Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Tanking

Apprentice

Tanking

Not something I've done or even considered up to this point, but having gained only 1 point from three games in the new season I've began to think what's the point of playing properly when the game is so unrealistic?

My team is very close to 5* quality yet I've lost to two teams at 2* overall quality. What's more, most of my players are getting 5 and 6 ratings in games where they're far superior in class to their opponents. Everything about my team suggests that a Top 4 finish should be the minimum I can achieve but it's annoyed me that nothing I can do will alter my fortunes.

I'm tempted to tank for the first time ever and attempt to come back next season as a 6* quality side.

Heed this warning, tanking is becoming a thing of the past as they have become aware of us doing it and are promoting clubs finishing below 7th to make up numbers where they don't have enough clubs in leagues, also with the new update on the phone platform they are auto putting in your skill points so u cannot save them up and it looks like it is only a matter of time before this comes over to desktop platform
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

My Celtic is playing in league of 13x 5* teams. I've noticed some of teams were on same level last season. If they had wanted to gain some quallity advantage through tanking, they failed for sure. All teams have similar Q and after 3rd league round none of them has 3 wins. Now they can tank one season more 'cause league is very though, but that won't secure them 1st position next season. So I think that game creators found way to prevent tanking for stronger teams. For weaker teams (2-3* average quallity) it is still useful because they need time to get stronger, but for 5* teams it isn't anymore.
    Ex top eleven player

tank away, only way to compete unless you buy tokens
    Arsenal for 3rd... a cheeky tenner says so!

I have 5 accounts and am tanking 4 of them this season. I usually have a fight with one of them as they try to come in 7th and I have to invent ways to lose. If you feel you cant compete, tank. build up for next season and have 50% of your team as scouts. I do it EVERY season. next season I will only have one team tank and then it becomes a pain because I have so many more games to care about. When you tank, you build up on reds, blues and greens as you really dont have to use them. I would use the reds because if you dont, you miss out on skill points. but tanking means you really dont have to.

I have a theory, and so far it rings true, that you get put in leagues where almost everyone is the same quality if you come in top 4. when you tank or dont get promoted, you get put in a weaker league. therefore it pays to tank. My account that tanked last season is 104Q now with 7 scouts and 5 more a few skill points from scout. 12 out of 20 players scout quality or close to it. not bad. the next best in my leagueis 101.2Q and the rest are below 100Q with many in the 92Q-95Q.

so if you do plan on tanking, go full tilt, dont waver. try it and if you dont like it next season what have to you lose other than one season? its a game, not something you will lose your firstborn son on. Just try to come in last and that will be the new "first".

and even when they auto-assign skill points on the PC version I will still tank by playing OOP and dumb instructions....and then we will see if they even matter.

and yes, I am the resident professional on tanking.

tank away
    Tank so Hard!

Hi, a tanked season is always a failure and a waste of time,don't forget it.

Moreover,I failed level 5 twice,so now I could have been at level 24,rather than level 22,
    though my manager carrier hasn't been so bad from that moment.

My actual league is very hard,but I want to be promoted,possibly from 1 to 4 place,
    but even 5,6 or 7 place should be ok.

At the moment I'm at the 5 position,at -3 points from the 3 leaders.
    Today I defeated away 2-4 one of these leaders.
    I won against 3 of the 4 teams that are ahead of me (3 victories and 1 defeat),but I was stopped by 3 teams behind me (1 victory, 2 draws and 1 defeat).

I have been changing and enforcing my team little by little,and results are starting to improve.
    Even a 0-0 result may be good against a strong team,since each team may be stopped by another one.

I'd never arrange a whole season to arrive at 8 or lower positions.....
    Last edited by Matteo de Clemente; 02-17-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Dreamer
    Perhaps this partially explains how my league wound up in a league where 13 out of 14 were 5* or better at the start of the season, yet only a few actually were promoted legitimately.

I think it sucks that they are grouping us by quality in league now. I don't know it for sure but there's enough evidence pointing that way that it's looking like it.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what 'Tanking' is?

Quote Originally Posted by Fail G View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't know what 'Tanking' is?
    Tanking is strategy which managers use to avoid promotion in order to strenghten their team for next season on same level. They put illegal formation and players on wrong position (red triangle).
    Fail G and Kylos like this.
    Ex top eleven player

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast