Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Injuries cost you real money.

  1. #1
    Pro Celtic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    999

    Injuries cost you real money.

    I got a player injured for 6 days, I let him heal by himself without red packs.
    Today I make him play the second half of an easy friendly to get him going and he gets a different unrelated injury. 12 days now.

    Let's do the math. Currently 89 "tokens" cost you 9,99 euros.

    Now you want red packs and green packs. You need 15 red packs for anything above 4 days.
    That means you need a 25-packer. 24 "tokens", in practice 2,70€
    He gets a new injury? you need 5 red packs more. That'll cost you 6 "tokens" (0,67€) provided you still have 10.
    I'm not even counting the green and blue packs you may need.

    This means every situation likes this can cost you around 3,50 €uros.
    A simple injury means €1,70 they want from you every two or three games.

    Considering that they have increased the injury factor lately (to stop you from harvesting packs), training players may cost you an awful lot of real money if you fall for it. And definitely your hospital won't generate enough red packs if you can't harvest them.

    Resist. If you feel mugged, just exit the game. Games in the 90's used to be about fun. You'd pay 80€ for a console cart once, but you'd have happy times for a lifetime.

    Above all, it's very sad to think that kids have full access to Facebook these days and that they'll be exposed to this kind of pressure after being attracted by the fancy games, supposed to be free.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    938
    You don't 'need' to heal your players, you don't 'need' to win all the time.
    Deliberately tank every second or third season and just let the injuries happen and don't spend the money.
    I've been playing for 16 seasons, won the league last year, looks like I may win again this season and here's what I've got just by not using them in seasons I don't need to
    Injuries cost you real money.-packs.png
    Cat Harrison and Green Lion like this.

  3. #3
    VIP Buffs Mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,268
    I understand the intent of the post. But it still comes down to choice. Greed is good companies feed on the 'greed' of customers. Don't heal and there is not cost - and adding the cost of injuries is pointless unless a price is actually paid.

    On the other hand, I don't understand why people would have over 200 free packs and when they have an opportunity to use them choose not to do so. If the intent is that 'I always have 200' then they will never be used and they might as well not be there.

    And, yes, today is my day for posting crap everywhere.

  4. #4
    Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    938
    Greens and reds are used for Academy players 3 times a season, but yeh you're right, no point in having so many really.
    Maybe deep down I'm keeping them to piss folk off the need them desperately, or subconsciously I'm sticking two fingers up at the developers saying that I don't need to spend any money.
    Maybe I'm just not too bothered!
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

  5. #5
    Dreamer fugazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    310
    Tanking is really only the best of all bad choices. If you only have 1 acc, like most with most games have, it shouldnt be needed to leave it every other season, that's just ridiculous. I am amazed how much so this is a generally accepted strategy. Special attention to the last 2 words, generally accepted That's apparently how tame the masses have become to accept this.

    The repeat injury does happen too often that you sometimes start to wonder why the red packs are even in the game. Oh right, to make money.
    seanmeg and Celtic like this.

  6. #6
    Famous kynan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,005
    I had a little over 400 greens at the start of this season but used them to power train. Im now storing them up and want to get around 2000 or so to do mega power training in a few seasons time.

    I think thats a better use of packs if possible rather than a few at a time.

    Im also trying now to use very little tokens as farming has become harder. Stockpiling the packs will help push the tokens to last longer.

  7. #7
    Dreamer seanmeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    Tanking is really only the best of all bad choices. If you only have 1 acc, like most with most games have, it shouldnt be needed to leave it every other season, that's just ridiculous. I am amazed how much so this is a generally accepted strategy. Special attention to the last 2 words, generally accepted That's apparently how tame the masses have become to accept this.

    The repeat injury does happen too often that you sometimes start to wonder why the red packs are even in the game. Oh right, to make money.
    Totally agree with this post i've one account,minimal token buyer,never been out of first two in 23 seasons with 18wins and 4 r/up ,why should i start throwing league titles away and start tanking every other season because Nordeus decide to be over-greedy?. The tweaks this month will at least double my monthly monetary input,my reserve of Reds/Greens and Tokens have nearly been depleted with excessive injuries and slower recoveries. Surely better to have my monthly income for another two years than none at all because you destroyed the game so much that i stopped playing!!!
    Gintaras Račas likes this.
    Lgue Wins 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,24,25, 26,27,28,29,30,35,38,40,42,45,46,48,56,59
    R/Up
    10,19,22,23,32,34,41,43,47,52
    3rd place 31,33,36,37,44,53
    Ch Lgue Wins 9,12,17,23,25,27,28,30,42,47
    R/Up 10,13,16,40
    CUP Wins ​11,12
    R/Up 23
    "TREBLE WINNERS" 12
    LEVEL 60?




  8. #8
    Addicted Phil Scrivener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    I understand the intent of the post. But it still comes down to choice. Greed is good companies feed on the 'greed' of customers. Don't heal and there is not cost - and adding the cost of injuries is pointless unless a price is actually paid.

    On the other hand, I don't understand why people would have over 200 free packs and when they have an opportunity to use them choose not to do so. If the intent is that 'I always have 200' then they will never be used and they might as well not be there.

    And, yes, today is my day for posting crap everywhere.
    I agree with this post it is your choice to use or not !!!! have cover etc so it dosnt hit so hard !!!!!!!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

  9. #9
    Dreamer seanmeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Scrivener View Post
    I agree with this post it is your choice to use or not !!!! have cover etc so it dosnt hit so hard !!!!!!!
    No manager can have cover for 6+ injuries ,some of us are getting 3-4 playing injuries in a DAY (not every day) and 1-2 in training,mostly 6 dayers or more ,why do you think we are posting complaints
    Anna Martyniec likes this.

  10. #10
    Addicted Phil Scrivener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by seanmeg View Post
    No manager can have cover for 6+ injuries ,some of us are getting 3-4 playing injuries in a DAY (not every day) and 1-2 in training,mostly 6 dayers or more ,why do you think we are posting complaints
    again its your choice if you want to train that hard everyday !!! I try to buy players that can perform 1-2-3- roles to help with injuries red cards etc , thats my choice not to train too hard , I feel everyones pain with hard hit numerous injuries but just agreed thaT it is the managers choice to use reds or not ! a full squad will normally get me through a full season rotating etc .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast