Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree762Likes

Thread: Season 64

Dreamer
    Yet another pre-match green booster full team cardio trick, I successfully qualify for top 16 in CL.

I only need to draw this game but it looks like my players love that 15m bonus so I happily paid

Season 64-cl16q.jpg

The average quality of my team is 6.4 lower.
    Final result in CL group stage is 3-1-2 for 10 points for the 2nd place, after successfully recovered from the first two defeats.
    Steppenwolf and nikolgiorgos like this.

Famous
    Another terrible performance in the league today, losing 4:2. This put our record at 8-1-2, which will probably mean we'll be in 4th place, 3 points clear of 5th. Once again the team was baffled by 4-3n-3 as for the 2nd time in 3 days we failed to beat it with 4-1-4-1. Guess its going to be back to drawing board against that formation, when we face it again. It's a strong league, filled with tanker teams so as long as we promote to champions league I guess i'll have to take it. Some roster moves in the midfield may be on the horizon as well...

Champions league game is in 3 hours but since we've already clinched top spot in the group, I'm not all that concerned about it.

VIP
    Season 64-butd8.png

Draw...

Season 64-4.jpg
    Season 64-5.jpg
    Buffs Mad and munchen like this.

CL: Buffs FC sleepwalk though the final Group match, emerging with a 2-1 victory. It was a pretty even match with the Buffs shading the first half and the opponent attacking with all their worth in the 2nd.

Man of the Match was Buffs GK Andy Goram, rating 9 and producing 7 saves - every one of them made the Commentary including a Punch from a dbl CK early on. One of his saves from a FK ended up a CK that Gough then headed behind for a 2nd dbl CK - from which they scored.

PS. Think I'll pull comments out because I was quite impressed

PPS. In this match there was no HT, just went from the blue HT message and ticked straight over to "Buffs restart...."

Actually maybe only 6 were commented because I can't remember accurately if catch at CK is counted as a save, but I think not.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 03-20-2015 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Add Saves comments

Going for the 6th in a row,probably last possibility for a couple of seasons,but half a dozen in a row would be a nice ending for the team:-)Season 64-uploadfromtaptalk1426866790191.jpg
    Buffs Mad and Steppenwolf like this.

VIP
    Season 64-celtic5.png

We are going through to Top 16... Cuéllar scored hat-trick, Delgado scored 2 goals and both strikers hit the target for the highest ever CL victory...

Season 64-6.jpg
    Season 64-7.png
    Season 64-8.jpg
    Season 64-9.png
    Peter Renn and Buffs Mad like this.

Dreamer
    Catching a corner kick count as a save.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Actually maybe only 6 were commented because I can't remember accurately if catch at CK is counted as a save, but I think not.
    -correct
    -weird why it doesn't count
    -I have a GK, third season now, that he is cleaning many corners - to bad
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    What have you learned from last season?
    * With careful financial control and good luck for getting a free agent for selling, the team can be strengthened and profitable at Level 19 without investment or token farming.
    * Early Day 1 observation 1: A Cup match can be arranged during the Season Day 1 server maintenance time. I have no chance to adjust formation or attend the match
    * Early Day 1 observation 2: My players’ conditions are supposed to be similar today (within 5 condition points). As I check this on day 1, I found that the conditions of the players including those who were not involved in the match, largely varies.

Added on Day 3
    * I always know, but now really feel that 22-24 years old players' training efficiency can be dropped dramatically in new season.
    * Finally noticed that I may have 1 or 2 videos to watch daily to earn tokens.
    * At Level 20, financial health may still be controlled at this moment. But transfer market become more & more difficult. I am considering to sign the next token academy player for long term use.

Who do you want to replace?
    L12 – As usual, gradually replacing 4* players with 5* players. Preferred a MC first because there are only 3 in roster. Also need to re-sign 3 players on day 2 to get 3 year contract.
    L20 – Right winger and right defender. There are only 2 right flank players in roster.

Added on Day 3
    L12 - Similar to last season, at this level, the transfer market is not too difficult even on day 1 & 2. We brought 12 new players with about 20 tokens through auctions. This is far ahead of my original schedule.

L20 - The transfer market is difficult. After trying hard to solve problem of shortage of right flank players, I got a right winger. Now I am patient again. But we have already spent 10 tokens. The team now have full squad including one academy young player for sale. As the team has already eliminated in Cup, it will downsize a little bit
    L12 - The transfer market is not difficult at right time. Even though I like my squad at season beginning, I was tempted to increase trading activities. The team have already brought & sold at least 28 players respectively (including 9 free agents that I never plan to keep) with about 40+ tokens (including those for failed auctions). Only 6 original players from last season is still staying. For the first time, I have a team with average age of 20. Now no position urgently require upgrading. But a 18-year-old expensive winger is pending to sign. I plan to sell a striker or a winger 3 days later (when academy players will also arrive) to get a player space.

L20 - The transfer market is difficult. The team have brought 10 players and sold 11 players (including 2 academy players & 2 free agents for resale) with about 40+ tokens. Also no urgent upgrade needed. All remaining 4* players are in good form or young. Probably, a 4* MC is next to be upgrade.

What are your goals for this season?
    L12
    * As usual, winning league & CL. It is becoming more & more difficult. The team has similar relative quality in terms of stars as last seasons. But the players are older.
    L20
    * financial control is main objective.
    * Early goal is top 4 in leauge. Adjusting according to the leaguemates.
    * For CL, top 8 will be satisfactory. For Cup, compete as far as possible but not lose too much cash

Added on Day 3
    L12
    * No change.
    * As of early day 3, 3 teams including my teams are the strongest.

L20
    * No change.
    * I am excited that keen competition is expected in league. At early day 3, other than 3 stronger teams and 2 weaker teams, the qualities of the teams including mine are quite close.
    Status after day 13
    L12
    * Now 2nd in league, 4 points behind the leader. My team gradually have become the highest in average quality & the youngest in this league. I have confident to win the league (unless any win will be taken away again by Nordeus when server crash.)
    * CL - Not too good in performance but still advanced to playoff
    * Cup - At top 16. Leading by away goal.

L20
    * Now 3rd in league. The league is interesting. Qualities & performances of many teams are close. The top 2 teams have about 4 to 5 average quality advantage.
    * Advanced to playoff
    * was eliminated.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 03-20-2015 at 05:40 PM.
    Peter Renn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    If teteks win their last group match in the CL by 2 or more goals, We will be eliminated from the CL in the group stage for the first time in our history, There is no H2H rule here since both matches between us and teteks were 1-1 draws so it will go down to GD.

Quite frankly, Our performances in the CL were terrible this season and we probably deserve to be eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexinho View Post
    I feel you.

I'm a 35 level and this season is the 2nd or 3rd time for me being eliminated in group stage!
    Every other season I get at least in the semifinals, but this time I had some trolling.
    First match, I was winning by 2 goals and the other team made 2 in the last 10 minutes. (2-2)
    2nd match, I scored the equalizer goal at 84' and after 2 minutes the opponent scored too. (lost 2-1)
    3rd-4th match, I won against the last team (he finished with 0 points).
    5th match, I was winning til 85', when he equalized. (1-1)
    Today I needed a home win to pass as 2nd, but ended 1-1

Result: I had the same points with the 2nd team, but he had 1 more away goal (2-2 at my home).
    We were very lucky... It was a 3-3 draw, but at one stage teteks held a 3-1 lead and looked to eliminate us from the competition until the Isreali Team (text unreadable) scored in the 82nd & 87th minute to stage a late comeback to send us through. The Isreali Team were already eliminated from the competition and had nothing to play for so we were very fortunate to still be in this seasons Champions League. Now that we are in the last 16 draw we have to pick up our form in the competition and try and make the most of this.

In the league we are now back in first place on GD.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast