Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Man-on-Man Marking

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    no you didnt SAY it worked for everyone, you stated "it is best for most formations", which implies that it is best for everyone using most formations.

It would be more correct and proper for you to say: "I use it with most formations and it works for me". Simple. When you say it that way, it means that you didnt write the book on how the game works and you know only what works for you. The way you wrote it originally came across like you were a dev that created the game.

You obviously dont know what an instruction manual is for. It is to help someone learn to play the game with all the information that is available in the game so there is less guesswork necessary about what works and doesnt work in the game and why it is there. I dont know what I would do without the instruction book for Batman:Arkham Asylum and that of the walkthrough, but that is because they teach you what to do with button combos and they tell you the skills necessary to complete the game.

Nordeus on the other hand, tells you what is in the game but not anything useful on how to use them. They give the absolute minimum necessary to understand the game and thats all. Why? Good question. I dont know why, I can speculate, but this is not the time to do that or the thread. I want a manual for this game, not to make things easy, but to understand why I use tactics they create in the game, the best time to use them and what they actually do for gameplay. I am not asking to make the game easier, I just want to know what tools I have in the toolbox and instructions on how and when to use them so I can properly build my team and its success.

so dont bother getting your panties in a bunch anymore, you should understand that im not trying to insult you or ridicule you, I am trying to help you not come across as something you are not: an expert in the game, or someone who knows everything there is to know about the game. not even Jul;yforurth knows everything about the game, nor does he admit to it.

Just try to change how you write things a bit, because people assume you actually know how the game works, and thats just wrong.

Are you an MP?, you are the one that is pathetic!, your writing things I never said, you are so typical of a interlectual plonker!, who has to do everythiny by the book, I bet you where a yes man, a mummys boy lmfao!, you even bring other managers ideas into it and still not your own!, how do you not know zonal does not work with most formatoins? Have you even tried it with quite few? Stop winging about peoples views and actually bother to say something usefull, go and get yourself dewormed!.
    "so dont bother getting your panties in a bunch anymore, you should understand that im not trying to insult you or ridicule you" you are acusing me off something I did not do or say!.
    Last edited by Skidz; 05-21-2014 at 02:46 PM.

the wiki is severely lacking in info that is important to gameplay. Great, we have stats on the stadium and what Special abilities there are, but nothing on what they really do and really how to play the game properly.

The wiki is a waste of time

Its a soccer (football) manager game hun ??? If you follow soccer then you already know how to play it !!!! I'm not batman or a hedgehog called sonic so I might need info on how that works !!! but seriously you think the top managers in the game have a manual on how to win every game ???????

Or do they choose from experience as Skidz is doing ?? and Skidz at least is willing to pass on information to newbie players ( Good on ya Skidz hun )

Sully if you need a manual on how football ( soccer) works your going to need more than luck to win a game hun . trial and error is the name of the game !!! try it it's fun

The wiki is not a waste of time for new players it's very helpful !!!!!

Jerry!! Jerry!! Jerry!! *chanting

you can use it in a defensive position humans for humans, game one piece
    Last edited by huyenham; 07-25-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    Dạo này dự án mới là SEO cái du lịch úc và cái dịch vụ làm visa khoai vãi lúa luôn. Sau nhiều ngày thì lại phải nhận thêm cái du lich chau au điên rồ này nữa rồi Ờ thì giờ phải thêm cái Cooking Methods.

Quote Originally Posted by d1mb0l View Post
    Jerry!! Jerry!! Jerry!! *chanting
    Quote Originally Posted by huyenham View Post
    you can use it in a defensive position humans for humans
    Be carefull now Sully will say "how do you know that? Where is the manual that says that" cough cough! Pmsl.
    Fc bal op t dak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Are you an MP?, you are the one that is pathetic!, your writing things I never said, you are so typical of a interlectual plonker!, who has to do everythiny by the book, I bet you where a yes man, a mummys boy lmfao!, you even bring other managers ideas into it and still not your own!, how do you not know zonal does not work with most formatoins? Have you even tried it with quite few? Stop winging about peoples views and actually bother to say something usefull, go and get yourself dewormed!.
    "so dont bother getting your panties in a bunch anymore, you should understand that im not trying to insult you or ridicule you" you are acusing me off something I did not do or say!.
    I quoted you directly. how can you say you didnt say these things? I cut and paste from YOUR post. getting a bit defensive that you actually said that "Zonal Marking is the best for most formations".

that is what this whole debate is about. what is better, zonal or M2M? you piped in saying that zonal is the best for most formations. Several people on here are asking you how you know this 100%. You came back with a statement saying you have been successful in 8 seasons and help many people, which we dont doubt. we just want to know how you know zonal is what works the best.

btw, you are being reported for the insults. thats pretty low.

I quoted you directly. how can you say you didnt say these things? I cut and paste from YOUR post. getting a bit defensive that you actually said that "Zonal Marking is the best for most formations".

that is what this whole debate is about. what is better, zonal or M2M? you piped in saying that zonal is the best for most formations. Several people on here are asking you how you know this 100%. You came back with a statement saying you have been successful in 8 seasons and help many people, which we dont doubt. we just want to know how you know zonal is what works the best.

btw, you are being reported for the insults. thats pretty low.
    Report what you like! most people who have quoted actually agree with me!, tell me where in this ""Zonal Marking is the best for most formations". does it say 100%? come on ! you obviously want to continue this debate and so I will ablige!, Zonal marking has worked for me in every formation I have played!, 4-4-2, 4-4-3, 3-4-3, 3w-1-4-2, 4-1-3w-2, 4-3w-1-1, 3w-2-3-1-1 to name a few, Im not going to write them all down as you know what they are!, You already know that I was talking of my own experiences!, but yet you continue to blabber on about this same thing! lol, Oh sorry did I say MOST PEOPLE oops do I need to name them for you or can you read?, I have written a guide on 3w-1-4-2 that tells people what works best for that formation are you going to throw the manual at me for that aswell?, why are you so content in putting down what I wrote? I have said it was based on MY experiences!!!, I have givern my stats! Oh and yes I have had a 26-0-0 last year in the league only, but thats means nothing really as this is a game! a game that is supposed to be taken in fun and in a friendly nature but then you come on here and start laying the law down and asking for 100% in writing! seriously dude what is with you?, I have helped lots of people on here and never once had complaints because MOST PEOPLE know that what I say is taken from my perspective and how I play!, they dont say to me " O wheres your proof"!!! are you going to say that to everone who quotes anything on this forum! or are you going to read and quote objective things on this forum?. you will lose many friends with this constant second guessing people who are actually trying to make a difference on here!, I like helping people and I always do and have never failed to help someone if I can!, I dont say I will always get it right!, I said MOST formations!. I never said IT WAS 100% RIGHT, if that was the case everybody would use the same tactic and there would be no winner!, Do you ask for 100% proof in everything you do? NO! , one final thing!, I am still yet to see you say what you would do!? No instead YOU find it better questioning my judgement when clearly you have no positive thought on the question that was originaly asked!.
    Do tell me Sully where in this statement does it say with 100% proof?.

I always set my team with zonal marking for every match. I want to know if man on man marking is a good system.

When do we use it? What kind of formation suits the marking style?
    Last edited by Skidz; 05-22-2014 at 05:46 PM.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Stay on subject and if you can't give an answer to him don't post just to chat here because it won't help him at all.

Also please stop insulting each other because we don't want to warn or ban anyone, thank you.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Apprentice
    This is from my experience. I'm afraid I lack empirical evidence to prove this one way, or the other, so it will be a matter of personal opinion...this is what Skidz was doing and, if you read his posts, you can tell that English isn't his first language, so pedantically correcting his grammar may not be the way to go. He is trying to offer advice to someone who had asked for it...

Zonal...works best when facing a stronger team.
    M2M...works best when facing a weaker team.

This is just for me, though. I change my formation almost every game, so the marking may have played no part at all, I guess.
    Skidz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by russ2000_uk View Post
    This is from my experience. I'm afraid I lack empirical evidence to prove this one way, or the other, so it will be a matter of personal opinion...this is what Skidz was doing and, if you read his posts, you can tell that English isn't his first language, so pedantically correcting his grammar may not be the way to go. He is trying to offer advice to someone who had asked for it...

Zonal...works best when facing a stronger team.
    M2M...works best when facing a weaker team.

This is just for me, though. I change my formation almost every game, so the marking may have played no part at all, I guess.
    Hey Russ Im 100% English even if the grammers not upto scratch!, English never was my best subject, Born and bread in England me bro!
    My take is with man on man marking, in theory the player will get tired quicker due to the constant following of a player!, yes I have no way to prove this 100% but it does seem logical(to me anyway! I used to play football), yes this is a virtual game but when I play I use my real life experiences as a guide on what to use!, this has served me quite well as a base line, the rest I have learnt from my results over the last 10 seasons, and experimenting. This game has X amount of variables so there is hundreds if not thousands of possible outcomes, but I have over the last four to 5 seasons found that playing the same formation from the start works well, I have stopped using MOM marking and have played zonzal ever since, I switch formation during live matches but still keep Zonal on, I will not ever use anything else.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast