Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Figure this out

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I have a lot of teams. Only one gets bought Tokens, a couple I farm, and a couple are 35T only. So I see all what happens in relation to how many Tokens I have bought, or not... nothing. I see no relation. As mentioned, that would be shady thing business wise and and more complicated programming (if they take so long to change back TL you think they can do that?) My first 35T team is in a CL spot, challenging for first...never bought a T. Teams do go through slumps, all of mine do, even my team I buy T for has bad form sometimes. One of my farmed T teams had a season like yours, run of stupid losses to start.. nothing seemed to work. I wound up selling a couple guys (GK and MC) and the team picked up form, but too late for that season. They crushed everyone next season, and have been doing well since.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOON ARMY! F Sunderland! Go Magpies!

Make sure you're not using illegal formations. And what are your player ratings? I was very disappointed to see my ML take a nose dive this season. Last season he was my 3rd highest Quality player. He probably sat around 3rd to 4th best in goals, behind my 2 Strikers and maybe my AMC. He finished the season rated second highest on my team (7.9 I think).

This season he fell apart, can't score, tires easily, and was getting ratings of 5-6 every game. Last game all I did was give him red arrows. We'll see if his form continues but apparently this guy likes to attack. He scored 2 goals and finished with a rating of 8. Maybe switch up your tactics little by little and see how players react to it.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    FC Paragon 04
    Season 14, level 14

League: 3 titles
    Champion's League: 1 title
    Cup: 1 title

Yup I agree with Cat. I have a team who I buy about 50-100Ts a month, and I have a farmer and two strictly 28T & 35T teams. There is no corelation between token buying and T11 performances. Seriously guys. My T team plays quite well, has some dips here and there but overall is very consistent.

My 28T team has won more titles and have also missed out on more promotion (once and twice respectively). My 28T team last season went thru the same thing u did. I had probably the 3rd best team Q-wise but still lingered 12-13 in the league and managed to end the season in 9th. I didn't really think much about it and I was sure it was because the players simply had a collective dip in form (which would mean they would also go thru a collective run of form, which happened 2 seasons before). I bought a couple of players after selling some and form improved a bit. I also started playing 5-3-2 defensive (when u are going thru a dip, it's always better to play defensive)

What I'm trying to say is that, there is a form cycle and sometimes it is just too bad that it happens to a majority of your players at the same time. There is no such thing as buying tokens to improve your form...
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 06-16-2014 at 08:24 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Another thing I do, which may or may not make a difference is when a player is in poor form and they are up for a contract renewal, I sign them, assuming I want to continue to take a chance with them. I have a theory that players perform better when they are payed well aside from you winning bonuses. The player I mentioned above happened to be in his 3rd year of the contract. Guess what. No arrows this game, signed a contract, rated an 8. That's 2 8's in a row. He didn't score this game but I'm not complaining since I won and nobody rated less than 7.

I also had a striker who "seems" to have dipped in form but this may be due to my high expectations. He was a beast 2 years in row (top 5 scorer in League, top 5 assist, top 5 form both seasons). He's a mid 7 now in rating, hasn't gained as much Quality, and though he's second in scoring in this league, it just seems like he misses ALOT of opportunities for a 1v1 SA. Anywho, his contract was gonna be up at the end of this season. I just signed him and he scores twice in CL and gets an 9 in form.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    FC Paragon 04
    Season 14, level 14

League: 3 titles
    Champion's League: 1 title
    Cup: 1 title

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Teams do go through slumps, all of mine do, even my team I buy T for has bad form sometimes. One of my farmed T teams had a season like yours, run of stupid losses to start.. nothing seemed to work. I wound up selling a couple guys (GK and MC) and the team picked up form, but too late for that season. They crushed everyone next season, and have been doing well since.
    Look at what would be considered the 2nd best team in the Premier League, La Liga, Bubdesliga, in fact any league in Europe. Do you honestly think for one moment they would have such a bad run of form to languish in the table as my team does? I don't think so either so, something must be very wrong with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by toonarmy View Post
    Look at what would be considered the 2nd best team in the Premier League, La Liga, Bubdesliga, in fact any league in Europe. Do you honestly think for one moment they would have such a bad run of form to languish in the table as my team does? I don't think so either so, something must be very wrong with this game.
    Objection! IRL example:
    Villarreal CF:
    season 10/11 4th place in La Liga
    season 11/12 18th place in La Liga (relegated to Segunda Division)
    season 12/13 2nd place in Segunda Division (promoted back to La Liga)
    season 13/14 6th place in La Liga
    John Naish likes this.

At least you can write off a season in game easier than irl. You'll not get sacked either.

Just pick yourself up and go again until the next time Lady Luck takes a pee on your hopes n dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    Objection! IRL example:
    Villarreal CF:
    season 10/11 4th place in La Liga
    season 11/12 18th place in La Liga (relegated to Segunda Division)
    season 12/13 2nd place in Segunda Division (promoted back to La Liga)
    season 13/14 6th place in La Liga
    Villarreal are hardly considered a top 2 team in La Liga, finishing in 6th place, 28 points behind 2nd placed Barcelona

Figure this out-t11.jpg

No way in the realms of football could a team as good as mine finish here, I have been "Trolled", is that the right term?

What a sham, work hard developing a team rather than spending tokens and get nothing

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toonarmy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T11.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	24920

No way in the realms of football could a team as good as mine finish here, I have been "Trolled", is that the right term?

What a sham, work hard developing a team rather than spending tokens and get nothing
    Yes troll is the right word...My friend and I were in the same level 10...His team was 3 best in the league inspite of this he finished 9...

This season inspite of having the best team by a far distance I came second...

So it happens...This is the first time I have finished 2 after having a knowlege of various aspects of the game......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast