Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: One star MOM

Dreamer
    As expected the match don't turn out on my favour.

One star MOM-clm2s02.jpg

My defense hold up until his DMC made a free kick at 67'. His STs was only able to get a lucky score at 90' (ST pass to ST).
    If my 5* DC stopped that free kick it would have been 0:0 and my 2*GK would be the MOM, so his DMC getting MOM was of no surprise.

My offense didn't go well although not a disaster either, looks like my formation don't counter his.
    The one star in question didn't catch fire on this game but he's doing well against enemy 5~6* STs and AMCs. The 2* GK catch fire instead saving 3.

It was a good game

Apprentice
    I have had a academy player for over 6 seasons now he has been playing outstanding as my Midfielder he keeps doing well he will surely break the record of the amount of games someone has played for my team
    Season 1: 7th in league, Preliminary stage of Cup
    Season 2: 2nd in League, 3rd Place in cup
    Season 3: winner of league, winners of CL, Last 16 of Cup
    Season 4: winner of league, Quarter Finals of CL, Qualifying Stage of Cup
    Season 5: winner of league, Last 16 of CL, Preliminary Stage of Cup
    Season 6: winner of league, Group Stages of CL, Playoffs of Cup
    Season 7: 2nd place in League, Quarter Finals of CL, Last 16 of Cup

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Well, I don’t want to spoil your thrill but I ‘m tending to believe that rates aren’t such a big deal. The game/program consider the quality of the players, the formation/orders, the condition of the players and don’t know what else and making a decision who’s gonna win.
    After that, the program making a visualization of the process which is what we ‘re seeing.

If we have a 2* player among other good players of the team and with good other factors, this player can have a good rate, but if we have a team of 2* players or playing with a 4-5 level up team in the Cup or in a friendly game, no matter if our team is in an excellent form, we can’t win. Sometimes I believe, the program decides to favor a weak team (hey, it’s football) .
    Personally, rate of a player is very low in my opinion, for evaluation of a player I want to buy.

+1 point to the game : many times I feel like my players have some some individual personalities and reacting like this.

-1 point : Sometimes the program fail to create the right visualization of the game and we see it as a troll result. A classic fail of the game is when the GK gets injured.

One star MOM-injury-gk.jpg
    jacks likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer
    It is well known that in this game, the player form reflects a player's success rate and contribution in a match.
    I consider 6 being subpar, 7 is normal, 8 is excellent. Getting a 9 is on fire.

There is a hidden factor for each player, I call it "motivation", which is the greatest deciding factor about player performance. Its impact is so great that it overshadows quality and morale. Meaning, a low quality and low morale player with high motivation can easily beat a player with high quality high morale but low motivation.

Low motivation is the main reason some player enter "slumps" and fail to get good form continously in matchs.

The obvious thing is that a player with low motivation (constantly getting 6 or below) have a very high chance of missing penalty kick (I say over 80%), regardless of quality or SA. All other actions too: failing to tackle, making fouls for no reason, making mistake passing to an opponent, etc.

There is no definative way to change the motivation of a player. Training is one thing that helps. I also discovered recently that subs out a player with bad motivation during half time, if he had done bad on that match, appears to improve that player's motivation later. Player with low motivation would often reverse upon transfer: a player with bad form directly from market would usually perform excellent instantly once he enter your team, and vice versa.

It is hard to identify the motivation of players because its value is hidden, but there are signs for it. The obvious one is that a player lose morale faster when the motivation is low. A player with high motivation may instead have his morale increasing over time, often there are cases players with zero morale gaining back to 100% on their own after playing some matchs because their motivation is near the peak.

In my experience, it is harder to get a good form if your team goes against a stronger team, as the chance of succeeding any action becoming lower and the chance to make mistakes becomes higher.

A player with high motivation could still fail and get a low form if he is out-played in a match, but the case will be isolated and inconsistence.
    A player with low motivation would constantly getting bad results no matter how weak his opponents are.

Keep a player with good performance on the pitch while keeping under-performing players at the bench... This is supposed to be the most basic thing a good manager should do but often overlooked.
    nikolgiorgos and Cat Harrison like this.

@Amane Ito

Good analysis if you're playing CM. But this is too much analysis for a simple game...
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Εxcellent analysis my friend but I still believe that if there were two teams, one with 2* players, with high motivation and another one with 5* or 6* players with low performances (let’s say all team players had rates of 5) and played 10 times, the 6* team would won 10 out of 10. Maybe, after the game, we could read the board / visualization of the game, that the GK saved a double corner or he was injured but the defenders of the team didn’t let a mosquito passing through or that (the low Q team) ST lost 2 penalties – had a bad day etc

I don’t think this factor is so strong and some times I don’t know if really exists.
    The reason is what Qambu saying.
    I ‘m playing the game also with my android. From time to time there are offers (usually 1T) for downloading apps/ games. Two days ago, I was cleaning my phone from those games and I noticed this :

Calculator Plus 18 MB
    Jewel mania/ Bubble Trouble 39 MB
    Angry Birds 46 MB
    Top Eleven 55 MB
    Froggy Jump 2 56 MB.

I want to explain something.
    It’s not fair to compare this game with a football/sources manager, 1-2 GB, pc game.
    I really like this game and this period I log almost every day but the true power of the game is that it’s on line, playing with other human managers and also has this forum.

ps : I use those token I earn, to change the names of my cute little programs (I mean my players) to Brazilian football players
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Εxcellent analysis my friend but I still believe that if there were two teams, one with 2* players, with high motivation and another one with 5* or 6* players with low performances (let’s say all team players had rates of 5) and played 10 times, the 6* team would won 10 out of 10. Maybe, after the game, we could read the board / visualization of the game, that the GK saved a double corner or he was injured but the defenders of the team didn’t let a mosquito passing through or that (the low Q team) ST lost 2 penalties – had a bad day etc

I don’t think this factor is so strong and some times I don’t know if really exists.
    The reason is what Qambu saying.
    I ‘m playing the game also with my android. From time to time there are offers (usually 1T) for downloading apps/ games. Two days ago, I was cleaning my phone from those games and I noticed this :

Calculator Plus 18 MB
    Jewel mania/ Bubble Trouble 39 MB
    Angry Birds 46 MB
    Top Eleven 55 MB
    Froggy Jump 2 56 MB.
    The most sad thing is that client-sided changes for t11 are too small and not important. You can still play or login to this game with the older сlients. All changes are done in the server and I think that hidden values exists in this game. And I'm sure that token spending also helps to get better results.

Dreamer
    I could assure you that a bottom limit of bad motivation is probably something you've never seen before.

Not only that player becomes useless, a player with extremely bad motivation is counter-productive. I've witnessed a bad player on the opposing team doing so well for me I easily made 5 goals on the first half, but opponent defense get back on its feet all of a sudden once that player being sent off taking a red card. His defense actually improved with 10 players instead of 11...

Quote Originally Posted by Amane Ito View Post
    I could assure you that a bottom limit of bad motivation is probably something you've never seen before.

Not only that player becomes useless, a player with extremely bad motivation is counter-productive. I've witnessed a bad player on the opposing team doing so well for me I easily made 5 goals on the first half, but opponent defense get back on its feet all of a sudden once that player being sent off taking a red card. His defense actually improved with 10 players instead of 11...
    Well when a player gets a red card they usually get a bad rating anyways, so it might not be this bad motivation thing your talking about. Also there is a strange buy in the game that usually when a team gets a red card they perform better after it.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast