Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Season 65

Famous
    In the grand scheme of things, today wasn't a bad day. We entered the day 2nd in the CL Group D and atop the league on goal differential. We end the day, where we began, 2nd in CL group and atop the league on goal differential.

It was a disappointing too though. Tried for bad day achievement in the champions league, but came up short since opponent could goal muster 4 goals against by highly illegal formation with no defense. Battle for first in the league ended in a 1:1 draw. Stat line was strange as my team could only muster one shot on goal from 27 shots, yet managed a 1:1 draw. I used an attacking mentality is this pivotal fixture, which continued the trend of the team performing better with a defensive/hard defensive approach this season. I'm not sure if other managers are experiencing the same trend, but its something for me to keep in mind going into the return leg of the cup tomorrow and KO rounds of the champions league.
    Buffs Mad and nikolgiorgos like this.

Buffs Catch-Up

After a stuttering start in the league with 3 wins 3 draws and 1 Defeat in the first 7 the Buffs beat the leader 5-2 and won the next 3 - he was second last season. We still lie 1pt behind but the leader's nerves are frayed.

In the Cup we've had 7 wins from 7 and similarly are 6 from 6 in the CL. Just need to hold our nerve but performances have been stable lately:

Addicted
    Though I haven't posted in a couple of days, I'm not really going to go to too much depth into the games as most of them speak for themselves. The only one I will go into a little is the Cup game as that is going to be an interesting second leg, and a little pointer that the league games are primarily using my reserves.

Without further ado:

Season 65-screenshot_2015-04-15-19-59-22.jpg

Easy enough win against an inactive manager.

Season 65-screenshot_2015-04-15-19-59-32.jpg

After the kicking I got against the team I can't pronounce, this was a much needed victory and set up the final day nicely.

Season 65-screenshot_2015-04-16-18-59-07.jpg

The Cup match was very good viewing, as this went back and forth for most of the match, with us eventually winning and taking back a good advantage. It was also pleasing to actually be the team injuring the players rather than being injured. Though the match is in my favour, my more defensive formation didn't quite work out as expected.

Season 65-screenshot_2015-04-16-21-27-12.jpg

Simple win against them puftas.

Season 65-screenshot_2015-04-17-21-50-01.jpg

Another easy win as the manager has been inactive and, despite the legal formation, the players were out of position to give me the 80-20 advantage. This sums up the League and I have currently won all 12 games with no goals conceded so far. However, the next two will be sterner tests as we play the top two in Jerez Industrial and Jack Twats, the latter likely to have my finger 'accidently slip' the tackling to hard.

Season 65-screenshot_2015-04-17-22-01-41.jpg

The Champions League match was simple. Win or draw and we were through, lose and we were out. Thankfully, we won in emphatic style and finished second due to the head to head ruling. Checking out the remainder of the teams, I can't see any reason why we can't go all the way.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Go go go :d

Looking at your history buffs and I am sorry about season 10 and 12. Those had to be hard. My 2nd season was almost like that. I blew the league by the skin on my teeth and then lost the CL final in extra time. So I won the hard one and just missed the two "easier" ones.

I am not very optimistic about winning the treble in the future. The cup just gets harder as you get better so my only chance is to possibly save up a ton of green packs and real money. Wait for the draw, and then train my starting 11 from 5-6* to 9*'s. Not the most ethical way and even then not a guarantee.

So far I have flubbed back to back CL finals so I have yet to win the career treble much less the single season lol. Though not many get the experience of winning the cup their 1st two seasons or winning it at all so I should probably stop the whining.

Season 65-draw2.jpgSeason 65-day14s5.jpg

FC Hoofdrop has drawn! Twice in 3 games! Once in the away leg vs C.A.E.T FC in the CUP and once in the final group stage match of CL.
    The team is fully committing to success in all competitions and will not allow minor setbacks to impede them.

Qualified for knocked stages of c/l but they tried to troll us, going in the final game we needed a draw but in opening 15 mins 2 injuries including g/k and we were 2 down but we came back to win 3-2 so there
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    Qualified for knocked stages of c/l but they tried to troll us, going in the final game we needed a draw but in opening 15 mins 2 injuries including g/k and we were 2 down but we came back to win 3-2 so there
    Don't let the machine beat you!

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

League: A brace a piece from Karin Kikuhara and Namfah Yui-lue, along with goals from Nguyen "Two" Phuc Khanh Linh, Minyu "Sakina" Wu, and Kira "Jesus" Yamato earns Bali United ZAFT a 7-0 victory away at the abandoned team that is merangin fc. The victory is not as easy as expected though - joined the match half an hour into it with the score still 0-0, and Jesus Yamato broke the deadlock 4 minutes before HT. In the 2nd half the floodgates opened especially after I switched from 4-3w-1-2 to 4-4-2 classic with Sakina replacing Tran Ngo "Chan" Thuy Trang. Overall this is still a decent win that keeps us in the leading pack, with an important blockbuster match against Imron FC at home coming up next. 1st vs. 2nd, this bound to serve up an exciting showdown!

Season 65-untitled5.jpg

Champions League: The draw of the Champions League Round of 16 pits us against Dream Team of Albania, a team that we've beaten on penalties in the Cup Preliminary round a couple seasons ago. Surely the aroma of revenge is strong in this tie, but we've built our strength over the past couple of seasons and we're now ready to take on anything. The first leg is away to Albania on Sunday, before the 2nd leg is held at home on Tuesday.

Season 65-untitled4.jpg
    Season 65-untitled-6.png
    Season 65-untitled8.jpg
    Season 65-untitled9.jpg

The winners of this tie will face the winners of MrDheitoRVL FC and Chisago FC in the quarter-finals.

Season 65-untitled7.png

see from the player's stars, this is the most difficult opponent until today this season.
    match will be held tomorrow, CL.

Season 65-screenshot-18_04_2015-17_05_38.jpg
    Season 65-b.jpg
    Season 65-c.jpg

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast