Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New Transfer playing poorly (bad ratings)

Dreamer

Unhappy New Transfer playing poorly (bad ratings)

Hi guys,

Meet Jack Fawcett:

New Transfer playing poorly (bad ratings)-jack.jpg

On paper, great player. High value, young, and talented (38.8, 37.6, 38.8 skills). However, his ratings are honestly terrible.

First game:
    • League game
    • 0-1 Home Loss
    • Weaker opponent (even before transfer)
    • 5 rating (DR also rated 5)
    • Took a yellow card

Second game:
    • League game
    • 1-2 Road Win
    • Stronger opponent
    • 4 rating

Third game:
    • Champions League, Rnd 6
    • 2-4 Home Loss (Result did not matter, played B-team)
    • 5 rating

Fourth game:
    • League game
    • 4-0 Home Win
    • Comparable opponent
    • Scored goal at 37'
    • 6 rating

Fifth game:
    • Cup, Top 16, 2nd Leg
    • 2-0 Home Win
    • Weaker opponent
    • 6 rating

Sixth game:
    • League game
    • 1-7 Home Win
    • Weaker opponent
    • Subbed off at 77'
    • 4 rating

Should I sell or am I over-reacting here?
    Last edited by Cody Allan Taylor; 06-15-2014 at 04:39 AM.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Banned
    Just be little more patient with him......
    Cody Allan Taylor likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Compare his skills (attributes) against a player that does well in the Role he plays. Add skill points towards that. Also try moving him around if you are playing him as DMC, I had a DMC/R that preferred the left spot when playing as a DMC. When adding young players, sometimes it takes awhile to get them up to speed, I try to avoid playing them in important matches their first Season, when possible.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Compare his skills (attributes) against a player that does well in the Role he plays. Add skill points towards that.
    I'm extremely picky about my player training...

Players who previously held his starting-11 spot:
    • Miloslav Merrick, MC: 30, 31, 30
    • Alexander Marlow, DML/ML: 35.6, 36.8, 35.6
    • Alfred Bagni, DC/DMC: 25.8, 16.6, 20.8
    • Sal Bragg, DMC: 21.8, 17.6, 19.6

I never change my arrow tactics for a particular formation and rarely change the "Team Mentality", so it's pretty safe to say that the role isn't any different for the two extremely defensive trained players than the two offensive trained players.

I am gonna try changing his role training though, see if that makes a difference. It's the only thing I haven't done for this player that I have done for the others. My next match he'll be playing DMR in a different formation, so we'll see how that goes.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

Tbh although the suggestions are good I'd need to decide one thing first....is this player worth the hassle. If you can't easily replace him with a similar player I'd make an effort with him. If you can I'd kick him into the long grass and try another. Personally speaking, I'd *punt*.

Some players seem to go through cycles where they are great or poor. I suppose my advice would depend on what your current squad options and token levels are.

Do you have suitable cover to drop him for a game or two - or is he a player who would be an important cog in your team? If its the latter, then maybe he is worth sticking with. Sometimes a player that is dreadful one season will become your star player the next.

I'd also say it would depend on your token level. If you are on a limited budget, it isn't really economical to ditch the player, as you will need to use more tokens to get a replacement in. Obviously if you have hundreds/thousands of tokens, then splashing out on a new player is slightly easier.

I personally would stick with him for a while longer. Even if not playing him for the rest of this season, using the theory that some players who are dreadful one season are great the next, he could become really useful to you next season.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Dreamer
    He played better this game! He even had an assist to my "B-team" AMR (52', 2nd goal)!

New Transfer playing poorly (bad ratings)-cupwinindividualrating.jpg

I rarely play 3 defender formations, but this worked really well. He earned a few more starts. Still on thin ice, though!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

One rule for me - 5-5-5-5-5 is forgivable, but once you hit a 4 then you're out.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Quote Originally Posted by Qambu Yaasi View Post
    One rule for me - 5-5-5-5-5 is forgivable, but once you hit a 4 then you're out.

For me 6-6-6-6-6 is unforgivable

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Compare his skills (attributes) against a player that does well in the Role he plays. Add skill points towards that. Also try moving him around if you are playing him as DMC, I had a DMC/R that preferred the left spot when playing as a DMC. When adding young players, sometimes it takes awhile to get them up to speed, I try to avoid playing them in important matches their first Season, when possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    Some players seem to go through cycles where they are great or poor. I suppose my advice would depend on what your current squad options and token levels are.

Do you have suitable cover to drop him for a game or two - or is he a player who would be an important cog in your team? If its the latter, then maybe he is worth sticking with. Sometimes a player that is dreadful one season will become your star player the next.

I'd also say it would depend on your token level. If you are on a limited budget, it isn't really economical to ditch the player, as you will need to use more tokens to get a replacement in. Obviously if you have hundreds/thousands of tokens, then splashing out on a new player is slightly easier.

I personally would stick with him for a while longer. Even if not playing him for the rest of this season, using the theory that some players who are dreadful one season are great the next, he could become really usef ul to you next season.
    Hi bud, why did you try him in a dr position?, you penalised him for trying him out of position, second whenever you get multi skilled players it is always a trial by error for a few games because he may play good in one or the other position . You also need to find the best formation suited to him but most times if you bought him for a paticular formation and he-still does not perform then try resting him but keep up the training, then slot him in again, if he is young then give him a season to settle in and he might come good next season.
    Something to look at is the whole team stats after a game because not every player( playing in that match) will keep getting high ratings!, if you have othet good performers they will be stealing the limelight so to speek!, having said that every player should get good ratings sometime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast