Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree716Likes

Thread: Season 63 - Week 4

Buffs FC sit 5pts ahead in the league with 4 straight wins. Looks like this will be a crappy league this Season.

Two CL wins. Not expecting any real action in the CL until QF - but I thougt that last season before going out at Top 16.

Buffs also hold a 2 goal lead going into tonight's home leg in the Cup.

Clinical Buffs score 3 1st half goals to make it comfortable and, although then threw away 2 sloppy goals after the break, the passage to the next round was beyond doubt after Maurice Johnston fired in a 4th. 4-2 home win and 7-3 aggregate victory

When asked about his teams performance Buffs Mad sang "Ring-a ding-a ding, we've got Willie on the wing, and its Easy, Ee~eaass~y"

Addicted
    Todays game is against this team that have played 3 won 3 and against proper teams as well, Level 17.

Season 63 - Week 4-opponent.jpg

This is my team

Season 63 - Week 4-me.jpg

If I lose I may have to think about my options. Will update after the match.

Lost 2-1, 2 bloody 1. This team is now 4 out of 4 and 3rd in the league on GD. What the flip is happening.

Season 63 - Week 4-level17.jpg

Maybe this should be transferred to the Vent Thread. Flipping ridiculous result,

Update - this abandoned team has now won 5 out of 5 and is top of the league. T11 WHAT IS GOING ON
    Last edited by Staggy Stagg; 02-14-2015 at 11:09 AM. Reason: update

VIP
    Day 6 summary...

Season 63 - Week 4-4.png

Match of the Day... Away win after 2-2 at home...

Season 63 - Week 4-5.jpg

Famous
    League: Perfect 12 points through 4 matches. Picked up a big away today against the same CF Busqn squad which handed us our lone league defeat last season. They also got us two seasons ago for one of our two league defeats.

Champions: Sitting atop the group on goal differential with 4 points through 2 matches.

Cup: Cruised to a 4:0 home victory to safely secure advancement to the playoff round of the cup.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    What have you learned from last season?
    * If I want to keep detail records of competitions, I must remind myself to capture screens before season end.
    * The competition prizes of L10 team and L18 teams are very close. But the wage cost difference is huge.
    Some further recent observations through L19 team:
    * In these seasons, wages & match bonuses increase quickly while competition prizes, sponsorship, and even player values increase slowly. Now it is silly to train players solely aiming at selling him with a better price.
    * While it's not easy to save little money on buying players or maximize revenue on selling players, money can be easily spent on win bonuses. A winning team may be sooner to face financial crisis.
    * I finally realize that ticket income is not unimportant. If stadium is not upgraded when the team is still financially healthy, a team will probably bankrupt earlier (unless there is investment).
    * Average ratings no longer clearly indicate competitiveness of teams. Average rating ratio for a 5* to a 4* L19 team, say 114:109, is not large. Moreover, many teams have strong starting lineup but average rating is lowered because of some low star back up players.

Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    What are your goals for this season?
    L11 Team - win league and CL.
    L19 Team - this team will not be strong and I will spend less time on it in this season. If initial results are good, I will spend some time to keep it in top 3 with a weak team. If initial results are bad, I will try to keep pride of the team while keeping it below 7th in league. In any situation, the team will try to maintain breakeven as far as possible especially on CL & Cup.
    After day 6:
    L19 Team: Performances are surprisingly well. It won all 4 matches in league, led in CL, and advanced to playoff in Cup. The team defense has suddenly improved. It's still a good scoring team even though it's defensive minded. Roster has been enlarged but this team still does not have adequate rotation players to handle 3 competitions. My green packs have been consuming quickly.

L11 Team - Also did as well in all competitions. Squad upgrading progress is also satisfactory. All but one remaining 4* players are 1 skill point away from 5*. In last season, my team unluckily lost both league matches to rival team even though it controlled the matches. Hope my team will defeat this much younger and better quality team in coming matches.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 02-14-2015 at 04:00 AM.
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

We continue with the good results

Season 63 - Week 4-screenshot_1.jpg

Table:

Season 63 - Week 4-screenshot_2.jpg

-->http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...en-1860-a.html<--

VIP
    Day 7 summary...

Season 63 - Week 4-14.png

Match of the day... Substitute Roca scores winner in 84. minute...

Season 63 - Week 4-1.jpg
    Season 63 - Week 4-2.jpg

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    We never had such a horrible start, only 8 points in 5 games.... today just a 2-2 after we had 2-0...
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast