game).
    The team performed at expectations.
    See you all next season, & some of you in 35T league.
    Qambu Yaasi and Dman2pt like this.
    3 Teams - mid 40's, 40 & 40.
    Aims
    1. CL position every team, every season
    2. Assn in Gold 1 or Platinum

I can complete my report for Very Athletic

Just got beat soundly 6-0 by a better team in the CL final, our first. Congrats to him! Our defence failed us this round which was bitterly disappointing after they have done so well to help the team get this far. We had opted to use a very defensive 4-5-1V setup to try and get him on the counter but alas, it was not meant to be.

But this season was a first of everything for Very Athletic - winning their first silverware - the league title with one game remaining.

AMR Walter Hinostroza is the player of the season with 28 goals in 42 matches in all competitions, 10 assists and 9 MoMs.

League stats as of today
    22W - 2D - 1L GF92 GA15 Pts68
    Dman2pt likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Apprentice
    i couldn't watch my champions league final because i wasn't home but it went well i won with 1-0 and the trophy is in my pocket Season 52 (06.04.14/03.05.14)-trophy.jpg
    Dman2pt likes this.

Congrats bro!!
    BLAUGRANA FC - The road to success...

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Apprentice
    thanks bro,i hope you won it too

in about 30 minutes my final will start! I hope I'll win it too
    BLAUGRANA FC - The road to success...

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast